ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New ILR process, Time to decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by samojerom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:09 pm

michali wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 pm
If you read through several recent posts, you will see that quite a few people have had to wait several days to get a decision.
I am sorry maybe I am blind but I didn't see anyone mentioned a successful application using the new ILR process. Could you please share the links? Thanks so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

samojerom wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:09 pm
michali wrote:
If you read through several recent posts, you will see that quite a few people have had to wait several days to get a decision.
I am sorry maybe I am blind but I didn't see anyone mentioned a successful application using the new ILR process. Could you please share the links? Thanks so much.
Some reading for you.

general-uk-immigration-forum/new-appoin ... 7-260.html

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... 5-100.html

general-uk-immigration-forum/ilr-super- ... 12-20.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:06 pm

** Update **

I recieved my wife BRP card through the letter today . We applied 22nd November
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi Makky,

Congratulations! It would be useful for those intending to pay for super priority service to form a decision time pattern if you could let us know when was the decision made and if there was any communication in between or if you have called UKVI before receiving the BRP?
makky86 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:06 pm
** Update **

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:10 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:40 pm
Hi Makky,

Congratulations! It would be useful for those intending to pay for super priority service to form a decision time pattern if you could let us know when was the decision made and if there was any communication in between or if you have called UKVI before receiving the BRP?
makky86 wrote:
** Update **

I didn't receieve any communcation. The issue date is 23rd Nov. So they did actually approve next day just took time to receive through the letter.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:17 pm

makky86 wrote:
** Update **

Thanks so much for your information.

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm
samojerom wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:09 pm
michali wrote:
Some reading for you.

general-uk-immigration-forum/new-appoin ... 7-260.html

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... 5-100.html

general-uk-immigration-forum/ilr-super- ... 12-20.html
Thanks so much for your information.

TheDon
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by TheDon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:26 pm

This forum's been quite helpful for me so thought I'll tag my experience to an existing thread.

I've applied for ILR via new service. I had the option to use old or new service and opted for new. I live in London. When I submitted my application online, the only service centre open in London was the Premium Service Lounge in central. Appointments here cost £200+. They're not free even if you paid for Super Priority. I was contemplating going to Birmingham as this was the closest free service centre. Called UKVCAS for advice and they told me that Croydon was opening soon and gave me good info. So the helpline is good. It's easy to get through to them and there are compete people who have a clue on the line. I was on hold for about a minute before I got someone on the other end. Flipside though, the cost is a whopping £2.50 a minute. I ended up with an additional £30 pound phone bill from 2 short calls to them.

I submitted my application on 13 Nov. I marked time trying to find a cheaper/London venue until 19 Nov when Croydon appointments became available. Booked the first one available which was 10am Friday 23 Nov.
I uploaded all my documents as per the checklist received during the online application. These went onto the Sopra Steria portal. I paid for the Document Checking service which Sopra Steria sells. This cost £35. They check that your documents are of good enough quality, they're all there and that they are complete (no missing pages). I wouldn't pay for this if I had to do it again. You have a checklist so you know what you're supposed to upload. As for quality and for completeness - checking your scans yourself and using your best judgement (or someone else's) should accomplish these checks. You really don't need to pay Sopra Steria £35 to do that.

The Croydon venue is at Bedford point. Google maps says this location "is now closed" but just ignore that and follow the location on your phone as it's actually correct. I arrived at 9:45, was checked in and taking my biometrics by 9:50 and was seated with one of their clerks by 9:55. I was the first one at the centre so got done quite quickly. The clerk was quite happy I'd used the document checking service - meaning he didn't have to do it. So your £35 is saving Sopra work as well as paying them because they would ordinarily do it then.

My application was submitted by 10:15 when I left the centre. I got my BRP through the post on 28 Nov. You do not get any confirmation that UKVI is considering your application or any feedback/notifications. My first communication was the BRP in the post on the 28th. So use my timeline and keep calm.

Hope this is useful. Good luck all.

