ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marcnath

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:04 pm

gbpmatrix wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:46 pm
Dear All,
I started to fill online appli form set LR for mu wife. It is asking 2years address proof. I am gathering old letters but couldnt find many. Is there any other way for this?
Also once I fill online appli form and book appt for same say/premium 24 hrs, will i be able to upload any missing documents like cover letter from soli, bank statement...etc after the payment is done?

Awaiting your reply suggestion, experiences, advise.

Many thanks in advance.
No, you need to show cohabitation proof for a two year period. Go back to a bank or utility company and try to get some older bills (it is not any letter).
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 am

marcnath wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:04 pm
gbpmatrix wrote:
Dear All,
I started to fill online appli form set LR for mu wife. It is asking 2years address proof. I am gathering old letters but couldnt find many. Is there any other way for this?
Also once I fill online appli form and book appt for same say/premium 24 hrs, will i be able to upload any missing documents like cover letter from soli, bank statement...etc after the payment is done?

Many thanks in advance.
No, you need to show cohabitation proof for a two year period. Go back to a bank or utility company and try to get some older bills (it is not any letter).
Dear Marcnath,
Thank you for your reply. Even I thought same thing. After completing the form in mandatory documents it states....

"Evidence you have to prove the relationship
with Mr ............ (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly,
or in both of your names, or addressed
individually to you at the same address, to cover
the last two years"

Now that I have no choice but to show 2 yrs add proof.Any suggestions pls .
Also do i need to upload all the pages of passport?

Thank you in advance.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:17 pm

gbpmatrix wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 am
marcnath wrote:
gbpmatrix wrote:
Dear All,

Many thanks in advance.
Dear Marcnath,
Thank you for your reply. Even I thought same thing. After completing the form in mandatory documents it states....

with Mr ............ (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly,
the last two years"

Thank you in advance.
I already made the suggestion. Go back to the bank/utility company/council or wherever your partner had an account at and ask them to send you some old copies again. Most services use paperless systems and would have statements online even easily going back two years. So it is surprising you are having trouble with that. You don't need a lot - just one or two for every three months, for example.

Yes, all pages of the passport
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:01 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:17 pm
gbpmatrix wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 am
marcnath wrote:
gbpmatrix wrote:
Dear All,

Many thanks in advance.
Dear Marcnath,

the last two years"

Thank you in advance.
I already made the suggestion. Go back to the bank/utility company/council or wherever your partner had an account at and ask them to send you some old copies again. Most services use paperless systems and would have statements online even easily going back two years. So it is surprising you are having trouble with that. You don't need a lot - just one or two for every three months, for example.

Yes, all pages of the passport
Thank you once again marcnath,

I downloaded the online bank statements for last two years, but on all of those it shows my current address. I will go to my GP and request a letter to show where was our addresz registered in last two years?

One more thing, as I am planning to upload docs myself, do i need to hand over paper copies of cover letter at sopra? Do they take any haerd copies at alll?
I am thinkingg to attach a small cover letter explaining immig history and also about refusal which was then applied into another category within 14 days just to avoid them thinking there was any overtsay..

Kind Regards,

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:35 pm

gbpmatrix wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:01 pm

I downloaded the online bank statements for last two years, but on all of those it shows my current address. I will go to my GP and request a letter to show where was our addresz registered in last two years?

One more thing, as I am planning to upload docs myself, do i need to hand over paper copies of cover letter at sopra? Do they take any haerd copies at alll?
I am thinkingg to attach a small cover letter explaining immig history and also about refusal which was then applied into another category within 14 days just to avoid them thinking there was any overtsay..

Kind Regards,
The important thing is that both of you have the same address - it shouldn't matter which address it is. It is a cohabitation proof - not an address verification proof.

The whole Sopra thing is new, so once you do it, it will be good for you to share your experience. But I am sure they will tell you what is needed in the process of online submission.

orlince
Newly Registered

Post by orlince » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi guys i need some advice regarding my wife current application, i am British citizen and her immigration detail’s are as follows

PBS Dependent 2008 ( first entry in UK 28 July 2008)

FLR(M) 2015

FLR(M) 2017

SET(LR) 2018
Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application

Application sent: 30 JULY 2018
Application Received: 31 JULY 2018
Payment deducted: 3 AUGUST 2018
Acknowledgement letter received : 16 AUGUST 2018 (email)
BRP letter received : 15 AUGUST 2018
BRP done : 20 AUGUST 2018
ILR received: ?

so far i receive 3 email says recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months.

When i did my application it’s take 2 month all together but for my wife one takes bit longer , do i need to be worried about anything?

if any one can pleas update their current time frame experience will be very great full.

