ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exp talent - delay in stage 2

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Tier 1 Exp talent - delay in stage 2

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi,

I have cleared stage of tier 1 exceptional talent visa under digital technology. I received endorsement letter from homeoffice on 5th November. I booked premium service appointment at Croydon center for 28th Nov. Submitted necessary documents and waited whole day. In the evening, i was handed a letter mentioning that my application is valid but needs further enquires hence decision can not be made. They will contact me when decision will be made and no timeline is given. I am really worried as they have kept my passport as well as current BRP card. Can someone please tell me if this is normal or it happens in many cases. How long do i have to wait?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Exp talent - delay in stage 2

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Thought you were on tier 2 and applying for an extension after getting a new Cos for a change in job with the same employer??

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1713097
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:30 pm

That switching case i posted was on my wife's behalf who is on tier 2 general main applicant. I am on tier 2 ICT and switching to tier 1 exceptional talent within UK. Please help.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:32 pm

ramgoel123 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm
Hi,

I have cleared stage of tier 1 exceptional talent visa under digital technology. I received endorsement letter from homeoffice on 5th November. I booked premium service appointment at Croydon center for 28th Nov. Submitted necessary documents and waited whole day. In the evening, i was handed a letter mentioning that my application is valid but needs further enquires hence decision can not be made. They will contact me when decision will be made and no timeline is given. I am really worried as they have kept my passport as well as current BRP card. Can someone please tell me if this is normal or it happens in many cases. How long do i have to wait?
That can happen. It is difficult to say how long you will have to wait
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 pm

What type of enquires they do? I already have endorsement from TechNation. Also there is hardly any documentation required for stage 2 hence i was hoping to be simple.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:38 pm

ramgoel123 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 pm
What type of enquires they do? I already have endorsement from TechNation. Also there is hardly any documentation required for stage 2 hence i was hoping to be simple.
Difficult to say. Most probably it will have to do with your current visa and compliance to the conditions of the visa.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Can i call them and check the status as i applied under premium service and it is already more than 1 week. Letter the gave mentions not to call or write to them as it can delay the process. I am really worried.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:48 pm

ramgoel123 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Can i call them and check the status as i applied under premium service and it is already more than 1 week. Letter the gave mentions not to call or write to them as it can delay the process. I am really worried.
You can try but from what others have posted here, it hardly makes a difference.

Do you have any reason to be worried. If you were on Tier 2 ICT it should normally be nothing to worry about.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 pm

I am worried as i have seen other posts where it has taken 2-3 months for homeoffice to make decision and some cases they reject it without giving proper reasoning. Most of those cases are for ILR but i am still anxious. Does being on ICT makes my case stronger? Also, i will not be able to make any business trip as my passport is kept by them.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Please answer if i need to worry about refusal of my visa?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 pm

ramgoel123 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 pm
I am worried as i have seen other posts where it has taken 2-3 months for homeoffice to make decision and some cases they reject it without giving proper reasoning. Most of those cases are for ILR but i am still anxious. Does being on ICT makes my case stronger? Also, i will not be able to make any business trip as my passport is kept by them.
I am yet to come across rejections where they don't give proper reasoning. Whether someone agrees or disagrees with the reasoning is a different matter. And if you disagree, you will be given an opportunity to go for an administrative review.

In short, nothing to be gained by worrying. You just need to take it one step at a time.

As I asked before - is there any reason that you are aware of that could be a cause for rejection ? If so, you can start taking some corrective actions. Otherwise, just wait.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Thank.you marknath for your replies. I dont have any reason as such for refusal. Just that when i hear about cases were decision is delayed for 2-3 months....i start getting worried. I think i just need to relax and wait for good news.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Hello, received letter from homeoffice to send original Degree certificate for them to further consider my case. This is strange as they have nit mentioned degree certificate under required documents list. I dont have any issue in sending same but checking if this is common for home office to ask for document.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Anyone has any clue why i am asked to send degree certificate when it is not in the list of required document?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:02 pm

ramgoel123 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:51 pm
Anyone has any clue why i am asked to send degree certificate when it is not in the list of required document?
HO can ask for any question or documents and they routinely do so.

It could be anything that has triggered it - from a CW who just wants to tick a box to maybe someone else from your university who did fraud before.

People on this forum are unlikely to able to know the reasons and if someone gives you a reason, they are just guessing.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:10 pm

I still dont have decision from HO on my application. It has been 10 working days since I submitted my application under premium service which generally means decision on same day. I calledup HO heldesk number. In response, i got an email stating that my application us still under service time limit hence i need to wait. Can anyone please suggest what are service timelines? I am very anxious....please help.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Any views from anyone on my above post? My anxiety is increasing with each passing day !!

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Marcnath - your views please.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:17 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 pm
ramgoel123 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 pm
I am yet to come across rejections where they don't give proper reasoning. Whether someone agrees or disagrees with the reasoning is a different matter. And if you disagree, you will be given an opportunity to go for an administrative review.

In short, nothing to be gained by worrying. You just need to take it one step at a time.

As I asked before - is there any reason that you are aware of that could be a cause for rejection ? If so, you can start taking some corrective actions. Otherwise, just wait.
ramgoel123 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:08 pm
Marcnath - your views please.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi, after long wait, received new BRP along with all originals. Its a very big relief for me and ny family as i have succesfully switched from ICT to Tier 1 visa. Thanks Marcnath for your valuable support in this forum.