Simurgh
Newly Registered

Post by Simurgh » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:28 am

Thanks for a very useful feedback. Who did the delivery - dx? Was it dated within 24hr. I also applied at Croydon, 27th at 8:00AM. Still waiting to hear anything.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 am

Hi TheDon, have you received your BRP through DX or Royal Mail?
TheDon wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:26 pm
This forum's been quite helpful for me so thought I'll tag my experience to an existing thread.

I've applied for ILR via new service. I had the option to use old or new service and opted for new. I live in London. When I submitted my application online, the only service centre open in London was the Premium Service Lounge in central. Appointments here cost £200+. They're not free even if you paid for Super Priority. I was contemplating going to Birmingham as this was the closest free service centre. Called UKVCAS for advice and they told me that Croydon was opening soon and gave me good info. So the helpline is good. It's easy to get through to them and there are compete people who have a clue on the line. I was on hold for about a minute before I got someone on the other end. Flipside though, the cost is a whopping £2.50 a minute. I ended up with an additional £30 pound phone bill from 2 short calls to them.

I submitted my application on 13 Nov. I marked time trying to find a cheaper/London venue until 19 Nov when Croydon appointments became available. Booked the first one available which was 10am Friday 23 Nov.
I uploaded all my documents as per the checklist received during the online application. These went onto the Sopra Steria portal. I paid for the Document Checking service which Sopra Steria sells. This cost £35. They check that your documents are of good enough quality, they're all there and that they are complete (no missing pages). I wouldn't pay for this if I had to do it again. You have a checklist so you know what you're supposed to upload. As for quality and for completeness - checking your scans yourself and using your best judgement (or someone else's) should accomplish these checks. You really don't need to pay Sopra Steria £35 to do that.

The Croydon venue is at Bedford point. Google maps says this location "is now closed" but just ignore that and follow the location on your phone as it's actually correct. I arrived at 9:45, was checked in and taking my biometrics by 9:50 and was seated with one of their clerks by 9:55. I was the first one at the centre so got done quite quickly. The clerk was quite happy I'd used the document checking service - meaning he didn't have to do it. So your £35 is saving Sopra work as well as paying them because they would ordinarily do it then.

My application was submitted by 10:15 when I left the centre. I got my BRP through the post on 28 Nov. You do not get any confirmation that UKVI is considering your application or any feedback/notifications. My first communication was the BRP in the post on the 28th. So use my timeline and keep calm.

Hope this is useful. Good luck all.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:15 am

Hi manibala, have you got your BRP yet?
manibala89 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:56 am
As mentioned earlier I submitted my ILR application on Thursday 22nd at 12pm on Manchester Branch Set(O). Paid 3108£. Its been 4 days still haven't heard anything. Called UKVI this morning at 9:30am, they said we must leave upto 5 working days to get response. If i don't hear anything by today then they asked me to give a call tomorrow. Contacted DX no parcel arranged for me. Just hoping for the best.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:28 am

Dear Members, Moderators,
** Sorry about duplicate ----Thought getting reply soon if possible.

I started online application for my wife (ILR 10 Years). As I am supposed to scan all the pages of her passport. Do I need to scan All THE PAGES OF MY BRITISH PASSPORT, CHILDS BRITISH PASSPORT which is being submitted as supporting documents to main applicant (My wife).

If I complete the application and want to book apt for same day /next day service, how quickly can I manage to get the appt.

One of the mandatory requirement is " Evidence you have to prove the relationship
with Mr ..................... (for
example marriage certificates), and
correspondence addressed either to you jointly,
or in both of your names, or addressed
individually to you at the same address, to cover
the last two years

For first part marriage certificate is ok. But for the second part Will a GP letter stating our details and all our registered address be sufficient ? or do I need any thing else to cover this mandatory documents section?

Many Thank to all in advance.

Kind Regards,

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 am

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:15 am
manibala89 wrote:
As mentioned earlier I submitted my ILR application on Thursday 22nd at 12pm on Manchester Branch Set(O). Paid 3108£. Its been 4 days still haven't heard anything. Called UKVI this morning at 9:30am, they said we must leave upto 5 working days to get response. If i don't hear anything by today then they asked me to give a call tomorrow. Contacted DX no parcel arranged for me. Just hoping for the best.
i had the same issue after appt on 20th, UKVI wasnt very helpful,but i got email approval on 27th after i called them on 26th . i called dx several times, 2 times they said no parcel, after that i couldnt even get through they would cut the call saying all agents are busy, call HA again they said it takes upto 10 business days from approval date. then all of a sudden i got the BRP via dx yesterday.

