ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New UKVCAS appointment attended

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

legalkhan
Pakistan

New UKVCAS appointment attended

Post by legalkhan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:19 pm

I have attended my appointment for document verification and biomatric on 25th Nov at UKVCAS Belfast. Due to low immigrant population the centre was empty I was the only applicant and the staff was extremely nice polite and over caring. Anyway they verified my docs and registered my biomatrics. When I visit sopera and steria website I still can see my documents uploaded, I am afriad if my details have submitted by them?? Or being a new service there could be some mistake by them. Has any body had a visit to their website after attending their appointment and still can see the documents been uploaded???

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: New UKVCAS appointment attended

Post by makky86 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:56 pm

legalkhan wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:19 pm
I have attended my appointment for document verification and biomatric on 25th Nov at UKVCAS Belfast. Due to low immigrant population the centre was empty I was the only applicant and the staff was extremely nice polite and over caring. Anyway they verified my docs and registered my biomatrics. When I visit sopera and steria website I still can see my documents uploaded, I am afriad if my details have submitted by them?? Or being a new service there could be some mistake by them. Has any body had a visit to their website after attending their appointment and still can see the documents been uploaded???
Thats normal. But you will see you will not be able to upload though liike button is greyed-out
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

doctorgo
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by doctorgo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 am

legalkhan wrote:

Can you please describe the application process with UKVCAS lounge? Did they copy your passport and returned it to you? Or you had to submit your passport? What about the other docs...did they just check them in person, then scan and upload to UKVI and then hand you all the originals back?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 am

doctorgo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 am
legalkhan wrote:

Can you please describe the application process with UKVCAS lounge? Did they copy your passport and returned it to you? Or you had to submit your passport? What about the other docs...did they just check them in person, then scan and upload to UKVI and then hand you all the originals back?
I had used the service for my wif'e ILR but it would be same for all the applications. Yes they have special machine for copying the passport. They will copy all the pages of your passport. But the rest of the documents you have to upload yourself (including front pages of your passport)
#
They'll verify the scanned docs and check vs original and then return you all the docs.

doctorgo
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by doctorgo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:00 am

makky86 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 am
doctorgo wrote:
legalkhan wrote:

I had used the service for my wif'e ILR but it would be same for all the applications. Yes they have special machine for copying the passport. They will copy all the pages of your passport. But the rest of the documents you have to upload yourself (including front pages of your passport)
#
They'll verify the scanned docs and check vs original and then return you all the docs.
So once they copied the passport, they gave it back to you? Can you use the UKVCAS centre to upload the rest of your docs (not just your passport) as opposed to doing it yourself?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:25 pm

doctorgo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:00 am
makky86 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 am
doctorgo wrote:
legalkhan wrote:

#
So once they copied the passport, they gave it back to you? Can you use the UKVCAS centre to upload the rest of your docs (not just your passport) as opposed to doing it yourself?
yes but I think you'll have to pay for that.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:55 pm

makky86 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:56 pm
legalkhan wrote:
Thats normal. But you will see you will not be able to upload though liike button is greyed-out
Thanks makky86 for replying, no the upload button is still working. I can still upload the documents if I want to. I am doubtful if they have submitted my documents correctly.

lindx
Newly Registered
China

Post by lindx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:14 pm

You're not alone! I wanted to ask exactly the same question! Do you have any updates now?

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:00 am

Your experience is the same as mine and many others. The UKVCAS site still seems to be "live" but there is no need to worry. They have a poor system of communication and do not notify anyone about what they have done. Just be patient, some applicants from December have already been approved.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 am

doctorgo wrote:
legalkhan wrote:

You can read about my experience at UKVCAS here

british-citizenship/my-ukvcas-appointme ... 70261.html