Regard’s

DysonCat
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by DysonCat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:40 pm

brrip wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:43 pm
DysonCat wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:47 pm
I just attended my appointment today. Essentially they just take your biometrics/picture and scan your passport. There is no longer any decision making on the day unlike the old PSC system - if you opt for super priority service then you're meant to get a decision the next working day. I have, however come across another user on this forum who were told a decision was made 3 days later instead (Despite opting for next day service).
what about checking your days out of the country etc?

i ask because about half my trips are back home, and they don't stamp passports on the other end.
I just printed out the flight confirmation emails in addition to a summary page for all the trips I’ve made outside UK. That’s the best you could do. I still haven’t heard anything about my application so don’t take my word too seriously just yet.

akash76
Newly Registered

Post by akash76 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:19 am

Applied for ILR Route: SET LR, Main applicant only, :arrow:
Date application sent: 01/09/2018
Document received by HO: 04/09/2018
Payment Debited: 06/09/2018
Ack letter by Email: 26/09/2018
Biometric Letter received: 01/10/2018
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 01/10/2018
Approval Letter Received: Not yet received
BRP Card Received: Not yet received

It was incredibly stressful but my advice to you is,
just trust in God and never lose hope!

Alisher715
Pakistan

Post by Alisher715 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:57 am

Applied for ILR Route: SET LR, Main applicant only, 
Date application sent: 03/08/2018
Document received by HO: 04/08/2018
Payment Debited: 06/08/2018
Ack letter by Email: 24/08/2018
Biometric Letter received: 06/09/2018
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/2018

samali
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by samali » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:03 am

Good News Just Got My ILR (Set LR)
This forum was very helpful and guided me through and Wana be part of it and help people through.

So my Story.

Applied Online: 08/08/2018
Email Acknowledgement: 08/08/2018
Biometrics : 10/08/2018
Documents Posted: 10/08/2018
First Email to Confirm Application still Under consideration: 09/09/2018
Second Email: 08/10/2018
Third Email: 10/11/2018
Decision Letter: Not Received Yet will update once received
Documents: Not Received Yet
BRP Received: 28/11/2018 (Valid From: 11/18 To: 12/2024)

As soon as I receive decision letter & Documents I ll update those dates as well
Once again I would like to Thanks every one on this forum for your guidance.

I will be active and will be more than happy to help other members.
Thanks

Moashi
Pakistan

Post by Moashi » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:44 am

Applied for ILR Route: SET LR, Main applicantand wife Flrfp (variation tier 1 general )
Date application sent: 22/08/2018
Document received by HO: 23/08/2018
Payment Debited: 26/08/2018
Ack letter by Email: 01/09/2018
Biometric Letter received: 24/09/2018
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 25/09/2018

03/11/2018
Wife dependant flrfp received letter from Home office asking regarding my baby any letter from GP or school confirming he reside with us and baby passports .we want your application decision promptly.

We send the GP letter and covering letter we don't have any passport.

Any idea how long it will take more time.

samali
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by samali » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 am

Moashi, Current Home Office time frame for ILR Decisions are 6 month, if they feel there is a delay they will write you.

Thanks

DysonCat
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by DysonCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:38 am

I have just received my BRP for ILR today

Here’s the timeline of my application via the new Sopra centre. Hope it will help others who are applying through the new system.

18th Nov: booked myself a slot at Sopra Centre for the 20th Nov (super priority)

20th Nov: attended appointment at Sopra centre. It was a highly chaotic experience as it was the first day for the staff at the centre. Scanner broke down and I ended up scanning documents myself with my phone app. Others had to go blocks away to find a computer and scanner to do theirs. I was also disappointed to find out that the Sopra centre acts purely as a biometric collection point (and scannng facility provides their scanner is working). There are no caseworkers at the centre. The application form for ILR does not actually specify what sort of supporting documents are required, it seems to be down to individuals’ discretion. This made me anxious as well as I wasn’t sure if I have included everything.

28th Nov: having not heard from the home office for over 5 working days (despite choosing a super priority service that promises a next day decision) I rang up UKVI and I got an email later that day saying they have sent a parcel to me the day before.

29th Nov: my BRP has arrived today

Contrary to another user’s experience: I did not receive an email beforehand saying that a decision has been made.

Overall the experience was sluggish and did not feel well rehearsed, though I do appreciate teething issues are common when a new system is introduced. That said I’m well pleased that I have now got my ILR after just 9 days considering I struggled for two months to even book a PSC slot! The new system does open up a lot more slots with a slight compromise on processing speed.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:53 am

DysonCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:38 am

Here’s the timeline of my application via the new Sopra centre. Hope it will help others who are applying through the new system.

