ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bcilr18
Mood:

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Post by bcilr18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:34 am

bhagsred wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:22 pm
bcilr18 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:23 pm
Have you got the approval yet?
Nope, still waiting. Nobstatus update aswell. Do we any options legally to complain and request for update?. Can we go to the appointment centre to enquire?

Thanks,
Bhargav
I don't think you can enter the service centre for general enquiries. Also first thing you will be asked upon entering is to show an appointment letter.

However you can try to find out by going to the LifeinUK test centre where you took your test. Carry along a copy of your certificate if you have one and see if they have been contacted by home office or not. I am not entirely sure if this will work in your favour but you don't lose anything by doing so.

Also I would suggest to be prepared for a compliance visit to your company and get all docs and history in place.

mustafa794
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mustafa794 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:45 am

Hi
Can someone let me know why they hold application for extra checks? And how long they hold in the past minimum and maximum time?
I got the same letter yesterday and CW said we will update you within 10 working days. Is that possible?
As my case was very straight farword.
Five years root as tier 1 dependent.
Please let me know if anyone has got any related information.
Thanks

uniquechoice
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uniquechoice » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:12 pm

mustafa794 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:45 am
Hi
Can someone let me know why they hold application for extra checks? And how long they hold in the past minimum and maximum time?
I got the same letter yesterday and CW said we will update you within 10 working days. Is that possible?
As my case was very straight farword.
Five years root as tier 1 dependent.
Please let me know if anyone has got any related information.
Thanks
Hi, my peo application Tier1 general to ILR application has been on hold since feb 15th, 2018 and still waiting. Do not know how long further it will take as its already been 9 months.

mustafa794
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mustafa794 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:31 am

Hi
How was your application? Any complications?
Did you get any respons?

alir
Newly Registered

Post by alir » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Guys,
I applied on 21st Sept 2018 through Glasgow PSC, they handed me the standard further checks letter. Last week my company has an audit but compliant officer was keep saying us that this audit has nothing to do with the ILR application I have made. I am the only migrant employed worker in the company and they never audit us in last 5 years and suddenly after my ILR application home office decided to audit us.

The audit went well, there is nothing to hide the only thing is I had about 30% pay rise last year and my salary now is £35,500. They were investigating this very hard and was trying to understand the reason for the rise. My salary is quite above my SOC code also.

They requested all P60 from my employer which my HR manager has sent to them. They could have asked me the same I had the same with me when I made the application 2 months back.

Million Dollar Question: Does anyone know here how long will it take further? Fed up with all the waiting and really anxious now.

Thanks

Ali

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:00 pm

alir wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:28 pm
Hi Guys,
I applied on 21st Sept 2018 through Glasgow PSC, they handed me the standard further checks letter. Last week my company has an audit but compliant officer was keep saying us that this audit has nothing to do with the ILR application I have made. I am the only migrant employed worker in the company and they never audit us in last 5 years and suddenly after my ILR application home office decided to audit us.

The audit went well, there is nothing to hide the only thing is I had about 30% pay rise last year and my salary now is £35,500. They were investigating this very hard and was trying to understand the reason for the rise. My salary is quite above my SOC code also.

They requested all P60 from my employer which my HR manager has sent to them. They could have asked me the same I had the same with me when I made the application 2 months back.

Million Dollar Question: Does anyone know here how long will it take further? Fed up with all the waiting and really anxious now.

Thanks

Ali
I was in the same situation few months ago. Here is my timeline.

Appt: 17th May
Compliance visit: 29th June (43 days from appt)
Compliance visit response: 27th July (28 days from visit)
Approval: 11th Sept (46 days from comp visit response)

Total duration:118 calendar days (3 months 26 days - excluding weekends) or 83 working days

Since you had a visit last week, I am guessing they will give a feedback on their visit around 20th Dec. And approval around 27th Feb 2019. Remember that Xmas might cause some delays too.

These are just estimates based on my case and previous members' timelines. So don't expect them to be correct. Also, important thing to look out is for an email to your employer with a positive feedback. Once you get that then be sure that your approval won't be far away. Be patient and carry on with your daily routine and stop stressing thinking about it. It is frustrating but nothing comes easy in life.

