ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

track service "arrived"

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ciran
Newly Registered

track service "arrived"

Post by ciran » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:00 am

hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me with some info, as i am going out of my mind with this!

my husband gave in his visa application on the 20th of march. today, the track service says that it has "arrived at the VAC office" what does this mean? it does not say successful, rejected or interview?

if anyone knows what these status updates mean please help, as the website gives no info on what updates to expect and what they mean.

thanks

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:51 am

Hey Ciran

It sounds like your application has been processed. The tracking service won't say what the result it, just that it's been processed. You won't know the outcome until you hot-foot it down to the VAC office you submitted your application to.

Good luck.. I hope it's a good outcome!
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

ciran
Newly Registered

Post by ciran » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:07 am

thanks sammie. he went yesterday and they gave him an appointment for the 16th of July! I cant believe how far that is. is it normal for it to be so late?

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:43 am

Is that an appointment for an interview?

I can only imagine the reason for it being so far away is because they are busy. Maybe at this time of year there are a lot of student applications clogging up the system. I wouldn't look at it as a negative thing.

Still, an appointment (no matter how far away) is better than an outright refusal. Think positively and god willing, all will be okay!

ciran
Newly Registered

Post by ciran » Mon May 26, 2008 10:39 pm

sorry about the delay in getting back.

it is an interview - however, I have been reading other posts on the website and people have been refused and banned from applying due to the new april 1st rules...my husband left the UK on the 15th of March, so 2 days before the 17th March consession.

He made his application on the 20th. I was wondering, will he be banned for 12 months because he went back on the 15th? this is so distressing - I have never been this distressed in my life.

I just keep thinking, if they were going to do that - why would they give him an interview?

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Tue May 27, 2008 10:36 am

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I was sure that the "amnesty" was extended until October..?

If they were going to refuse him, they would have done so long ago... I really wouldn't worry abouut it too much. They probably just have a few questions that they want to clear up. Just think positive and prepare your partner as much as you can.

What I would suggest you do in the meantime is try and get all your latest payslips and bank statements; all the correspondence between you and your partner and phone bills from the period of March till up until the interview in July, sent to your partner. That way, there is no "break" in supporting documents and if your partner hands all these documents to the ECO at the interview, it will help to keep the documents upto date.

(Not to scare you, but I have known people who have been refused at the interview because their paperwork (bills, payslips, bank statements etc) has gaps. In your case there will be a gap of March (submission of application) until the inteview in July. If you can fill in this "gap", it would help.)

Good luck!!

ciran
Newly Registered

Post by ciran » Tue May 27, 2008 1:22 pm

I am keeping EVERYTHING from march until july! my tickets to see him, correspondence, bank statements, phone cards etc.

there is one thing though - when we gave in the supporting documents, we didnt give my husbands bank statements as we didnt think they would need to see them (as i am the sponsor) - also there was no money going into his account as he was not working.

I have sent him money whilst he is away and i was wondering if I should give his statements in just to show that i have been supporting him while he has been away as he has no family there?

thank you so much.

when this is over I am going to write out every step we took to help others. this board has helped us so much!

Olga808
Newly Registered

Post by Olga808 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:44 pm

ciran wrote:He made his application on the 20th. I was wondering, will he be banned for 12 months because he went back on the 15th? this is so distressing - I have never been this distressed in my life.

I just keep thinking, if they were going to do that - why would they give him an interview?
I left the UK on 26th Feb , few weeks before 17th March. I applied on 2nd April and got an interview on 1st May. I was so hopeful going to the interview, thinking the same way as you do, that if they havent rejected straight away, there might be a chance.

At the interview, however, ECO asked me nothing about my relationship with my husband,etc, nothing apart from how, when I came to the UK first time, how many times I extended my student visa, how I got my Work Permit and then was not granted leave to remain because of another stupid rule of theirs.They asked "were you aware that you were in the UK illegaly?", I said "yes". That's it. As if they were checking if I would lie about my immigration history. I then got a feeling that my case had been decided before the interview, they just wanted me to tell them that I overstayed.

Simirarly to you, it is the most stressful time for me and my husband.I can't wait for all if this to finish and live our lives again. Waiting for the results of the appeal we have no choice but to be optimistic and I wish you the very best, please keep strong. Each case is individual and perhaps your husband's interview will be successful, I just wanted to share my experience so that you are ready for any outcome.

Olja

ciran
Newly Registered

Post by ciran » Tue May 27, 2008 9:24 pm

I feel like a fly trapped on a spiders web! every day I hear new things which may or may not affect our case - I hear good news and bad news, new laws, new rules, new problems. ever since we have gone on this course our lives have been filled with stress and dissapointment.

...and now this. I cant help but think the worst now.

will the fact that he was refused asylum in 2001 be considered frustrating immigration rules???

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:20 pm

I wouldn't think so but he must be honest if they ask him.My husband was asked everything about his past immigration status at his interview but at the end of it they refused him on the grounds i earn to little! i was mad as yes i do earn small money but it's counted as to much when i asked if i was entitled to any benefits, feel i can't win.I fully support myself.
It is a very stressful time,i have lost over a stone in weight and i wasn't over weight in the first place! so many ups and downs now have been told full appeal hearing will be after the 23rd september 2008.
Have all the sympathy for you it is a very worrying time,horrible, but as said all cases are different and what happens to one person isn't the same as another,there is no pattern.At least you are getting yourself organised so he goes with all updated info. that will really help.

ciran
Newly Registered

Post by ciran » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:34 pm

thank you for your kind comments. it is really hard to see so many cases refused on so many diverse reasons. you just cant tell what is going to happen - and considering this is someone's future they are making decisions on, they should give people more information along the way...but you just sit and wait whilst your spouse is in another country.

if its not too personal how much do you earn for them to say too little? maybe a ballpark figure? I want to know because I dont even know if they will tell me mine is not enough.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:09 am

No problem, it gets a bit confusing as some is employed the other is self employed but it is around £750 month and because i have children from previous relationship i get tax credits.The problem was the ECO would not take my self employment into account and my husband had letter of employment but by the time his interview came round the ECO said it was out of date. Apparently the judge at the appeal will take all my income into account even my tax credits which i am entitled to in my own rights,so my income will be nearer £1,300.We have also sent a new job offer with appeal but again by the time appeal comes i will need another updated one!!think the ECOwas just wanting to fail him infact everyone who wanted a spouse visa failed that day!!!!thank goodness for the fone we talk everyday but not the same.

ciran
Newly Registered

Post by ciran » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:28 pm

thank you for that - at least I know to get updated employment letters. The offers my husband got for employment state in the letter that they are willing to wait until he gets his visa, but just in case I will ask for a new letter.

is there anything else i should be ready for at the interview - help from anyone would be appriciated????