ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oldmankensey

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by oldmankensey » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Rockefeller wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:15 am

Firstly, like many people I got confused and became over excited after the new system launched (having failed to secure premium appointment) and submitted my application rather prematurely. My 28 days qualifying for ILR started on 21.11.18 but I submitted my application on 05.11.2018 obviously in order to get an appointment on 21.11.18 but it soon became apparent that the date of submission was the date of the online application after I received an email confirming submission of my application. There was a possibility that my application could be refused as at that stage, I was not qualified for ILR. I read so many posts about people in similar positions as me. In the end I completed an online form and withdrew that application on 15.11.18. I also wrote to the UKVI on 21.11.2018 asking for the refund. I am happy to inform you that I received a letter yesterday dated 23.11.18 from the UKVI confirming that a refund will be paid to me shortly.
which address did you write to for this refund request?

daisyuk
Newly Registered
China

Post by daisyuk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi all, I thought I'd share my experience and what I know to date:

Nov 28th I attended my Super Priority appointment at 7:30am at London premium lounge (Mark lane). It was for Tier2 General Visa. I arrived early around 7:05 and was seen at 7:28am; left the lounge by 7:50am.

Today I called the 0300 123 2241 to enquire about the status since 24 hrs have passed. What I was told was:
- the 24 hr is not 24 natural hour window, should be 24 working hr. This means that if my application was made on 7:30am on 11/28, a decision should be made by morning of 11/30
- after a decision is made, I'll be notified of the result in 5 working days
- the way I'll be notified depends on the centre, it could be email, or second class mail
- if i don't hear anything by 12/07, I should call back again

So I guess, allow up to 2 working days after your appt for a decision to be made, and hopefully the case worker/centre chooses email rather than 2nd class mail to notify result so we all know as soon as possible!

Hope this helps and hope I'll hear from HO very soon!

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Thank you Daisy but their explanation re 24 hour turnaround time is ridiculous! They could have said they did not promise but aim to make decision within 24 hours!
daisyuk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Nov 28th I attended my Super Priority appointment at 7:30am at London premium lounge (Mark lane). It was for Tier2 General Visa. I arrived early around 7:05 and was seen at 7:28am; left the lounge by 7:50am.

Today I called the 0300 123 2241 to enquire about the status since 24 hrs have passed. What I was told was:
- the 24 hr is not 24 natural hour window, should be 24 working hr. This means that if my application was made on 7:30am on 11/28, a decision should be made by morning of 11/30
- the way I'll be notified depends on the centre, it could be email, or second class mail

So I guess, allow up to 2 working days after your appt for a decision to be made, and hopefully the case worker/centre chooses email rather than 2nd class mail to notify result so we all know as soon as possible!

mail9

Post by mail9 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:38 pm

I have called them again this time option 3 and 1 which is the line to call if we dont hear from them within the stipulated time for any application. Again they were not ready to take my details or give any update about my application. They didn't even apologize for inconvenience . They just said i have to wait to hear from the home office in a rude tone. there is no place to complain or no place to get any reassurance after paying the 24 hour fee for 3 people. if i tried to ask more , like the time frame etc. he snapped back saying as i told you you have to wait to hear from them. this is not what you expect after you pay nearly 10000 pounds. they could be nicer over the phone or give us more details or atleast just be kind over the phone

daisyuk
Newly Registered
China

Post by daisyuk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:54 pm

I know, I've always been a bit unsure about the 24 hour window. I should add the following details:

When I was at the London Premium Lounge (Mark Lane), the staff told me that all the applications they process that day will be sent to the HO at 10pm that evening.

After hearing that I kind of lowered my expectation to get a notification in 24 hours. My appt was at 7:30am, if the application didn't get to HO until 10pm the same day, I don't expect a case worker to be working extra late or early during the 10pm-7am window to give me an update.

I guess a positive thing from the new system is that you can get an appointment a lot faster. I remember when I booked my last Tier 2 visa appointment, there was no availability in London for the next 2-3 weeks. I guess now, since we can get an appointment faster, even counting in delayed in response, overall the timeframe has been shortened.

I do miss being able to get the result during my appointment, that was so much more reassuring. I hope this is only an initial teeching problem and soon they'll be able to optimise the new process.

Good luck everyone!

