ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help - set(m) document uploading categories??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

esteve
inactive

SET(M) employment documention

Post by esteve » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all the useful advice that's been posted - has been so helpful.

My husband is submitting SET(M) form for ILR in the next few weeks. We have a few queries about supporting evidence for his employment (his income of which meets the financial requirement):

1. Do payslips that have been issued online, and which he's printed off, have to be stamped by his empoyer?

2. He has recently (in Sept) started a new job. Do payslips from his previous employer (also issued online and printed off) need to be stamped?

3. Does he need a letter of employment or is his contract (which includes start date and salary) sufficient?

4. Re: above would he need a letter of employment from his previous employers or is the contract sufficient?

Many thanks for your help with this :-)

NomiKaay

Re: SET(M) employment documention

Post by NomiKaay » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 am

esteve wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:04 pm
Hi all,

Thanks for all the useful advice that's been posted - has been so helpful.

My husband is submitting SET(M) form for ILR in the next few weeks. We have a few queries about supporting evidence for his employment (his income of which meets the financial requirement):

1. Do payslips that have been issued online, and which he's printed off, have to be stamped by his empoyer? - Not required to be stamped.

2. He has recently (in Sept) started a new job. Do payslips from his previous employer (also issued online and printed off) need to be stamped? - See answer above

3. Does he need a letter of employment or is his contract (which includes start date and salary) sufficient? - Both are encouraged, although, the list below only asks for letter of employment.

4. Re: above would he need a letter of employment from his previous employers or is the contract sufficient? - See my commentary below.

Many thanks for your help with this :-)
When you apply online, it gives you a tailored document checklist towards the end. I was in the same boat as your husband a few months ago when I applied for my Set M in mid-Sept. I had just recently changed jobs in July. Below is the document list I was asked to produce:

A signed contract of employment - for Mr <my name> for <my current job title>

Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips showing that the salary has
been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly - for Mr <my name> for <my current job title>

Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months
prior to the date of application - for Mr <my name> for <my current job title>

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency) - for for Mr <my name> for <my current job title>

As you can see, apart from payslips for my previous employment, I wasn't asked to produce much for my previous job even though I only had 2 payslips from my current job. The only additional element I submitted was contract for my new job.

Hope this helps.

steveewonder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Set(m) guidance notes? CAtegory A or B?

Post by steveewonder » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:59 pm

HI all,

Just a last minute panic as I prepare to complete the set(m) online application.

Can anyone help with the following...

- The set(m) guidance notes have dissappeared! Very unhelpful. Does anyone have a copy or a link?

- I have met the financial requirement over the past 2.5 years but moved to a new company 2 months ago - do I apply under category A or B?

- Just to be 100% sure, my timeline is:
Entry clearance 13/12/13
Entered UK 25/12/13
FLR(M) approved 29 / 7 /2016

So based on this, I'm planning to submit SET(M) form on 01/12/2018

Does this sounds right?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set(m) guidance notes? CAtegory A or B?

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:24 am

???

member/esteve/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:26 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

steveewonder
Newly Registered
United States of America

help - set(m) document uploading categories??

Post by steveewonder » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 pm

HI all,

Thanks for all your very helpful posts so far.

Just completed set(m) online form and now uploading documents but being asked to upload documents by category (see below):

Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Educational

Wasn't expecting this! I have my checklist of documents all ready to upload but how critical is it to get documents into the right category? e.g. would I put my Life in the UK test certificate in the 'residence in the UK' category?

I'm probably overthinking this, but don't want to get it wrong!

I have my biometrics appointment booked for 20th Dec (first free available appointment) so presumably I have until then to sort out documents for uploading?

Thanks for any advice on this.

steveewonder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by steveewonder » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Thanks so much for your response.

(Re: multiple ID's - my wife registered on the forum but subsequently forgot her password and the site wouldn't allow a reset, so I registered under my email address :D )

michali
Member of Standing

Re: help - set(m) document uploading categories??

Post by michali » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:51 pm

I hope someone who has completed the process will help. I am not sure myself but, of course, you can wait until your appointment and get them to do it! Or get their advice on what should go where.

I mean does Residence refer to documents including Land Registry, tenancy agreements etc but it might mean official correspondence over the past two and a half years!

Finances would be bank statements and payslips?

Sponsors and employment would be the letter and contract for employment?

What is Life Events?!

I would not think you would be refused if anything that does not fit clearly into their categories would be accepted under Other.

steveewonder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by steveewonder » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:55 pm

Yes, that's what we've assumed too!

We put our 6+ joint bank statements and bills etc in the 'residence in the UK' category.

Unfortunately the process is such that we booked our 'standard service' appointment before we uploaded all our docs and realised that we were being required to sort them by category. Just hoping that due to the newness of the system, they'll give us benefit of the doubt.

steveewonder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by steveewonder » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Another thought - am I supposed to upload my passport-size photos too? Or just take them when I get my biometrics done?

Any thoughts / experiences?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:46 am

steveewonder wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 pm
Another thought - am I supposed to upload my passport-size photos too? Or just take them when I get my biometrics done?

Passport size photos are not required anymore for new online application. They will take a digital photo as part of biometrics
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:04 am

I've done the doc uploading process. I think those categories are just an organisational 'help', a bit for you, a bit for the caseworker. And I presume the categories are the same for everyone doing visa applications so the 'Life Events' category was not relevant for me doing SET(M) but for someone else, that section can be used to upload birth certificates of children or marriage certificates, that type of thing.

in short, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. :)

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:19 am

That makes sense! It would be nice, and maybe they will do it soon, to have guidance notes which used to be available under the old system. It is probably more important to upload all the necessary documents rather than putting them in the right 'boxes'.

steveewonder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by steveewonder » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:45 am

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:46 am
steveewonder wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Passport size photos are not required anymore for new online application. They will take a digital photo as part of biometrics
Ok, thanks, that's really helpful - it's not at all clear otherwise!

steveewonder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by steveewonder » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks oldmankensey and michali!

us3r
Newly Registered

Post by us3r » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:14 am

To the OP: I was in the same boat. I have my appointment today.

I think its just an organisation thing. What I have done Is made sure that I add the appropriate description with all the uploads.

us3r
Newly Registered

Post by us3r » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Ok just got back from the appointment. Attendants were quite friendly. They basically checked what was on the document list requirement, made sure all the required document scans were there. Said that everything was there and did not need to check any documents from the originals I took. Didn't complain or even comment on the categories. I would recommend to anyone that it is better to pre-upload the documents, otherwise you'll be spending a huge amount of time at the center.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:18 am

Hi guys.

I have read someone has mentioned above that applicants 2 photos are not required anymore as they take it digitally now.

What about the photo of the sponsor? Is it not needed too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:21 am

nice111 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:18 am
Hi guys.

I have read someone has mentioned above that applicants 2 photos are not required anymore as they take it digitally now.

What about the photo of the sponsor? Is it not needed too?
Please continue your questions in your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)