ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

FLR (M)

Post by tabs23 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to book my FLRM extension visa appointment, however premium services website shows no appointments available for next 45 business days. My visa expiry is 14th Jan 19, can someone help/ advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M)

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Keep checking day, night, mid day, midnight you will definitely get one
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi there
We've been trying to do the same for my husband for the last few weeks. Just after 5pm if you log in and at the 'Pay' section it should have updated to allow you to choose the New Service or Existing Service. We clicked new and got an appointment for Monday!

beginner
Newly Registered

Post by beginner » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:57 pm

tabs23 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm
Hi,

I'm trying to book my FLRM extension visa appointment, however premium services website shows no appointments available for next 45 business days. My visa expiry is 14th Jan 19, can someone help/ advice
Unless something has changed in the last week, I believe the Premium Service Centres (and the whole PSC system) is shutting down tomorrow (30th Nov). I think today was the last day.

Otherwise you have to wait for the FLR(M) to move to the new system, via Sopra Steria. If this doesn't happen before mid Jan, I guess you should make arrangements to do a postal application...

beginner
Newly Registered

Post by beginner » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm

cemj wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:51 pm
Hi there
We've been trying to do the same for my husband for the last few weeks. Just after 5pm if you log in and at the 'Pay' section it should have updated to allow you to choose the New Service or Existing Service. We clicked new and got an appointment for Monday!
Oh, that's good news. It sounds like FLR(M) has moved to the new system just in time?

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Yes thank goodness! It seemed to switch at 5pm today!

srimurthy333
Newly Registered

Post by srimurthy333 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Is this at the end of online application submission?

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 pm

Yeah, when you get to the 'Pay' section

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks for the reply, are you saying that FLR(M) has moved to the new system, if yes can you tell me what's the web address please.

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:55 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:37 pm
Keep checking day, night, mid day, midnight you will definitely get one
When I try to do a new application it says premium service centre are now closed, any help would be highly appreciated

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm

tabs23 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:43 pm
Thanks for the reply, are you saying that FLR(M) has moved to the new system, if yes can you tell me what's the web address please.
Yes It has moved. I don't have a direct web address - when I got to the pay section I selected 'Premium service' then 'New service'. From there it took my payment and then redirected me to the Sopra website to register and book my appointment.

CandyLee
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by CandyLee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm

So was applying through the post still an option (old service) to choose? Or do we all have to use the new service now? Thank you... :P

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:24 pm

cemj wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm
tabs23 wrote:
Yes It has moved. I don't have a direct web address - when I got to the pay section I selected 'Premium service' then 'New service'. From there it took my payment and then redirected me to the Sopra website to register and book my appointment.
Strange, it's not giving me that option. I tried to do a fresh FLRM application online even that doesn't take me to the new site. I have already paid IHS few weeks ago now.

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:38 pm

CandyLee wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm
So was applying through the post still an option (old service) to choose? Or do we all have to use the new service now? Thank you... :P
Yeah you could still select Standard and do it via post

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:39 pm

tabs23 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:24 pm
cemj wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm
tabs23 wrote:
Strange, it's not giving me that option. I tried to do a fresh FLRM application online even that doesn't take me to the new site. I have already paid IHS few weeks ago now.
That's weird. We also had paid IHS a few weeks ago so after we added the reference number it took us to that - it basically replaced the Premium Service Centre page

kneehighh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kneehighh » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm

This seems to be my problem...

I have paid the IHS already last week and filled out the paper FLR(M) form. I have been trying to book a premium service center but they all say no appointments for 45 days...

So what do I do now? My visa runs out on 7th Dec so I need to apply before then. Do I need to do my entire application using the online form now? Or is there a way I can do a premium 1 day appointment with the new system with my paper form?

beginner
Newly Registered

Post by beginner » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 pm

kneehighh wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm
So what do I do now? My visa runs out on 7th Dec so I need to apply before then. Do I need to do my entire application using the online form now? Or is there a way I can do a premium 1 day appointment with the new system with my paper form?
The former. There are no more same-day Premium Service Centres. They've been replaced by private, out-sourced centres (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services centres (UKVCAS)) run by Sopra Steria.

