ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oldmankensey

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:07 pm

kartikannamalai wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 pm
For example, if your appointment is on Friday 21st December at 10:00am, we will aim to make a decision on your application by Monday 24th December, 9:59am.
how is that 24 working hours? Even including Saturday and counting 9am to 6pm, it's still only 8 + 9 + 1 = 18 hours.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm

allyf wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:06 am
michali wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:17 am
gbpmatrix wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 am
Dear Members,

I submitted my online application. At the end of it gave me list of docs like passport, visa,...... . Then i was directed to sopra website. There none of these docs list appear on mandatory docs list? Below it got some other docs which all are not relevant to my appl like finance, employment, ..... ?
The size of passport scan file is more than 6mb. How can i upload this?
Could someone kindly suggest.

Many thanks
Did you save it as a pdf? Maybe scan at a lower resolution?
That is a very good question...what if file is larger than 6mb? I’m assuming that a passport (if we are required to scan every page..I think?) that will be massive?

Also under set M under mandatory documents it’s ask for ‘proof of application’ to be scanned. Does anyone know what this is exactly?

I have managed to reduce the size by saving under Acrobat and reduce size option.

Can someone please suggest what file/document goes under "proof of application’ "...
Also do I need to print the completed application form and scan.

My bank documents uploaded are online. Do I need to print these and take to sopra appointment?

Dear CR001, ..... and other experts and other members who have already applied in this new system, can you please try to reply my queries.

Kind Regards,

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 pm

gbpmatrix wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm
allyf wrote:
michali wrote:
gbpmatrix wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 am
Dear Members,

I submitted my online application. At the end of it gave me list of docs like passport, visa,...... . Then i was directed to sopra website. There none of these docs list appear on mandatory docs list? Below it got some other docs which all are not relevant to my appl like finance, employment, ..... ?
The size of passport scan file is more than 6mb. How can i upload this?
Could someone kindly suggest.

Many thanks
That is a very good question...what if file is larger than 6mb? I’m assuming that a passport (if we are required to scan every page..I think?) that will be massive?

Also under set M under mandatory documents it’s ask for ‘proof of application’ to be scanned. Does anyone know what this is exactly?

I have managed to reduce the size by saving under Acrobat and reduce size option.

Can someone please suggest what file/document goes under "proof of application’ "...

My bank documents uploaded are online. Do I need to print these and take to sopra appointment?

Dear CR001, ..... and other experts and other members who have already applied in this new system, can you please try to reply my queries.

Kind Regards,
some of these options arent valid for all visa types. i just gave the completed form for proof. you can download the completed form .

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm

I wonder if they are asking for proof of payment when they ask for proof of application? It seems weird that, having submitted the application form online, you have to resubmit it! And isn’t it a large file?

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:10 pm

nihalcastelino wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 pm
gbpmatrix wrote:
allyf wrote:
michali wrote:

Kind Regards,
some of these options arent valid for all visa types. i just gave the completed form for proof. you can download the completed form .
Dear nihalcastelino,

Thank you for reply. How can I download the application form now as its been submitted already. They didn't send the link to me after completing the payment.

Can I use the previous link to open or will it mess the completes application for by taking me back to the partially completed application form?

And also in terms of online statements, I have uploaded online statements to sopra. Do I need them to print and take it to apt?

Regards,

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:57 pm

michali wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm
I wonder if they are asking for proof of payment when they ask for proof of application? It seems weird that, having submitted the application form online, you have to resubmit it! And isn’t it a large file?
I agree michali, i’m presuming that proof of payment is the proof of application ?? Why would we have to print off a copy of application when we just sent it via online? Hopefully someone can help answer this question? Many thanks

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 pm

gbpmatrix wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:10 pm
nihalcastelino wrote:
gbpmatrix wrote:
allyf wrote:

Kind Regards,
Dear nihalcastelino,

Thank you for reply. How can I download the application form now as its been submitted already. They didn't send the link to me after completing the payment.

Can I use the previous link to open or will it mess the completes application for by taking me back to the partially completed application form?

And also in terms of online statements, I have uploaded online statements to sopra. Do I need them to print and take it to apt?

Regards,
You can go back to the link and download it.i think you should be able to still view it

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:11 pm

nihalcastelino wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 pm
gbpmatrix wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:10 pm
nihalcastelino wrote:
gbpmatrix wrote:

Kind Regards,
Dear nihalcastelino,

Regards,
You can go back to the link and download it.i think you should be able to still view it
Thank you nihalcastelino,

I will login and check.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:16 pm

I just did a test run scanning my passport (I am the sponsor) and the entire document is 1.4mb. The resolution 75dpi is not bad but I could have increased that and still ended up with a file under 6mb.It is a real bore though doing it! Can anyone tell me please whether the applicant has to provide all previous passports for SET M or just those that cover the past five years?