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm
Thank you Daisy but their explanation re 24 hour turnaround time is ridiculous! They could have said they did not promise but aim to make decision within 24 hours!
daisyuk wrote:

Rockefeller
Mood:

Post by Rockefeller » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi
date on BRP is 28.11.18. I am yet to receive the approval letter.
I can't remember the option number but it was the one about application made in the UK and it's outside the standard processing time.

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 am
Congratulations! Can you let us know when was the date of decision? Can you let us know also the options that you choose when you call UKVI? Is that 3 and then 2?
Rockefeller wrote:
Hello everyone,

I would like to post my experiences in the last few weeks when applying for SET LR. Perhaps someone can learn one or two thing from my ordeal.

Firstly, like many people I got confused and became over excited after the new system launched (having failed to secure premium appointment) and submitted my application rather prematurely. My 28 days qualifying for ILR started on 21.11.18 but I submitted my application on 05.11.2018 obviously in order to get an appointment on 21.11.18 but it soon became apparent that the date of submission was the date of the online application after I received an email confirming submission of my application. There was a possibility that my application could be refused as at that stage, I was not qualified for ILR. I read so many posts about people in simillar positions as me. In the end I completed an online form and withdew that application on 15.11.18. I also wrote to the UKVI on 21.11.2018 asking for the refund. I am happy to inform you that I received a letter yesterday dated 23.11.18 from the UKVI confiming that a refund will be paid to me shortly.

Secondly, I submiited a second application first thing on 21.11.18 and managed to arrange a free appointment at UKVCAS Sopra Stera offices in Croydon on 26.11.2018. My experience there was very smooth and I spent less than 30 minutes perhaps because I had uploaded all my documents. I only completed biometrics and the lady checked my uploaded documents, scanned few pages of my current passport and that was it. I was rather bemused as I was expecting her to check the original documents against what I had uploaded. I actually insisted that she checked if all my uploaded documents were to the standard required and she did.

I had taught that I would receive a confirmation that I attended appointment or email from the UKVI but I received nothing. I was really stressed about not knowing the outcome. I contacted the UKVI on their 0300 123 2241 telephone number after 24 hours (27.11.18). A lady took my details and promised someone would contact me soon. To be honest I did not expect any callback. However, on 29.11.18 someone called back from UKVI apologising they are struggling to meet the 24 hours target due to early teething problems but assured me that a decision would be reached soon. This offered me little or no succour as I was now more stressed that something could be wrong.

Finally, I received a DX email today confirming that my BRP will be delivered. I cancelled work and waited for my BRP. I am glad to announce that my BRP has been delivered to me. This is now the end of the traumatic journey to permanent residency after so many years in this country.

For everyone waiting, I wish you strength. The experience was excruciating and i think the Home Office should do better especially with huge fees that we are paying to them.

Rockefeller
Mood:

Post by Rockefeller » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Rockefeller wrote:

Firstly, like many people I got confused and became over excited after the new system launched (having failed to secure premium appointment) and submitted my application rather prematurely. My 28 days qualifying for ILR started on 21.11.18 but I submitted my application on 05.11.2018 obviously in order to get an appointment on 21.11.18 but it soon became apparent that the date of submission was the date of the online application after I received an email confirming submission of my application. There was a possibility that my application could be refused as at that stage, I was not qualified for ILR. I read so many posts about people in similar positions as me. In the end I completed an online form and withdrew that application on 15.11.18. I also wrote to the UKVI on 21.11.2018 asking for the refund. I am happy to inform you that I received a letter yesterday dated 23.11.18 from the UKVI confirming that a refund will be paid to me shortly.
which address did you write to for this refund request?
The address I wrote and which was also on the response from HO is:
The Charging Team
UKVI
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Best of luck

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Rockefeller wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:17 pm
Hi
date on BRP is 28.11.18. I am yet to receive the approval letter.
I can't remember the option number but it was the one about application made in the UK and it's outside the standard processing time.

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 am
Congratulations! Can you let us know when was the date of decision? Can you let us know also the options that you choose when you call UKVI? Is that 3 and then 2?
Rockefeller wrote:
Hello everyone,

I would like to post my experiences in the last few weeks when applying for SET LR. Perhaps someone can learn one or two thing from my ordeal.

