ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Online Application and Biometrics - Set(o)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukcanadagirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

ILR Online Application and Biometrics - Set(o)

Post by ukcanadagirl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

I submitted my ILR application on Nov. 21st online (UK ancestry 5 year route, SET(o)). After I submitted and paid, it said I had until some date in January 2019 to attend my appointment. I then booked by appointment for Dec. 12th in Croyden. This was the only free one that matched my schedule.

Today, I received an email from the Home Office advising me that I need to enroll my biometrics. It said I was sent a biometric enrollment letter telling me I had to do it within 15 days. I did not receive this letter--I thought this is what the appointment is for.

I'm freaked out now that my application will be rejected. Have I done something wrong? Any help is appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Online Application and Biometrics - Set(o)

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:31 pm

At the end of the online process, you would have had the option to download your letter to enroll biometrics at the post office. My understanding of the online system.

What your appointment is for depends on the service you chose. How much did you pay for your application?

What date do you qualify to apply for ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukcanadagirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by ukcanadagirl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Thanks for your quick response.

There was no letter to enroll your biometrics at the post office. There was a declaration letter which needs to be signed and brought to the appointment. My qualifying period started on 14 November 2018 (my 5 year anniversary in the country is Dec. 12, 2018).

I used the new online system, and must attend an appointment at one of the new centres. I chose Croyden because it was free, and the appointment is Dec. 12th. Should I change my appointment to the 6th if possible? After I submitted the application, it definitely said I had until some time in January 2019 to attend my appointment.

I paid £2,400. When I booked my appointment, there were options to pay £100 or £200 for a premium service centre appointment.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 pm

My understanding from the communication I have after I submitted online is you can book your appointments within 5 days and will receive an email reminding you if you have not booked appointment within 15 days. But clearly, you can book an appointment anytime within 2 months. You should better call UKVI support center to ask for clarification: 03001232241

ukcanadagirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by ukcanadagirl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks, that was my understanding too. If the email I have received is a 'reminder' email, it could be that the wording has not been changed to reflect the new online system since it refers to post office enrollment.

I would call the number, but it's £2.50 a minute. Hoping I don't have to resort to that.

ukcanadagirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by ukcanadagirl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all those who replied. I'm starting to get a little worried about another aspect of the application which is related to the appointment. I submitted the SET(O) application on Nov. 21st (I have the email confirming submission on this date). My UK ancestry visa expires on Dec. 5th (tomorrow), but my appointment is on Dec. 12th. I didn't think this was an issue because I submitted the application before my visa expiry, and I received the message after submitting the application that I had the standard two months to attend an appointment.

Am I over-thinking this with worry? Or should I have attended the appointment by...tomorrow?

murciablo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by murciablo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Hey ukcanadagirl any updates on your application process? I'm in a similar situation, and was wondering if it is ok that the appointment occurs after the visa expiry, so long as the online application is paid and submitted before the expiry?

ukcanadagirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by ukcanadagirl » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:17 pm

I just attended my appointment today at the office in Croyden. Altogether it took an hour. My documents were checked and they even offered to scan anything I think I might want to add. They were cautious to make sure I had everything, which I thought was pretty good.

I'm still worried I'm going to have the application rejected tbh, but I can only hope for the best. I followed the instructions for the new system as I received them and I guess if it gets rejected I will have to argue that after my application was submitted online, it told me I had until mid-January 2019 to attend my appointment.

I did mention it at the appointment but the staff at the centre are not versed in Home Office rules and don't give any advice. They said to call the Home Office directly if I had any questions.

One weird thing: there was loads of staff working at the centre and only 2-3 applicants...but there were no chairs for applicants. I stood for nearly an hour at the private booth. It was odd.

murciablo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by murciablo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:17 am

Glad to hear it went relatively smooth, very odd there was nowhere to sit though!

I would think that the message you received stating you had until mid-January would be compelling enough to explain your case, in the event that your application is rejected. I am still unaware of any official word from UKVI about attending the appointment after the expiry. Perhaps I will just pay to email my question in hopes of clearing it up. Hopefully I get a straight answer. I'll report back.

ukcanadagirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by ukcanadagirl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:36 am

Hi Everyone,

I just received an email from DX stating my new biometric residence permit will be delivered on Feb. 14th. I’m weeping out of joy. I can’t believe it. I have not yet received an email to say my ILR was approved, but perhaps it’s in the package I will receive.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my messages. I’ll update again after I receive it just to confirm what type of leave they actually gave me and what the letter says etc.