ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New online FLR(M) form - my experience so far

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npumphre
Newly Registered

New online FLR(M) form - my experience so far

Post by npumphre » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:23 am

Hi all,

Just an update on what I've found then using the new Online FLR(M) form. I have to submit in a few days time, so spent the weekend getting through the form up until the point of Payment.

First thing I saw, as this was info I was trying to find, is that from the moment you start the form you have 10 weeks until it is auto deleted. This means you can plan and start well in advance of the date you need to.

The other key thing I found is regarding Documents. As I have a child with an ex-wife and had to enter that data, it asks what role my current wife has in the upbringing of that child. I answered that she has no responsibility in his upbringing and have no official access rights to him. However! When you get to the section where you have to Tick which documents you will submit, it forces you to say you will submit documents showing what access rights she has to my other child and what official documents we have to show parental responsibilities (e.g. Adoption papers!). You cannot go forward unless you tick to say you will submit those documents!!

Obviously, we don't have those documents as, like I stated in the earlier part of the application, my new wife does not have official access or parental responsibility for my child with my ex-wife (he's almost 18 and studies away from home!!!). I just ticked that I will submit them to get passed that part, and hope it doesn't cause me problems down the line?

I hope this info helps. If anyone else had a solution to the 'access documents' would appreciate if you let me know.

Cheers and good luck all!

mbist

Re: New online FLR(M) form - my experience so far

Post by mbist » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks for the update,
there are certain places you have to tick otherwise you own't go forward.

I would recommend you to write the detail in your cover letter what you wish to explain...
good luck...

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Right, I've finished the form now, paid the IHS and fee, and just need to submit supporting documents. Happy days. A couple of other things I've gleaned:

In case people were still doing it, from Nov 5th 2018 no longer need to submit passport photos (it explicitly states this).

Still have 15 working days from application to submit supporting docs, but aside from passport, supporting documents do not need to be originals and can be copies.

Need to print last page of BRP letter you download and get that done within 15 working days of application.

It does not say anywhere in the checklist that you need to submit a copy of partners passport, but will go ahead and do it now that I've gone to the trouble of preparing it :)

Can't think of anything else, but if you want to check anything, drop me a note.

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:33 pm

mbist wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:01 pm
Thanks for the update,
there are certain places you have to tick otherwise you own't go forward.

I would recommend you to write the detail in your cover letter what you wish to explain...
good luck...
Thanks, will do. After discovering that I was forced to tick these documents, I went back to the application and actually wrote in there that I could 'forsee' the glitch in the system, that my wife doesn't have special arrangements to look after my son nor any parental responsibility, and that we would not be providing evidence on that basis. But will also add to the cover letter.

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am

npumphre wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:30 pm
Right, I've finished the form now, paid the IHS and fee, and just need to submit supporting documents. Happy days. A couple of other things I've gleaned: Thanks for the update, I also paid IHS paid for application last night.

In case people were still doing it, from Nov 5th 2018 no longer need to submit passport photos (it explicitly states this). I didn't see anywhere that passport photos don't need to be sent??? I have them so will send them with the docs.

Still have 15 working days from application to submit supporting docs, but aside from passport, supporting documents do not need to be originals and can be copies. I think all supporting docs need to be original. I don't know where you read this.

Need to print last page of BRP letter you download and get that done within 15 working days of application. Correct.

It does not say anywhere in the checklist that you need to submit a copy of partners passport, but will go ahead and do it now that I've gone to the trouble of preparing it :) It did mention somewhere earlier, maybe not in the checklist. I am sending copies of all pages of sponsor passport.

Can't think of anything else, but if you want to check anything, drop me a note.
Do we need to print and send the final application form? Mine is around 18 pages. I don't mind printing and sending along with docs.

In our case, the applicant doesn't have a birth certificate. The sponsor(I) have. I had to tick that we both have, then only I could move to next page, later I explained that we dont have and dob can be cofirmed from passport and a school certificate. I dont think and hope this will a problem and moreover the paper form didnt even ask for parent's birth certificate.

I think that's it and good luck to me, you and all of you!

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:07 am

mbist wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am
npumphre wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:30 pm

In case people were still doing it, from Nov 5th 2018 no longer need to submit passport photos (it explicitly states this). I didn't see anywhere that passport photos don't need to be sent??? I have them so will send them with the docs.

At the end of the process it asks you to download and print the checklist. In that file it states "From the 5 November 2018, you will no longer need to submit passport photos with your application and any
evidence you provide can be originals or copies. If we require passports, these must be original
."

Still have 15 working days from application to submit supporting docs, but aside from passport, supporting documents do not need to be originals and can be copies. I think all supporting docs need to be original. I don't know where you read this.

As per above. I got this info (and quoted above) from the Checklist document you download at the end of the process.
Do we need to print and send the final application form? Mine is around 18 pages. I don't mind printing and sending along with docs.

I didn't see anywhere that you need to do this, but as there are just a few pages, suppose it doesn't hurt. I won't send as they have it all online, so will save the plant :)

Good luck to you too!!!

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:13 am

Well, it was almost midnight when I was finishing the application, so I might have missed the text about the passport photos.

Good luck!!! ;)

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 am

Hey one important thing I noticed - they have changed the postal address from Durham to Sheffield.....
Can you confirm this ?