Firstly, like many people I got confused and became over excited after the new system launched (having failed to secure premium appointment) and submitted my application rather prematurely. My 28 days qualifying for ILR started on 21.11.18 but I submitted my application on 05.11.2018 obviously in order to get an appointment on 21.11.18 but it soon became apparent that the date of submission was the date of the online application after I received an email confirming submission of my application. There was a possibility that my application could be refused as at that stage, I was not qualified for ILR. I read so many posts about people in simillar positions as me. In the end I completed an online form and withdew that application on 15.11.18. I also wrote to the UKVI on 21.11.2018 asking for the refund. I am happy to inform you that I received a letter yesterday dated 23.11.18 from the UKVI confiming that a refund will be paid to me shortly.

Secondly, I submiited a second application first thing on 21.11.18 and managed to arrange a free appointment at UKVCAS Sopra Stera offices in Croydon on 26.11.2018. My experience there was very smooth and I spent less than 30 minutes perhaps because I had uploaded all my documents. I only completed biometrics and the lady checked my uploaded documents, scanned few pages of my current passport and that was it. I was rather bemused as I was expecting her to check the original documents against what I had uploaded. I actually insisted that she checked if all my uploaded documents were to the standard required and she did.

I had taught that I would receive a confirmation that I attended appointment or email from the UKVI but I received nothing. I was really stressed about not knowing the outcome. I contacted the UKVI on their 0300 123 2241 telephone number after 24 hours (27.11.18). A lady took my details and promised someone would contact me soon. To be honest I did not expect any callback. However, on 29.11.18 someone called back from UKVI apologising they are struggling to meet the 24 hours target due to early teething problems but assured me that a decision would be reached soon. This offered me little or no succour as I was now more stressed that something could be wrong.

Finally, I received a DX email today confirming that my BRP will be delivered. I cancelled work and waited for my BRP. I am glad to announce that my BRP has been delivered to me. This is now the end of the traumatic journey to permanent residency after so many years in this country.

For everyone waiting, I wish you strength. The experience was excruciating and i think the Home Office should do better especially with huge fees that we are paying to them.
i finally got mine as well, dated 27/11

mginn79
Newly Registered

Post by mginn79 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:31 pm

allyf wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:45 pm
mginn79 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:45 pm
allyf wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:07 am
mginn79 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi Rishu,

In response to your questions:

1. The date of submission of the application is when you submit and pay via the website. After that you then have to register on the UKVCAS website to book your appointment (that's the new route).
2. Your wife would need to attend if you were going via the old route. For the new route, she might not be required to go as long as you have uploaded all of your documents prior to the appointment and that they are a good quality scan. I would recommend that she goes with you just in case! Can never be too cautious.
3. You only need to provide photo's of your wife if you were applying through the old route. New process doesn't require photo's, just a scan of your wife's passport.
4. If you are applying via the new route you will be provided with a "family declaration" document during the application process which you will need to print, have your wife sign and date and then scan back in as part of your document uploads via the UKVCAS website.

The new process of applying online (via the new route) is actually straight forward, cuts out the unnecessary questions like the old route included and even provides you with a document checklist after you've submitted the application which will help you when it comes to uploading your documents.

I hope that helps and good luck!
Hi mginn79 thank you for providing these answers as they have really helped me as well! Regarding the family declaration (and printing off page that needs spouse signature) does that come up before the payment and submission part? I’m just wondering if I can do that part ahead of time? I know this is a silly question but can this new online process be filled out via iPad? Obviously I will need to upload docs separately with a scanner which I may have to do in a library.
Many thanks!
Hi allyf,

I'm glad that I've been able to help! As for the family declaration form, this should be available to you to print off during the application process (before you pay). After you have submitted and paid for your application you will still be able to go back in and access the information, checklist and declaration form, you just can't change your answers to your application once it has been submitted. So, yes, you can do this ahead of time! I'm not 100% sure but I don't see why it would be a problem using an iPad as you're using a web browser just like you do on a PC.

You're most welcome! :)
Thank you so much mginn79! I appreciate all the advice you have provided (Considering your visa is done and dusted) bless you for still visiting this site to give input !! And to everyone else still contributing 😊 Xo
You're very welcome! Happy to help :)

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:40 pm

It is wonderful when applicants who have been successful come back onto the forum and can answer questions! Please stay around! With a new system like this, there are so many uncertainties and, because the form is only online now and we cannot see it, we have no idea what to expect.

ripon5102
Newly Registered

Post by ripon5102 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:39 pm

ripon5102 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:36 pm
Maelgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm
ripon5102 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 pm
Congratulations. It seems the quickest case I have seen reported here. Is it under new system?

