ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

referee forms when applying online for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ancestor
South Africa

Re: referee forms when applying online for British citizenship

Post by Ancestor » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Mum06 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 pm
Thank you for your reply Ancestor. I meant in online application. I have never submitted an online application and not sure how it works. So, do I print the referee forms abd post them or do I attach them to the application. Or, how do I do it?

Many Thanks

Ancestor wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 am
Mum06 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:10 am
Sorry if this is a silly question. Once we have printed the referee forms and have them signed by the referee, do we then post them or attach them to the online application?

Mant Thanks.
Depends how you are applying? If by NDRS/NCS then you take them along to your council appointment and they submit ALL your documents along with your completed referee forms. If POSTAL application, you will submit/post with all other necessary documents.
As I said, if you are doing Online and have an NDRS/NCS appointment, you print them out at Stage 4 of the Online application and can get them signed off, and you would take them with your photo's attached, to the appointment. If you are completing Online to post documents, you would need post the Referee forms is my understanding. I did the NDRS route.

Mum06
Newly Registered

Post by Mum06 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:44 am

Thank you very much

ccapo
Newly Registered

Post by ccapo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi, Does anybody knows if the British Referee must sign same as the signature in the passport? Many thanks

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 pm

ccapo wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:50 pm
Hi, Does anybody knows if the British Referee must sign same as the signature in the passport? Many thanks
How will HO know how the Referee normally signs, as you do not need the Referees passport for the Referee Declaration other than their passport number?

ccapo
Newly Registered

Post by ccapo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:42 am

Well Im sure they can check it in the system, but good point dont think they got the time to check it. Thank you.

tzima
Newly Registered

Post by tzima » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Hello,

I intended to send my application by post, so I got my referees to sign the form for the printed form application.
But I changed my mind, because only now I noticed that I would have to provide the same documents that I used for Life in the UK test (my driving license, which I can not be without!).
So I was filling the online form to use the new service to scan and certify my documents. But the referees forms are different. It was a trouble to find my professional referee. I don't know him well and I don't want to ask him to fill a new form.
Given that the printed form actually had more information than the online one, do you think they would mind if I apply online but don't use the online referee forms?

kevinx99
Newly Registered

Post by kevinx99 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:23 am

bcappnil wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm
Hope this help, here are links for the referee form for online application

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Information you filled in the online form will not be printed on the referee form.
Hi can anyone confirm if these forms are the only ones needed to be signed by the referees? I am still halfway through completing my form online looking to send in the next week but my referee will be going on holiday tomorrow for a month. Can I print these forms and get them signed now (are they the same I will be provided when I submit my application)?

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:40 pm

kevinx99 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:23 am
bcappnil wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm
Hope this help, here are links for the referee form for online application

Information you filled in the online form will not be printed on the referee form.
Hi can anyone confirm if these forms are the only ones needed to be signed by the referees? I am still halfway through completing my form online looking to send in the next week but my referee will be going on holiday tomorrow for a month. Can I print these forms and get them signed now (are they the same I will be provided when I submit my application)?
I applied on the 9/10/2018, approved 9/11/2018 and my Referee Forms were exactly the same as those.

IMO should be fine, I just made sure they were dated within a month of my application date as I wouldn't think HO would be too happy if signed to far in advance.