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:58 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 am
bhagsred wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:29 pm
nick1015 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:36 pm
Hi all,
I applied for SET(O) ILR under tier 2 general 5 year route on 26th September 2018 . I opted for same day premium service at Croydon.
After a long wait I got a call from the case worker asking why haven't I applied for extension for my spouse to which I said that I'll be applying later as her PBS dependent visa is still valid for another year and the case worker said that it's ok and she will add these notes to my file. And then the case worker called again in 10 mins and asked me to come to counter number 42 and gave me a paper requesting for my 5 years original P60 and April, May & June 2018 Salary slips. (July to septemer already submitted with the application)

I had all my original P60's and salary slip's but I didn't have my original P11D as I get travel allowance which is declared in my P11D so I had to call HMRC and request for the same which took 5 days to come and on the 6th day i.e. 3rd October I sent all original documents to the case worker in Croydon via Special delivery.

My application was quite simple as I have been employed by the same employer for these 5 years and my salary has always been well above the SOC code. However during my renewal of tier 2 visa I did get a salary hike of almost 40%. Apart from that everything was ok.

Has anyone had similar experience ?
Should I ask my employer to be prepared for a compliance visit ?

If yes then please share how long did it take to get a response from UKVI & after how long should I contact them to get an update on the application?
Hi,
I am also in similar situation, Today I applied for ILR under premium service at Croydon Office, ( I applied for ILR throur Tier 2 General 5 years route) after I gave my biometrics at 9.0 AM and I was waiting in the cafeteria until 11.00 AM and I got a phone call from case work and she raised couple of question.

1Q. Your marterial status is married, you have not mentoned about your dependent visa.
Ans: I answered my wife having valid visa until Dec 2019 , then case worker said okay thats fine (for me and my wife having valid visas until Dec 2019, here I am the main applicant)

2Q. Your salary is increased to 36,500.00 since Aug and in your Cos it shows 31,000.00, do you have any reason for this hike.
Ans: Yes my salary was increased to £36,500.00 and I have a letter from the employer and in the letter it clearly says the reason for salary hike (salary increased due to my good performance.

3Q. Can you submit that letter to me.
Ans: I said yes and submitted the letter to the case worker.

I was waiting in the cafeteria and after 35 mins again I got a phone call from the same case worker and she gave me a letter and she kept all my documets with her-“ The letter says your application is valid but there are further enquiries thar need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made.”

I asked case worker, how long it takes to do this - she said it may takes weeks or months.

/*
SET (O) Application
And Supporting documents I,ve submitted to the case worker:
Passport, BRP card,
3 months ply slips.
3 Months bank statements(Aug, Sep and Oct pay slips).
Employer letter.
Salary Appraisal letter for £36,500.00
Life in UK certificate.
Uk Masters certificate.
2 Photos.
*/

I am so disappointed, As I have travelling plans, my grand fater is not feeling well, he is in 80,s. He wants to see me, I thought once i got ILR I will spend some time with him, I paid £3075.00 for same day service, but still i didn,t get decision on the same day.My employer informed to Home office regarding my salary hike.

Every thing is very clear and genune from side but still case worker gave me that letter.

Anyone gone through similar situation or known. Howmuch time generally takes in such situation. To whom we have to enquire regarding the same.

Many Thanks in advance & your help is much appreciated🙏

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:05 pm

bhagsred wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm
bcilr18 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am
@bhagsred

If that is the only reason that they couldn't verify your LUK test then it should not take long as it is a matter of verifying test result. If delays are at the test centre then caseworker can't do much about it than to wait. However if they have any other concerns might take as long as 4-6 months.

Usually if there was a hike in salary just before ILR application can raise concerns. This is followed by a compliance visit to your company usually within a month. And post visit another 3 months approx to make a decision.
At the time appointment she raised only that constraint. There is no sudden hike in salary before my ilr application. There is a hike in salary @2K, when I got extension 2 years back. The current salary I quoted excluding OT is 32 K (as per min. salary for shortage occupation job id 2129).