Yes. New UKVCAS on Super Priority Service
That almost sounds like the ideal
I submitted my Biometrics and Documents on Sat (24th) and haven't had any communication whatsoever (i also paid for priority), which has left me feeling a little more anxious.

Will you let us know when you receive your letter confirming approval?

Cheers!
Yes No problem can do. Thanks

BRP arrived today, but they delivered it without signature, not sure if it was DX delivery as usual. Approval letter came as well but did net get deliverred due to being too large. Thanks

thakur786
Newly Registered
India

Post by thakur786 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 am

Hi All,
I am applying for SET (0) under PBS Dependent for my Mrs, do I need to submit cohabitation proofs (Energy, Water and Council Tax Bills) for the last 5 years?

Also, I got the bills from the beginning of 5 years period but some bills in between are missing, will that be ok? or do I need the complete continuation of the gas/electric bills for the last 5 years?

Thanks,
thakur

thakur786
Newly Registered
India

Post by thakur786 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:15 am

Hi All,

I am applying for SET (0) under PBS Dependent for my Mrs, do I need to submit cohabitation proofs (Energy, Water and Council Tax Bills) for the last 5 years?

Also, my Mrs has been issued with BRP when applied for extension of PBS. Her old passport is expired and she got a new passport after last visa was issued on BRP. Do we need to submit her old (expired) passport as well or just need to submit new passport?

Please help asap.

Thanks,
thakur

mail9

Post by mail9 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 pm

I have not received it today either. The customer care wont escalate it unless it is over 5 days.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Try again, option 4 and then 1. I called them many times until I got a gentleman willing to take my details noted down.
mail9 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 pm
I have not received it today either. The customer care wont escalate it unless it is over 5 days.

daisyuk
Newly Registered
China

Post by daisyuk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 pm

My lawyer told me they received the approval letter today! Hope the BRP will be received soon. Good luck everyone!
daisyuk wrote:

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:44 pm

Congratulations daisyuk - it was a quick wait for you! It seems doing via an agent is quicker? I have seen two cases receiving letters within only 2 days.

mail9

Post by mail9 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm

yes i did call again, but they took my details and said they cant help till monday and asked me to call back on monday.

msingh89
Newly Registered

Post by msingh89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:44 pm

very similar thing happen to me as well they noted my details when call them this morning using options 3 2 1 1 and few hours later get this email saying that
Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further.
We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance
its seems normal email send by Contact centre Finally i think we have to wait for Ho to reply.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 am

After the call, I got an email saying that my application is still within standard public time etc. It implies that they had not touched my application. But just few minutes later, a caseworker contacted me about my application. So, obviously calling contact centre does help making things move.

newdimm
Newly Registered

Post by newdimm » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Can someone share please if there is parking near Sopra Stepia office in Birmingham?
Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:33 pm

newdimm wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:50 pm
Can someone share please if there is parking near Sopra Stepia office in Birmingham?
Many thanks!
Google???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pride88
Mood:
India

Post by pride88 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi guys!, I am planning to use the super priority service to apply for my tier 2 visa soon, I would like to know the cost of this visa?, I have been trying to links but have been unsuccessful,
Please help me

Kind regards!!

mail9

Post by mail9 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:35 am

"After the call, I got an email saying that my application is still within standard public time etc. It implies that they had not touched my application. But just few minutes later, a caseworker contacted me about my application. So, obviously calling contact centre does help making things move."

I received 2 emails stating that my application is not processed yet and is still within the standard service etc. i called the centre and they said now since i received the email it may take up to 3 days for the decision and 10 days for the card! after paying for 24 hour service. they have given me an email to complain if i want. they were not particularly kind adn did nto help much at all.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:14 am

I would suggest you to call them back and not mentioning you have got emails. Each time you will meet different person so no worry, just to make sure that they note down your details. They should have responded to you immediately because it is 24 hour service - this is what I was told by one of the gentlemen I talked to on the phone.
mail9 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:35 am
"After the call, I got an email saying that my application is still within standard public time etc. It implies that they had not touched my application. But just few minutes later, a caseworker contacted me about my application. So, obviously calling contact centre does help making things move."

I received 2 emails stating that my application is not processed yet and is still within the standard service etc. i called the centre and they said now since i received the email it may take up to 3 days for the decision and 10 days for the card! after paying for 24 hour service. they have given me an email to complain if i want. they were not particularly kind adn did nto help much at all.