Thanks,

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:46 am

mbist wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 am
Hey one important thing I noticed - they have changed the postal address from Durham to Sheffield.....
Can you confirm this ?

Thanks,
That's right. It's now Sheffield.

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi,
I have a question and I even opened a new topic about it. I have paid IHS but now is asking me if I want a new service or existing service??
Even though the web page explains both services, am totally confused which one to choose?
Which one is easier, safer and faster?

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:10 pm

I chose existing as for the new one you have to visit their new outsourcing partner, pay their fee and get all your documents scanned...that's what I understood...

In the existing one..after paying, just post all your docs, passport, declaration pages signed and the checklist to the Sheffield address....seems straightforward....
Good luck!

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Thank u very much mbist. I thought so too.
Do u know if premium service is better and faster than posting to Sheffield? I was thinking to have less stress maybe is better to go there and get the answer that same day so won’t be worrying if everything is ok or not, but I read people saying to find a free slot for the premium service is another hassle and takes long?!

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm

That's what I read....people pay £600 extra and still no slots in weeks!! Crazy..
Btw today I read somewhere that Premium service centres are now closed..you would have to go via these new outsourcing partners...they have some sort of Priority/premium service....

it only takes 6-8 weeks for the spouse visa....why pay £600 extra if you can wait ...if you can...

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Yes u r right! I was thinking if what I read is correct and I will get my residency in about 7,8 weeks, why to pay for premium which might also takes about 4,5 weeks with the waiting time to find a free slot?! Just wasn’t sure if I really get my residency within 2 months when I apply through standard service.

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm

I just saved you £600...you owe me a drink at least ;)))))

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Hehe, ok I owe u a drink :)

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 am

Good morning,
I am wondering if I must copy all the pages of my passport? Even the blank pages?
Do I need barcode separators to organize my supporting documents before posting them?

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 am

primarovnatka wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 am
Good morning,
I am wondering if I must copy all the pages of my passport? Even the blank pages?
Do I need barcode separators to organize my supporting documents before posting them?
I must admit I wondered that too. It didn't ask for it in the checklist, but as I'd already done (including blank pages) I will send anyway.

mbist

Post by mbist » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 pm

They ask for copies of sponsors passport - each and every page...
I did add page separators for each section ... Accommodation, Financial, etc

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 pm

mbist wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 pm
They ask for copies of sponsors passport - each and every page...
I did add page separators for each section ... Accommodation, Financial, etc
I saw that in the previous notes, say, for paper form and in the guidance, but it wasn't specified in new checklist. All I can see is "evidence of sponsors immigration status in the UK". No where does it say a photocopy of passport like it used to? Under mandatory documents it is asking for applicants passport and brp.

I'll send it anyway.

Like you I have also put separators in the supporting documents and added a table of contents.

mbist

Post by mbist » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Yes you are right, it didn't say in checklist, but please send it to be on safe side.
Even passport photos are not required, but I send them anyways...

Eg of Cover Page:

Applicant’s Documents
• Cover Letter
• Applicant’s Passport
• BRP card
• 2 Photographs
• English Language A2 certificate (original)

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:37 am

I see is not just me freaking out and being extra cautious;)
Thanks for the reply:)x

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I am currently filling out this FLR(M) form online (seems to be quite different from the postal one) and have 2 questions on it so far- if anyone can offer some advice please.

1. How long have you stayed in the UK

My wife initially came to UK with me when I was on a tier 1 general visa back in 2013, she then returned home to complete her studies for about 9 months in 2015 (her visa expired in 2015 while she was in her home country) -in a meanwhile I got my ILR and then applied for a spouse visa for her- she returned to UK in 2016 on spouse visa. now I assume when answering this question, I need to include the years from 2013 rather than 2016? is that correct?

2. time spent outside UK

Me and my wife have been to various countries for short term holiday visits over the years including her absence above- would she be required to mention all those absences since 2013? including short holiday visits? there will be too many...and will that have an impact on her extension?

would appreciate if someone could give their input on this. thanks

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:46 am

Hi,
I guess is better to explain it all as u wrote here.
I think when they ask about the time being outside the UK, they mean when she lived somewhere else like the time she was home to study. I don’t think that they meant all the short trips on holidays.
Sorry if I cannot help u better;(

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 am

eclectic wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi Guys,

I am currently filling out this FLR(M) form online (seems to be quite different from the postal one) and have 2 questions on it so far- if anyone can offer some advice please.

1. How long have you stayed in the UK

My wife initially came to UK with me when I was on a tier 1 general visa back in 2013, she then returned home to complete her studies for about 9 months in 2015 (her visa expired in 2015 while she was in her home country) -in a meanwhile I got my ILR and then applied for a spouse visa for her- she returned to UK in 2016 on spouse visa. now I assume when answering this question, I need to include the years from 2013 rather than 2016? is that correct?

2. time spent outside UK

Me and my wife have been to various countries for short term holiday visits over the years including her absence above- would she be required to mention all those absences since 2013? including short holiday visits? there will be too many...and will that have an impact on her extension?

would appreciate if someone could give their input on this. thanks
Not sure if this is of any help but when my husband was filling out his form there were separate questions for living outside of the UK and then time spent outside of the UK while he was here so we just put all our short holidays there as it was easy to get the dates from flight itineraries and stamps in the passport.