ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India Urgent advise please

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

soopan123
Newly Registered

Travelling to India Urgent advise please

Post by soopan123 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:18 am

Gents,

Please can someone point me to the right direction? I do have my British Passport (just received 2 days before), haven't surrendered my Indian passport yet but sent back UK BRP card.

I am planning to travel to India on Dec, what is the best way to travel to India?

1. Travel through Indian passport by keeping British Passport in hand?
2. Surrender the Indian passport and get the certificate and apply for a tourist visa?
3. Do I need surrender certificate to apply for tourist visa?

Many thanks. Any pointers will be deeply appreciated.

jfrusc

Re: Travelling to India Urgent advise please

Post by jfrusc » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:08 am

Here's an example of the penalty someone else incurred for failing to surrender their passport:

other-countries/surrender-indian-passpo ... 47348.html

If you have a British Passport I would suggest you surrender your Indian Passport and follow the rules. There is an additional extremely punitive penalty for every entry made on an Indian Passport you should have surrendered.

soopan123
Newly Registered

Post by soopan123 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:35 pm

I understand I need to Surender but I need to travel urgently to India that is why need suggestions as per my query above

supernova

Post by supernova » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 am

You can apply for e-visa and travel on your British passport. e-visa gets issued within 48 hours. You just need to print it before travelling.

you have 3 months period to surrender your Indian passport and no penalties if it isn't used. i.e. if you travel using an e-visa.