ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anira
Canada

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Anira » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 am

I applied in October 2017 and my application is at final stage since April 2018. I am wondering who else is on the same boat? I know there is a 2016 topic but didnt want to mix it with 2017 applications and want to have an idea of numbers...

Missstamper
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Missstamper » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi Anira - I also applied in October 2017. Did you receive a 2nd stage letter? I received a letter in April but it didn’t explicitly reference second stage, rather your application is being processed with a view to checking good character etc.

Nothing since...

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi. I applied in April 2017 and it’s in advance stage then final stage since oct but no news yet

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Funnily enough, I received my 2nd stage letter one month after my application. They requested my P60’s and when I sent them I received my second stage letter in November 2017. Every time I ring they say “everything is fine and I should hear from them soon” but this has been going on for a year now. Hopefully we are all included in the next ceremony (which will prob be in May 2019). Let’s keep track of any updates here.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:36 pm

it’s helpful if you could clarify the basis of your application as well

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:17 pm

My basis of application is 5 years residency (EU)

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Spouse of Irish citizen

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:53 pm

5 years residency non-EU

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am

I rang today and was told that my application is finished and just waiting to be sent to Minister for decision...

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am
I rang today and was told that my application is finished and just waiting to be sent to Minister for decision...
fair play for getting through - i tried to call 47 times from my mobile (and another 30+ times from a landline) between 10:14 and 12:15 and no answer. :roll:

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am
Didn't you ask why it is not being sent then? I have been told the exact same thing since August, file is complete,somebody just have to sign it off from here and send for approval. Got annoyed with these responses, I always try to ask why you are not sending it then? Why holding it for months ? and unfortunately when I ask this, then is the time when person on the phone starts speculating and giving iilogical yet plausible answers like;
i) They might be waiting to complete the whole batch and then submit it together
ii) There is a backlog (when further asked this is not valid excuse if someone applied after me gets it approved, then an answer saying it depends on application)
iii) Currently the priority is to print certificates for ceremony, you will be definitely invited to the next ceremony
iv) The last and most funny answer I got is, it depends on the processing team who handles your case, some team might decide to send approval for this ceremony while others for the next one ;)

Obviously all these answers were before November ceremony.
Annoyed that in this modern age and in a developed country, bureaucrates can come up with such kind of answers/performance...

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:32 pm

It’s always a battle to get through them, I put on my earphones and keep pressing “call back” and when they answer I leave my work desk to talk to them haha it’s the only way.

I have always been getting “advanced, final stage” answers but this was the first time they said it’s finished... I try not to ask too much cause from other posts it seems that they don’t actually have a clue of what’s going on but the anxiety doesn’t let me “relax and wait” so I ring every once in a while, to give a little shake on my application lol

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:41 pm

I agree with you, most of time the team answering phone calls simply speculate, I am not sure if it has ever an impact to shake up your application. Becasue people answering phone and processing application are totally different teams.

But at the same time when you are suffering from anxiety and depression due to this uncerstainty, the option is either to talk to Samaritans or call to INIS every once in a while. And if you are lucky to get a f.ake hope after the call at least you spent a week or so happy till the next time you call and hear a totally different story. ;)
Can I ask which processing team is dealing with your applications, I meant the team which sent you second stage letter not the one from emais, mine is processing team 1, perhaps we are being processed by same person who did not finish his/her tasks before the ceremony and now finalizing the applications.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:57 pm

anything to be worried about that i haven't explicitly received a 2nd stage letter? i applied in oct 2017 and the only proactive communication i received from inis was in april 2018 saying:

"Your application is currently being processed in the normal way with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted for decision when processing is complete.

If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application for naturlisation is required we will be in touch with you in the coming weeks."

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:41 pm
I agree with you, most of time the team answering phone calls simply speculate, I am not sure if it has ever an impact to shake up your application. Becasue people answering phone and processing application are totally different teams.