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:45 am

ilovethebeatles wrote:
manibala89 wrote:
No I still havent received anything. applied on 22nd Nov 12pm at Manchester still waiting..

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:07 am

You should call the number 03001232241 choose option 4 and then 1. Explain your situation and there is an officer nicely taking down your details. You will be contacted very shortly by the caseworker. It worked for me. My appointment was 2 days after yours.
manibala89 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:45 am
ilovethebeatles wrote:
manibala89 wrote:
No I still havent received anything. applied on 22nd Nov 12pm at Manchester still waiting..

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:17 am

i have been calling the same number for two days and selected option 3 followed by 2 and then 1.. an officer collected all the details and said will escalate the problem. but didnt hear anything afterwards..

akshay13t
Newly Registered
India

Post by akshay13t » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:41 pm

**UPDATE**
I applied on 22nd in Glasgow through Sopra Steria using super priority service.
* Contacted on 23rd as had no reply within 24 hours- the agent on the phone said that he will escalate my case and should have a reply in 5 working days max
* Got an email at 8pm the same evening saying that my application is still under the service standards hence they cant do anything
* Nothing until 27th oct, so called them again and the agent said that he will re-escalate my case
*Got an email on 29th that my ILR has been granted and that I should receive the BRP Card in due course.

akshay13t
Newly Registered
India

Post by akshay13t » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:42 pm

**UPDATE**
I applied on 22nd in Glasgow through Sopra Steria using super priority service.
* Contacted on 23rd as had no reply within 24 hours- the agent on the phone said that he will escalate my case and should have a reply in 5 working days max
* Got an email at 8pm the same evening saying that my application is still under the service standards hence they cant do anything
* Nothing until 27th oct, so called them again and the agent said that he will re-escalate my case
*Got an email on 29th that my ILR has been granted and that I should receive the BRP Card in due course.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:00 am

Funny I got my approval letter after I got the brp.dated 27th.feel like asking for refund

Deltaalpha
Newly Registered
India

Post by Deltaalpha » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:08 am

Applied on 22nd Nov didn't get any email or letter. visa approved on 23rd got BRP directly to home. Seems likes informing about the application process seems not to be working.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:54 am

Congratulations! When did you get your BRP?
Deltaalpha wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:08 am
Applied on 22nd Nov didn't get any email or letter. visa approved on 23rd got BRP directly to home. Seems likes informing about the application process seems not to be working.

Deltaalpha
Newly Registered
India

Post by Deltaalpha » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am

Thanks got yesterday evening via DX

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Did my biometrics yesterday morning, have not heard anything. I tried calling the number in this thread, no luck - they just said they don't have access to the system. I politely asked if they could take down my case number and notify the case worker - they refused.

Tried on both the option 3 (ongoing applications) and 4 (for settlement in the UK) on the phone menu.

They told me to email the ApplyOnlineE-support e-mail address to ask about the outcome, and just kept insisting that they should have let me know within 24 hours.

I asked if it is normal for it to be over 24 hours to a decision, and they just said well that's just a target they try to keep to, there is no guarantee.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm

brrip wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm
Did my biometrics yesterday morning, have not heard anything. I tried calling the number in this thread, no luck - they just said they don't have access to the system. I politely asked if they could take down my case number and notify the case worker - they refused.

Tried on both the option 3 (ongoing applications) and 4 (for settlement in the UK) on the phone menu.

They told me to email the ApplyOnlineE-support e-mail address to ask about the outcome, and just kept insisting that they should have let me know within 24 hours.

I asked if it is normal for it to be over 24 hours to a decision, and they just said well that's just a target they try to keep to, there is no guarantee.
Members have reported numerous times that it is 24 business hours not literal 24 hours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm
brrip wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Members have reported numerous times that it is 24 business hours not literal 24 hours.
I am aware, I was more reporting my experience with the helplines because other members seem to have had success in getting the helpline staff to nudge the case workers directly.