ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation under the new system

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helloemile
Newly Registered
Mood:

naturalisation under the new system

Post by helloemile » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi there,

just wondering if anyone has information how the naturalisation will work under the new system? would you be able to get the same day appointment?

the most important question is, will the process be faster? from the day of application to the passport?

secret.simon

Re: naturalisation under the new system

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:28 pm

helloemile wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:20 pm
would you be able to get the same day appointment?
There is no "same day" appointment for naturalisation, whether under the old or new system.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

helloemile
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by helloemile » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:29 pm

so everything is done by post with the same timeline as before?

helloemile
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by helloemile » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:51 pm

oh I've read there is an online form now. does it mean the timeline might be faster?

or is it slower because you will need to apply for the passport separately?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:00 pm

There has been no announcement on change in processing time for citizenship.

As the new system is only a couple of weeks old and still being rolled out, it is impossible for anyone on the forum to state if there will be a difference.

Remember that citizenship is not an immigration application. Citizenship is governed by Nationality Laws and has more checks etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helloemile
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by helloemile » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:00 pm

As the new system is only a couple of weeks old and still being rolled out, it is impossible for anyone on the forum to state if there will be a difference.

Remember that citizenship is not an immigration application. Citizenship is governed by Nationality Laws and has more checks etc.
Thank you for the reply, this is all just so confusing. It says that NCS will stop on 31st December, does it mean only appointments by post will be available? Does it mean they will hold the documents and I won't be able to travel?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:18 pm

helloemile wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:09 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Thank you for the reply, this is all just so confusing. It says that NCS will stop on 31st December, does it mean only appointments by post will be available? Does it mean they will hold the documents and I won't be able to travel?
NCS is for paper form applications and also no lo ger do JCAP. It is NDRS that does JCAP which has also stopped.

You apply using the new service.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/new-uk-visa- ... 67058.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.