18th Nov: booked myself a slot at Sopra Centre for the 20th Nov (super priority)

20th Nov: attended appointment at Sopra centre. It was a highly chaotic experience as it was the first day for the staff at the centre. Scanner broke down and I ended up scanning documents myself with my phone app. Others had to go blocks away to find a computer and scanner to do theirs. I was also disappointed to find out that the Sopra centre acts purely as a biometric collection point (and scannng facility provides their scanner is working). There are no caseworkers at the centre. The application form for ILR does not actually specify what sort of supporting documents are required, it seems to be down to individuals’ discretion. This made me anxious as well as I wasn’t sure if I have included everything.

28th Nov: having not heard from the home office for over 5 working days (despite choosing a super priority service that promises a next day decision) I rang up UKVI and I got an email later that day saying they have sent a parcel to me the day before.

Contrary to another user’s experience: I did not receive an email beforehand saying that a decision has been made.

Overall the experience was sluggish and did not feel well rehearsed, though I do appreciate teething issues are common when a new system is introduced. That said I’m well pleased that I have now got my ILR after just 9 days considering I struggled for two months to even book a PSC slot! The new system does open up a lot more slots with a slight compromise on processing speed.
Congrats @ DysonCat ,

Which sopra centre do u go to? Also what were the mandatory docs listed on your application.

Congrats again.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:31 am

marcnath wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:35 pm
gbpmatrix wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Kind Regards,
The important thing is that both of you have the same address - it shouldn't matter which address it is. It is a cohabitation proof - not an address verification proof.

The whole Sopra thing is new, so once you do it, it will be good for you to share your experience. But I am sure they will tell you what is needed in the process of online submission.

Dear marcnath,

Do you think the letter from GP stating all our ( My wife's, mine, and children's) details with all the address registered with them will be sufficient?

Kind Regards,

DysonCat
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by DysonCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:39 am

gbpmatrix wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:53 am
DysonCat wrote:

Congrats @ DysonCat ,

Which sopra centre do u go to? Also what were the mandatory docs listed on your application.

Congrats again.
Thank you. It was in the North West. The staff were absolutely lovely but it’s just the unfamiliarity with the new system and unforeseen scanner break down that made it an anxious experience.

On my application there was NO mandatory document requirement. The supporting documents part asked for all previous passports/travel documents one has used to travel or remain in the UK with regards to proof of travel

18ILR
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by 18ILR » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:50 pm

[size=150]Guys I would like to share my and my Business partners stories, its bit long though but would be benefited who has got similar circumstance.
[/size]
We have made Tier-1 Entrepreneur application(50000 GBP 2 partners) on May 2013 from Tier-1 PSW, Our application was refused on May 2015, We appealed against the decision and went to First tier tribunal hearing on January 2016, Judge allowed our appeal, then HO applied against decision to Upper tribunal and we went to hearing on July 2016, Judge directed to HO for reconsideration and HO refused our application again on December 2016, We appealed again and went to first tier tribunal on January 2018 and Judge criticised to HO respondent and adjourned and given them 8 weeks time to reconsider our application otherwise there will be another hearing,HO did not reconsider our application within 8 weeks and we got another hearing date on July 2018.

By that time April 2018 my entrepreneur business partner completed 10 years lawful resident in UK without 3c breakdown,And booked PSC Birmingham for SET(LR) on 4th week of April 2018, Day before his appointment to PSC, he has been request to withdraw the appeal(The day was his exact 10 years 1 day residency in the UK) to first tier tribunal, He went to PSC Birmingham 4th week of April 2018 and submitted his application successfully and case worker said all perfect, Caseworker has been sent request to entrepreneur team to get back his old passport and told him it could take 2 weeks to arrive and after received the passport case worker will issue his BRP. Since then two months no outcomes at all, Afterwards He sent a letter to local MP to help him on that regards, Finally end of July 2018, he has been received his SET(LR) BRP Card(it took 3 months 4days).