But at the same time when you are suffering from anxiety and depression due to this uncerstainty, the option is either to talk to Samaritans or call to INIS every once in a while. And if you are lucky to get a f.ake hope after the call at least you spent a week or so happy till the next time you call and hear a totally different story. ;)
Can I ask which processing team is dealing with your applications, I meant the team which sent you second stage letter not the one from emais, mine is processing team 1, perhaps we are being processed by same person who did not finish his/her tasks before the ceremony and now finalizing the applications.
Just checked, team 1 too...

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:57 pm
anything to be worried about that i haven't explicitly received a 2nd stage letter? i applied in oct 2017 and the only proactive communication i received from inis was in april 2018 saying:

"Your application is currently being processed in the normal way with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted for decision when processing is complete.

If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application for naturlisation is required we will be in touch with you in the coming weeks."
A friend of mine never got her 2nd letter and was approved in October and attended this weeks ceremony. She applied in May 2017, so took her 1,5 years in total, spouse of Irish citizen.

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am

Missstamper wrote:

That's still first stage. I received the same and only after a few months another letter which clearly stated "second stage".

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 pm

thegoodaulleo wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am
Missstamper wrote:

That's still first stage. I received the same and only after a few months another letter which clearly stated "second stage".
Not necessarily, I received the same response after few months of the second stage letter being issued. No need to worry and don't over think. There is no common sense or clear pattern in these responses.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 pm
thegoodaulleo wrote:
Missstamper wrote:

Not necessarily, I received the same response after few months of the second stage letter being issued. No need to worry and don't over think. There is no common sense or clear pattern in these responses.
Yea - surely they can't be that incompetent that it's still stage 1 after 1 year and 1 month - i'd hope anyway!! i agree there is no common sense here at all, it literally depends on whos desk you fall on i suspect, my case couldn't be any simpler if it tried, yet it's still been a year

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:43 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
thegoodaulleo wrote:
Missstamper wrote:

Yea - surely they can't be that incompetent that it's still stage 1 after 1 year and 1 month - i'd hope anyway!! i agree there is no common sense here at all, it literally depends on whos desk you fall on i suspect, my case couldn't be any simpler if it tried, yet it's still been a year
It is a standard first-stage letter. It checks whether you have the 5 years residency, and whether you really live here. As to why it took a year, I don't know. Mine took 4 months while my friend's only took a week.

The second-stage letter will explicitly say it is "second-stage", and in the letter they tell you that they are going to check with relevant authorities (mainly Garda) to establish whether you are of a good character.

If in doubt, write an email or a letter to them. Maybe your second stage letter got lost in the post. There's no harm doing so anyway.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:07 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 pm
Missstamper wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:43 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
thegoodaulleo wrote:

It is a standard first-stage letter. It checks whether you have the 5 years residency, and whether you really live here. As to why it took a year, I don't know. Mine took 4 months while my friend's only took a week.

The second-stage letter will explicitly say it is "second-stage", and in the letter they tell you that they are going to check with relevant authorities (mainly Garda) to establish whether you are of a good character.

If in doubt, write an email or a letter to them. Maybe your second stage letter got lost in the post. There's no harm doing so anyway.
no sorry you misunderstood, it didnt take a year for that letter, i applied in oct 2017, and that letter arrived in april 18, since april 18 i haven't received anything. lost in post - perhaps, always possible!

I think, even from your example above where yours took 4 months and your friends only a week, we've all come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no rhyme or rhythm to how applications get processed within inis... and i'ts just pot luck!

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi all - anyone receive any updates on their 2017 app?

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:38 pm

I got through last Thursday and she said they were working on it now to take to the Minister.. so hopefully going to hear back soon..

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:35 pm

My wife applied for Irish naturalisation in July 2017 and still no decision on her application.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:47 pm

mufc69 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:35 pm
My wife applied for Irish naturalisation in July 2017 and still no decision on her application.
Hello
did your wife get her second stage letter ?