ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general extension, Sopra, super priority delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Narsh
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 general extension, Sopra, super priority delay

Post by Narsh » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 am

:? Hi, i have applied for a general tier 2 visa extension using a suer priority service through the new Sopra system and in my receipt it says 24 hrs or the home office will contact me but to no avail no one has sent me any email nor phoned me. I have been ringin 03001232241 and i have rang sopra about this but no one can help me. Please help me out as i need to apply for a schengen visa and i think it will be impossible now that my travel will be the 12th of December. I really had a gut feeling while i was in Sopra at bedford point in Croydon that this will happen as the officers are not fully equipped with what to do. Help. Anyone pls.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general extension, Sopra, super priority delay

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:44 am

Sopra is only an agent like vfs, they don't make the decisions or process visas.

The 24 hours is 24 working hours, so roughly 3 days, and not literally 24 hours from time if appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jasmeet
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jasmeet » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Narsh wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 am
:? Hi, i have applied for a general tier 2 visa extension using a suer priority service through the new Sopra system and in my receipt it says 24 hrs or the home office will contact me but to no avail no one has sent me any email nor phoned me. I have been ringin 03001232241 and i have rang sopra about this but no one can help me. Please help me out as i need to apply for a schengen visa and i think it will be impossible now that my travel will be the 12th of December. I really had a gut feeling while i was in Sopra at bedford point in Croydon that this will happen as the officers are not fully equipped with what to do. Help. Anyone pls.
Hi Narsh, I am currently in the same situation, had the appointment on 8th Dec and haven't heard anything back. Just wondering have you heard back yet and if yes, after how many days and does they send decision letter by post?
Many thanks
Jasmeet

moz88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by moz88 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:12 pm

I submitted Super Priority Tier 2 application (for a change of sponsor ) via Sopra Steria at Croydon on December 13th. Unfortunately, I have not received any update for my application.
I have been calling UKVI, and I cannot get any clear answers regarding the state of my application or the cause of the delay.

Anybody with the same problem?

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:02 am

I am about to submit the application, and am feeling very nervous about it now. :(

Jasmeet
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jasmeet » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Its the same with me, I have submitted my application on 6th Dec and attended Biometric appointment at Manchester on 8th Dec. Still waiting as haven't heard anything back. Applied for Tier 2 General (employer change).

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:55 pm

My wife submitted her tier 2 General application under super priority service on 27th Dec at Croydon center. She got decesion letter by post on 29th December. She got her BRP on 2nd Jan. It was super duper speed for her. All the best to everyone.

Why
Newly Registered

Post by Why » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:46 am

Hi everyone ,

I also have submitted My visa biometrics for the super priority on Wednesday 12th December with no response.

I have emailed and called to no avail. It's all very very frustrating not knowing what's going on or why I have not had any contact me.

We all obvioialy paid a lot more money to have the visa processed in a quicker time and they have not provided the service we have paid for.

I did my biometrics in Birmingham ( as London had no appointments) and my calls have only ended in them saying they will reescalate it.

If anyone has any further information on what we can do , or if anyone's super priority does finally get approved please add on to this thread!

navz999
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by navz999 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am

My wife has applied for her tier 2 extension using super priority service as well on the 26th of November at Birmingham Sopra Steria and haven’t heard anything with regards to the status of the visa.

We have escaled twice already by calling them up and sent at least 4 emails to different email addresses they keep giving us on the call but that did not help at all. Oh we did getting one reply from UKBA stating that we are still within the normal 8 weeks of waiting time. Hold on!! We applied via super priority! Clearly that doesn’t mean anything.

Something is going terribly wrong at the ukba as so many of us have been waiting over a month now.

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Wifes1lver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm

I’m in the same boat. Applied in Croydon last Dec 17 via super priority, no response until now. Escalated twice but only an email that I can refund the appointment fee if the delay was their fault. Oh dear waiting time. Mine is TIER 2 To ILR.

aspat31
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aspat31 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 am

I am in the same boat. Applied Super Priority and submitted Biometrics on 23rd Dec, still awaiting any response from them.
Are we not eligible for a refund if they are unable to provide services after taking the ransom :(

Rish10
Newly Registered

Post by Rish10 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Wifes1lver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm
I’m in the same boat. Applied in Croydon last Dec 17 via super priority, no response until now. Escalated twice but only an email that I can refund the appointment fee if the delay was their fault. Oh dear waiting time. Mine is TIER 2 To ILR.
Hi, I am also facing same problem of delay in getting decision( no communication from them at all) . When did you get your thing sorted finally?
Just checking to make my mind to prepare for worse. Please let me know .

neohk

Post by neohk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:04 am

How do you escalate a case? Can you do it by email?

I don't feel like paying £2.5 a minute just to be told to wait a bit more

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Wifes1lver » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Rish10 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm
Wifes1lver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Hi, I am also facing same problem of delay in getting decision( no communication from them at all) . When did you get your thing sorted finally?
Just checking to make my mind to prepare for worse. Please let me know .
No, I am still waiting up to this time. I got tired of chasing them. I even wrote to the MP to which I think the HOME OFFICE sent them the same generated email that they give us. ALL I can do now is just wait. They said they will refund the appointment fee regardless of the result of my application. I am just hoping that my visa got delayed due to the application dates that fell on holiday season. Although the last email that I received from them was stating that I will receive my results in writing, I presume it will be through the post. Are there any updates from yours? |Did you apply in Croydon as well?

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Wifes1lver » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:48 pm

neohk wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:04 am

There is a hotline wherein you can call them. I escalated it all through phone call and by writing to my MP. But to no avail, still awaiting results. I think you have to be persistent in explaining to them your case because they tend to just cut you off if they knew that you called before. I have to emphasize that my application was supposedly super priority. Depends on the call centre agent really. Some of them tend to be grumpy and not really helpful at all.

manish4me
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manish4me » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:41 am

I have also applied for visa extension on 4th January and submitted my biometrics on 18th January at Sopra Steria Birmingham. But till date I have not received communication from them.

manish4me
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manish4me » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:43 am

Wifes1lver wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:48 pm
neohk wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:04 am

There is a hotline wherein you can call them. I escalated it all through phone call and by writing to my MP. But to no avail, still awaiting results. I think you have to be persistent in explaining to them your case because they tend to just cut you off if they knew that you called before. I have to emphasize that my application was supposedly super priority. Depends on the call centre agent really. Some of them tend to be grumpy and not really helpful at all.
Hi Wifes1lver,

Have you received your visa?

Thanks

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Wifes1lver » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:26 am

Nothing up to now.😭

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Wifes1lver » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi guys. Finally had my results today. Just waiting for my BRP now.

GDhankhar
Newly Registered
India

Post by GDhankhar » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Wifes1lver wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:41 pm
Hi guys. Finally had my results today. Just waiting for my BRP now.
Congrates Man 8) !!! .... same situation here , applied on march 23rd 2019 under super priority , no response yet , I asked my employer to chase to UKBA , don't know how long it goona take

GDhankhar
Newly Registered
India

Post by GDhankhar » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:20 am

Finally, I received yesterday 8th April !!!