I sent a letter to Liverpool PSC 2 days back, but no response.

I haven’t applied ILR for my spouse and kids because my wife not yet finished her 5 years cohabitation period, I'll be applying my spouse and kids PBS dependent visa extension, which are due to expire on 15/12/2018. This depends on my current ILR visa decision. In worst case scenario, assuming I haven’t got my decision before the expiry of my spouse and dependents visa, under what category I have to extend their visa.

Thanks,
Bhargav
Hi All,

I am in the same situation, Today I applied for ILR under premium service at Croydon Office, ( I applied for ILR throur Tier 2 General 5 years route) after I gave my biometrics at 9.0 AM and I was waiting in the cafeteria until 11.00 AM and I got a phone call from case work and she raised couple of question.

1Q. Your marterial status is married, you have not mentoned about your dependent visa.
Ans: I answered my wife having valid visa until Dec 2019 , then case worker said okay thats fine (for me and my wife having valid visas until Dec 2019, here I am the main applicant)

2Q. Your salary is increased to 36,500.00 since Aug and in your Cos it shows 31,000.00, do you have any reason for this hike.
Ans: Yes my salary was increased to £36,500.00 and I have a letter from the employer and in the letter it clearly says the reason for salary hike (salary increased due to my good performance.

I was waiting in the cafeteria and after 35 mins again I got a phone call from the same case worker and she gave me a letter and she kept all my documets with her-“ The letter says your application is valid but there are further enquiries thar need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made.”

I asked case worker, how long it takes to do this - she said it may takes weeks or months.

Thank you.

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:53 am

jgnaidu wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:05 pm
bhagsred wrote:
bcilr18 wrote:
@bhagsred

If that is the only reason that they couldn't verify your LUK test then it should not take long as it is a matter of verifying test result. If delays are at the test centre then caseworker can't do much about it than to wait. However if they have any other concerns might take as long as 4-6 months.

Usually if there was a hike in salary just before ILR application can raise concerns. This is followed by a compliance visit to your company usually within a month. And post visit another 3 months approx to make a decision.
At the time appointment she raised only that constraint. There is no sudden hike in salary before my ilr application. There is a hike in salary @2K, when I got extension 2 years back. The current salary I quoted excluding OT is 32 K (as per min. salary for shortage occupation job id 2129).

I haven’t applied ILR for my spouse and kids because my wife not yet finished her 5 years cohabitation period, I'll be applying my spouse and kids PBS dependent visa extension, which are due to expire on 15/12/2018. This depends on my current ILR visa decision. In worst case scenario, assuming I haven’t got my decision before the expiry of my spouse and dependents visa, under what category I have to extend their visa.

Thanks,
Bhargav
Hi All,

I am in the same situation, Today I applied for ILR under premium service at Croydon Office, ( I applied for ILR throur Tier 2 General 5 years route) after I gave my biometrics at 9.0 AM and I was waiting in the cafeteria until 11.00 AM and I got a phone call from case work and she raised couple of question.

Thank you.
Ya, unfortunately u have to wait till u get a call. It’s a one way trap...

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 am

Hi All,

Thank you.
[/quote]

Has your company ever had an compliance visit in the last 5 years? And could you please share your SOC CODE?

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:52 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 am
Hi All,

Thank you.

Has your company ever had an compliance visit in the last 5 years? And could you please share your SOC CODE?
[/quote]

Hi, yes recently (In July 2018) had compliance visit, went very well.
My SOC code 2139

Thank you,

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:01 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
@bhagsred

Hi, I am in the same situation, decison pending due salary hike. Is it official compliance visit to the company or sudden vist. May I know what details the compliance officer gona check with company. Do you have any idea.
Thank you,
Jgnaidu

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:07 am

@jgnaidu

Could you let us know if your salary was increased just before application to meet ILR requirements? Also was the hike informed through SMS withing 10 working days? Better to inform through SMS immediately if your employer still hasn't. Depending on the size of the company, they will either arrange a date or just drop in any time. Usually within 2-3 weeks after your premium appointment.