Mid May 2018 I have completed my 10 years lawful resident in the UK, Also I have booked a PSC appointment on Sheffield, day before my appointment I have requested to withdraw my appeal ( The day was his exact 10 years 1 day residency in the UK) to first tier tribunal, the day I went to Sheffield psc after security check submitted the application and given me token(my number was 2) for biometric enrolment, I was waiting for about 30 minutes, still they have not started the biometric enrolment. And all of sudden case worker called me and came with a letter and told me, She can't accept my application said that it is complex(cause my old passport was somewhere else in the HO) so that She can't make the decision same day which I have paid for, i said to her please take my application and make decision later when you get back my old passport, she said to me , she has been spoken to her manager and manager said can't accept, therefore advised me to make postal application(i was aware about the issue before by my solicitor told me, that since Feb 2018, PSC not taking application who's case is complex or previous application on appeal and passport somewhere else in the HO, on that case my entrepreneur partner was lucky to submitted application on same day service. Then I have made SET(LR) postal application on 3rd week of May 2018, Money deducted 2 days after HO received the application. 1st week of June 2018 received the acknowledgement email that HO received my application and it may take up to 6 months to make decisions. And after 2 days later I have received biomectric enrolment letter and enrolled next day. After 1 month of my PSC appointment date received the full refund of applications fees(including booking fees). Then 1st week of July our entrepreneur appeal has been withdrawn and next day received a letter from SET(LR) case worker that my application raises exceptionally complex and can not make decision with in 6 months and it take more time.I think the reason case worker sent me that letter cause case worker opened my file and saw my appeal was not withdrawn then issued that letter or might be in general letter like some guys received.Since the letter from caseworker I did not received any acknowledgement email, then 2nd week of July 2018 my solicitor sent a letter to Caseworker said I had completed lawful 10 years and my 3c was not breakdown along with appeal withdrawal letter. Then mid July I sent an email to SET(LR) postal to premium upgrade team and they replied to me, I'm not eligible for upgrade and advised me to contact the team currently dealing my application. Though consecutive 2 weeks I have sent emails to them for upgrade but no respond at all. Finally 3rd week of November 6 months exceeded since I have made postal SET(LR) application then I called to HO (the lady answered my call did not ask my details) after 6 months 2 days and The lady said 6 months was in during the weekend and told me to wait until Thursday, And finally after 6 months 4 days later I have received BRP card for SET(LR) along with approval letter.Thanks :)

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:06 pm

DysonCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:39 am
gbpmatrix wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:53 am
DysonCat wrote:

Congrats @ DysonCat ,

Congrats again.
Thank you. It was in the North West. The staff were absolutely lovely but it’s just the unfamiliarity with the new system and unforeseen scanner break down that made it an anxious experience.

On my application there was NO mandatory document requirement. The supporting documents part asked for all previous passports/travel documents one has used to travel or remain in the UK with regards to proof of travel
Hello DysonCat,

Thank you for your reply. We are going for premium appt next week. I got to upload lots of documents like passports, visa, address proof (lots), Birth certificate, passport of family members, life in UK, Degree certificate etc,... But cant find relevant category in sopra website to upload. Can I upload in "OTHER DOCUMENTS" section?
And alos can I upload zip file?

Dear Other members, moderators, CROO1, Zimba, ..... Cna you also suggest some thing. As I notice very few response these days.

Regards,

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:27 pm

DysonCat wrote:

could I check, what documents did you provide?

Did you have proof for every single trip out of the country in the last ten years?

I've got my appointment tomorrow, so just want it to go as fuss free as possible.

Thanks in advance.

shaw4404
Newly Registered

Post by shaw4404 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:16 pm

hello all dear fellow members I need a little guidance and will really appreciate if any one can help me please I am about to send my online set(LR) application for my self and my wife

my question is that do we need to fill separately the online forms and if yes then how can we go to the new service centres together and the list of documents states that you need to provide your partners passport and marriage certificate that must be original also our kids passports and brps how we both can provide these documents at the same time ?

the other question is at the end of the form do you want to give any other reason for stayimg in the uk?
what should be the answer please
the third question is we have all our previous passports with all stamps sice we came to UK SO apart from the mandatory documents listed on the form what other documents should be included ?
thanks a lot please if any one can answer

akash76
Newly Registered

Post by akash76 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Date application sent: 01/09/2018
Document received by HO: 04/09/2018
Payment Debited: 06/09/2018
Ack letter by Post/Email: None
Biometric Letter received: 01/10/2018
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 01/10/2018
Consideration Email by HO: None
Documents received by HO: Not yet Received

Any :arrow: idea how long it will take more time.

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi, my timeline is
Date application sent by post office: 22 Oct 2018
Received by home office: 23 October 2018
Payment debited: 25 October 2019
Acknowledgement received by email: 08 November 2018
Biometric letter received: 16 Nov 2018
Biometric enrolled: 16 Nov 2018

Still waiting.. I think they might take another 6 weeks or so...

Scorpio1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by Scorpio1986 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:49 am

Did you try to switch to the premium?
I made ilr postal application on 4oct and gave biometrics on 2nov.
You are 1month ahead of me.
Please keep posting your status I’d you hear any fr home office .

Gammi475
Newly Registered

Post by Gammi475 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 am

I made my postal application on 3rd of August and still waiting

Scorpio1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by Scorpio1986 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:56 am

Gammi475: did you try to switch it to the premium?