ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA Issues

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kentlondoner
Newly Registered

ESTA Issues

Post by kentlondoner » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi All,

I am travelling with the family to the US over the holidays. We are ALL dual citizens between US and UK.

My son had to send his passport in to the government this week for schooling purposes as proof of birth but we forgot to think about our trip.

We thought he can travel on his UK passport, but did not think about him having to have an ESTA as he never does usually being a citizen. Now we are applying as he will be travelling as a British passport holder but when applying for the ESTA it asks about citizenship and docs.

We cannot ill in any docs as his passport is out of our hands and they will not tell us his passport number over the phone.

Anyone have any advise as to what to do please?

thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: ESTA Issues

Post by max307 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm

kentlondoner wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:06 pm
Hi All,

I am travelling with the family to the US over the holidays. We are ALL dual citizens between US and UK.

My son had to send his passport in to the government this week for schooling purposes as proof of birth but we forgot to think about our trip.

We thought he can travel on his UK passport, but did not think about him having to have an ESTA as he never does usually being a citizen. Now we are applying as he will be travelling as a British passport holder but when applying for the ESTA it asks about citizenship and docs.

We cannot ill in any docs as his passport is out of our hands and they will not tell us his passport number over the phone.

Anyone have any advise as to what to do please?

thanks
Is your son a US national? US nationals, including dual nationals, must use a US passport to enter and leave the United States.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.