I hope you know that Premium appointment doesn't guarantee you decision same day. If they can't make decision same day it will fall under postal application timescale which is 4-6 months.

-Mine was an uninformed visit and usually they don't mention anything about your ILR application as this is just to check if your employer is complying with the reporting duties etc.
-Interviewed me and my employer for about 3 hours on the whole. First employer, then me then again my employer and back to me at my desk to check what I do. I was in the interview for about an hour.
-Asked about what I have done since I first entered UK, my job role and was asked to show physically what I do on a daily basis and any email conversations in the last 4 weeks. When was your last annual leave outside UK and within UK.
-Asked about increase in salary to me and my employer - valid reasons given.
-Checked all my immigration history, annual leaves, payslips, p60s, contracts, working hours, clocking in and out etc (all were available within the office apart from a couple and was asked to send over in 10 days).
-All evidence was noted and a declaration was signed.(you can ask for a copy)
-Employer asked about the decision timescales and was told will take another 2 months at least after the review.

Make sure you explain your job role as detailed as possible because just a line or two won't suffice your role. They will have a long list of questionnaire and be as spontaneous as possible. I was very quick without any hesitation and spot on and still took an hour long interview. They don't mind spending even the whole day with you. That said whatever you say must be inline with your employer's responses too.

If your work is desk based, then all the responses you gave during the interview will be asked to justify on your computer. If necessary screen shots will be asked (I wasn't asked because I was showing the officer my live projects in detail - coding, designing etc).

Make sure you have all your docs and history in place and also inform your employer to be prepared for a visit. Luckily my boss and I were available at the time of the visit. In the event of you or your employer's unavailability, they ask for a suitable date to re-visit which will just delay your process even longer. If employer alone is available then usually they may or may not ask for the candidate's interview but most likely they will like to interview you too depending on the size of the company.

This was my experience, cannot assure that the same drill will take place with you but this has been a thing with most of the members on this site.

See my previous post in this thread for the timelines. Be focused, be prepared, be spontaneous and most of all don't stress. Good luck and keep us posted.

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:51 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 am
Hi All,

Thank you.

[/quote]

Hi manibala, yes company had visit very recently(july 2018), SOC code: 2139

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 pm

bhagsred wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:53 am
jgnaidu wrote:
bhagsred wrote:
bcilr18 wrote:
@bhagsred

Thanks,
Bhargav
Hi All,

Thank you.
Hi Bhagsred,

Yes its true, if I approach local MP, is there any chance to speedup my application, do you have any idea. Thank you, jgnaidu

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:08 pm

jgnaidu wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 pm
bhagsred wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:53 am
jgnaidu wrote:
bhagsred wrote:

Thanks,
Bhargav
Hi All,

Thank you.
Hi Bhagsred,

Yes its true, if I approach local MP, is there any chance to speedup my application, do you have any idea. Thank you, jgnaidu
Its too early for that step.. But, nothing wrong in trying. All the very best.. Keep posted.

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
After a months wait finally i got my ilr decision n its approved.. 😊

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 pm

bhagsred wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm
bcilr18 wrote:
Hi Bhagsred, hearty congratulations, I would like to contact you, may I know the best way to contact. Thanks, jgnaidu.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 pm

jgnaidu wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 pm
bhagsred wrote:
bcilr18 wrote:
Hi Bhagsred, hearty congratulations, I would like to contact you, may I know the best way to contact. Thanks, jgnaidu.
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules. Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum.