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:46 am

michali wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:16 pm
I just did a test run scanning my passport (I am the sponsor) and the entire document is 1.4mb. The resolution 75dpi is not bad but I could have increased that and still ended up with a file under 6mb.It is a real bore though doing it! Can anyone tell me please whether the applicant has to provide all previous passports for SET M or just those that cover the past five years?
Hi michali, my thought is only the years that your spouse has been in the U.K. living as a partner of a British subject... I’m applying set M and I’ll provide only last 5 years.
Thank you for letting us know on the test run of scanning! Also, do we know whether ‘proof of application’ under mandatory docs is the actual application form or the simply the proof of payment?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:30 am

Thanks allyf! I hope someone who has completed the process will come back to advise on the issue of 'proof of application' but they all seem to have deserted us!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:37 am

I have asked on another forum and that person said there was no request for 'proof of application'! So I have no clue!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 am

michali wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:37 am
I have asked on another forum and that person said there was no request for 'proof of application'! So I have no clue!
I think someone mentioned that it depends on the visa you are applying for. I have been told it is on the set M application..yikes! Anyone who has applied on this application who may know please do share your advice 🙏🏽

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 am

I uploaded all documents into the folder Proof of Application. This is easy for the caseworker to view documents. Don't worry about the quality of your scanned supporting documents, as long as you can see them clearly. The staff at your appointment center will do the scan of your passport even if you have uploaded it because they have a special machine to scan something inside the stamps that we cannot normally see.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 am
I uploaded all documents into the folder Proof of Application. This is easy for the caseworker to view documents. Don't worry about the quality of your scanned supporting documents, as long as you can see them clearly. The staff at your appointment center will do the scan of your passport even if you have uploaded it because they have a special machine to scan something inside the stamps that we cannot normally see.
So everything into that folder? I guess once you name each document clearly, it would be easy for the caseworker to check them.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

In my case, I have also dependents so for each dependent I upload all documents into one folder Proof of Application.
michali wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am
ilovethebeatles wrote:
So everything into that folder? I guess once you name each document clearly, it would be easy for the caseworker to check them.

ukangel123
Newly Registered

Post by ukangel123 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it's now possible to book Same Day or Next Day appointment? How quickly can we get an appointment through Sopra Steria?

Many Thanks

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:43 pm

What you can do is to search for appointment and book if they are available. It does not guarantee that you will get next day appointment at the center you want, but your chance is high if you search for a number of centers.
ukangel123 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:27 pm
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it's now possible to book Same Day or Next Day appointment? How quickly can we get an appointment through Sopra Steria?

Many Thanks

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:43 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am
In my case, I have also dependents so for each dependent I upload all documents into one folder Proof of Application.
michali wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thanks for the advice!

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Guys,
Did anyone heard about Settlement Checking Service SCS? Is it still exist?
https://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/201038/c ... _service/1
7A8M6H

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:57 pm

AMH wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 pm
Guys,
Did anyone heard about Settlement Checking Service SCS? Is it still exist?
https://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/201038/c ... _service/1
Also no longer available.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... g-services
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Can anyone please advise if Set (M) application can be submitted online before 28days of qualifying period ,and appointment can be booked now targeting during 28days of qualifying period?

Also if there is any charge to book appointment at enhanced service point? If so then how to find what is the charge? I see posts with varying charges, somebody said £50, and someone also said £60. I thought if there is a charge then it supposed to be standard across all enhanced service points.
7A8M6H

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 am

michali wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:30 am
Thanks allyf! I hope someone who has completed the process will come back to advise on the issue of 'proof of application' but they all seem to have deserted us!
When my husband logged in to upload his documents, under 'Proof of application' it asked for his passport and then the signed consent/declaration forms from myself and him. Hope that helps. It was for FLR(M) first extension.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pm

cemj wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 am
michali wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:30 am
When my husband logged in to upload his documents, under 'Proof of application' it asked for his passport and then the signed consent/declaration forms from myself and him. Hope that helps. It was for FLR(M) first extension.
Thanks michali and cemj appreciate the info!! I will be applying for SET M (I think michali also?) and I’m due to apply dec 18..fingers crossed it all makes sense when I move forward with the application. Someone else mentioned here to upload Everything..so I just may do that ...do you agree michali?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:41 pm

I really don’t know! Or maybe do as cemj did? I doubt it really matters especially in these early days when some clarity is needed. We don’t have to apply yet (SET(M) like you), so hopefully others will advise.I would like to think that, once all the necessary documents are uploaded, that they would be accepted even if they are not exactly in the right place! Of course, alternatively, you could get them uploaded at the appointment.