I believe you can still use your paper form, but would have to do a postal application (~8 weeks response for simplish cases).

If you want a quick response, the best thing would probably be to do the online form and use the new UKVCAS system. I think you can chose an option that aims to give a response within a few days. You shouldn't have trouble with IHS, as you as you have your number.

kneehighh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kneehighh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:46 am

beginner wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 pm
If you want a quick response, the best thing would probably be to do the online form and use the new UKVCAS system. I think you can chose an option that aims to give a response within a few days. You shouldn't have trouble with IHS, as you as you have your number.
Thanks - looks like I better go with the online form then and try to get the fast track/same day appointment booked.

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 pm

kneehighh wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:46 am
beginner wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 pm
Thanks - looks like I better go with the online form then and try to get the fast track/same day appointment booked.
I just spoke to spoke to adviser on Home Office helpline, he mentioned Premium Services are now closed and UKVCAS don't do FLR(M) applications. These will have to be submitted via post unfortunately

kneehighh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kneehighh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm

tabs23 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 pm
I just spoke to spoke to adviser on Home Office helpline, he mentioned Premium Services are now closed and UKVCAS don't do FLR(M) applications. These will have to be submitted via post unfortunately
What they told you on the phone seems incorrect also according to the website...

I just filled out the entire online form for FLR(M) and got to the 'Pay' screen after inputting my IHS number. It then says do for biometrics do you want to use the new or old system (and lets you know the locations of the new system).I selected the new system, after this it gives you two options (see below)

Select a service from the options below. You will not be able to change this after you have submitted your application. (Required)

Standard service : pay 1052.20 GBP, most people get a decision within 8 weeks after attending their biometrics appointment

Super Priority : pay 1662.20 GBP, most people get a decision on the next working day after attending their biometrics appointment

The amount you pay for each service option includes the 19.20 GBP biometrics enrolment fee for each applicable person on this application.

UK Visas and Immigration will contact you if it will take longer to process your application.

So it seems the premium system is available to us on the new system now? I will try this later today after I double checked my application...

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm

kneehighh wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm
tabs23 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 pm
What they told you on the phone seems incorrect also according to the website...

I just filled out the entire online form for FLR(M) and got to the 'Pay' screen after inputting my IHS number. It then says do for biometrics do you want to use the new or old system (and lets you know the locations of the new system).I selected the new system, after this it gives you two options (see below)

Select a service from the options below. You will not be able to change this after you have submitted your application. (Required)

Standard service : pay 1052.20 GBP, most people get a decision within 8 weeks after attending their biometrics appointment

Super Priority : pay 1662.20 GBP, most people get a decision on the next working day after attending their biometrics appointment

The amount you pay for each service option includes the 19.20 GBP biometrics enrolment fee for each applicable person on this application.

UK Visas and Immigration will contact you if it will take longer to process your application.

So it seems the premium system is available to us on the new system now? I will try this later today after I double checked my application...
My husband had his FLR(M) appointment at a Sopra Steria centre this morning so it's definitely on the new system

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks for this, it seems weird that I'm not getting the option to select the new service at all. Even if i do the new application after keying in my IHS number, it just says no appointments available for next 45 business days. This really is stressful!

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 pm

tabs23 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm
Thanks for this, it seems weird that I'm not getting the option to select the new service at all. Even if i do the new application after keying in my IHS number, it just says no appointments available for next 45 business days. This really is stressful!
That's really strange - I hope you get sorted soon

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Thanks, I tried a new application from the beginning and I seem to be filling the form online via a family route. I assume once I get to the pay section it will ask me to choose a new service, feels better then the previous one

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 am

Quiet a few changes recently. I have chosen the 'Existing system' and it seems the postal address has changed from Durham to Sheffield....