announcements/terms-conditions-t3.html
Basic Rules for Members (and all other users):
  1. No negative comments about someone's nationality, race or religion.
  2. No advertising of commercial web-sites.
  3. There can be no 'discussion' or 'advice' regarding how to engage in illegal activities (such as but not limited to: how to illegally acquire copyrighted material, work permits, visas, passports or other documents), and no links to websites providing such information.
  4. No use of rude or inappropriate language. One must always treat fellow posters with respect.
  5. For your own safety, there should be no public posting of any personal contact information.
  6. Invitations to make direct personal contact are not permitted.
  7. No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps, excessive punctuation and unnecessary bunch of mood icons is allowed.
  8. You may discuss your personal experiences with various services, but you may NOT name them.
  9. The language of this board is English, and any posts not in English are liable to be deleted without notice.
  10. No invitations for financial/business partners are permitted (for any reason).
  11. Attempts to solicit financial partners to circumvent immigration law will not be tolerated
  12. Posts will not be deleted from the forum
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 pm
jgnaidu wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 pm
bhagsred wrote:
bcilr18 wrote:
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules. Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum.

announcements/terms-conditions-t3.html
Basic Rules for Members (and all other users):
  1. No negative comments about someone's nationality, race or religion.
  2. No advertising of commercial web-sites.
  3. There can be no 'discussion' or 'advice' regarding how to engage in illegal activities (such as but not limited to: how to illegally acquire copyrighted material, work permits, visas, passports or other documents), and no links to websites providing such information.
  4. No use of rude or inappropriate language. One must always treat fellow posters with respect.
  5. For your own safety, there should be no public posting of any personal contact information.
  6. Invitations to make direct personal contact are not permitted.
  7. No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps, excessive punctuation and unnecessary bunch of mood icons is allowed.
  8. You may discuss your personal experiences with various services, but you may NOT name them.
  9. The language of this board is English, and any posts not in English are liable to be deleted without notice.
  10. No invitations for financial/business partners are permitted (for any reason).
  11. Attempts to solicit financial partners to circumvent immigration law will not be tolerated
  12. Posts will not be deleted from the forum
Hi CR001,

I am sorry the inconvenience. Thank you, Jgnaidu.

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:33 am
shaiderrn wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:53 pm
When did u apply for ILR ? and whats ur application timeline like ?
17.5.18 prem appt
29.6.18 compliance visit
16.7.18 positive feedback received
Hi Bclir18,

Have you got your ILR approval.

Thanks, Jgnaidu.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 am

jgnaidu wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 pm
bcilr18 wrote:
shaiderrn wrote:
17.5.18 prem appt
29.6.18 compliance visit
Hi Bclir18,

Thanks, Jgnaidu.
Yes I did. See my most recent posts for all the events that took place in my case.

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:42 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 am
jgnaidu wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 pm
bcilr18 wrote:
shaiderrn wrote:
17.5.18 prem appt
29.6.18 compliance visit
Hi Bclir18,

Thanks, Jgnaidu.
Yes I did. See my most recent posts for all the events that took place in my case.
@bclir18
Congratulations

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:51 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:15 am
What a day to remember - 9/11

Got the package from UKVI special delivery. Was very nervous to open. Gained courage and opened. Checked for my passports etc all intact and then the letter. The letter stating that my ILR is approved :) and that the card will be sent within 10 days.

Can't thank enough the moderators and members for sharing your knowledge and suggestions. Thank you all once again.

I wish all a good luck and pray that all pending applications get approved sooner or later. Just be patient and keep an eye out for information on this amazing website.
@Bclir18, may I know what did they check during compliance visit with your employer, they check only your records or whole company audit. Thank you, jgnaidu.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:52 am

jgnaidu wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:51 pm
bcilr18 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:15 am
What a day to remember - 9/11

Got the package from UKVI special delivery. Was very nervous to open. Gained courage and opened. Checked for my passports etc all intact and then the letter. The letter stating that my ILR is approved :) and that the card will be sent within 10 days.

Can't thank enough the moderators and members for sharing your knowledge and suggestions. Thank you all once again.

I wish all a good luck and pray that all pending applications get approved sooner or later. Just be patient and keep an eye out for information on this amazing website.
@Bclir18, may I know what did they check during compliance visit with your employer, they check only your records or whole company audit. Thank you, jgnaidu.
If your company has never been audited in the past then expect a visit. Either ways they will still check everything about you and your company during the visit. Based on the compliance officer's feedback to the caseworker, your application will be judged.