ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

beloved in Slovak Embassy in Rome

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, Administrator

shamim
Newly Registered

beloved in Slovak Embassy in Rome

Post by shamim » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:23 pm

Hi ! I am from Bangladesh and live in Italy. Recently I have visited Slovak Embassy in Rome to get 2 days Transit visa. But Embassy officials were dearly beloved. They insulted me and told me that I am a muslim so I can not go to Slovakia. So is there any way to get justice for their coments ???

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:40 am

It's regrettable that you had to experience anything like that. There is very little you can do to any embassy staff; they are sort of "extraterrestrials", especially when the actions are conducted on the embassy grounds... Vote with your feet and never go there again - if you can. Keep in mind, though, that on occasion embassy (and other investigating staff) are trained to cause an applicant lose their calm and thus try to get to the bottom of what's on that person's mind. It could also have been that...

gani999

Post by gani999 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:41 am

It is utterly shocking they treated you like that!

As embassy staff, they probably have diplomatic immunity and so you or the Italian Authorities cannot touch them.

Sad , but true.

But why would you want to transit through Slovakia anyway?

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:53 pm

I think most of the Slovaks have still the idiot old mentality and procedures that were applied in the Communist era, which stipulated to see every foreigner as a threat/danger!

i had been offered a job there once, and the company had got the work permit and when I went to the embassy with required docuemnts 2 get visa, they also asked me to bring a tenancy agreement approved by notery in Slovakia!! Believe me, they wanted me to arrange my 1 year accomodation and get it approved by a Slovak lawyer before getting the visa!! How could I do that without visa??? So I just said .... off!