ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for British Citizenship with new service (Sopra Steria)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wallace72
Newly Registered
Italy

Apply for British Citizenship with new service (Sopra Steria)

Post by Wallace72 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm an EEU citizen, married with a British citizen for almost 1 year, and I'm about to apply for British Citizenship by naturalisation by using the new Sopra Steria service.

I have few questions:

1. Apparently they need my wife's passport. Is it enough to upload it or I have to bring the original at the appointment, and in that case shall my wife be present or I can just bring her passport with me?

2. They claims they will return the passport (and all the original documentation) straight away. If this is the case, can I travel with my passport before I receive the result of my application? (We have a planned journey outside the UK for February 2019).

3. How much is the Document Scanning service? The website ( https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail ) does not mention it.

Thank you in advance.
W

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Apply for British Citizenship with new service (Sopra Steria)

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Wallace72 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:25 pm
I'm an EEU citizen, married with a British citizen for almost 1 year, and I'm about to apply for British Citizenship by naturalisation by using the new Sopra Steria service.

I have few questions:

1. Apparently they need my wife's passport. Is it enough to upload it or I have to bring the original at the appointment, and in that case shall my wife be present or I can just bring her passport with me? I suppose best to upload and take with you to the appointment - wife doesn't need to be present.

2. They claims they will return the passport (and all the original documentation) straight away. If this is the case, can I travel with my passport before I receive the result of my application? (We have a planned journey outside the UK for February 2019). Yes travel is ok, though you might receive your decision letter and ceremony invitation whilst you are away.

3. How much is the Document Scanning service? The website ( https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail ) does not mention it. Can't answer this.

Thank you in advance.
W
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Wallace72
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Wallace72 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 am

Hi thank you very much for your reply! That's very helpful.
Regards
W

doctorgo
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by doctorgo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:08 am

Wallace72 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:25 pm

I have few questions:

1. Apparently they need my wife's passport. Is it enough to upload it or I have to bring the original at the appointment, and in that case shall my wife be present or I can just bring her passport with me?

2. They claims they will return the passport (and all the original documentation) straight away. If this is the case, can I travel with my passport before I receive the result of my application? (We have a planned journey outside the UK for February 2019).

3. How much is the Document Scanning service? The website ( https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail ) does not mention it.

Thank you in advance.
W
Hi there. I am also EU married to Brit and am in the process of applying for citizenship. Can you please tell me what was the list of documents they required from you?
Also how long did it take you to book the Steria service after you submitted your application? I also would like to know if they returned the passports to you once you went to Steria. Don't see why they would need the original.

Wallace72
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Wallace72 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:38 pm

doctorgo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:08 am
Hi there. I am also EU married to Brit and am in the process of applying for citizenship. Can you please tell me what was the list of documents they required from you?
Hi, this is what they asked in the online application:

English B1 Certificate
Life in the uk certificate
My wife passport (all the pages)
Marriage Certificate
2 References (1 british at least 25yo, 1 Professional)
UK Permanent Residence Card
Proof that I lived in the uk for the last 3 years (I will upload a letter from my employer, P60s and payslips)
doctorgo wrote:
Also how long did it take you to book the Steria service after you submitted your application? I also would like to know if they returned the passports to you once you went to Steria. Don't see why they would need the original.
I did not book the steria service yet. I will problably book it after christmas. I'll keep the forum updated.

W

doctorgo
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by doctorgo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Wallace72 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:38 pm
doctorgo wrote:
Hi, this is what they asked in the online application:

English B1 Certificate
Life in the uk certificate
My wife passport (all the pages)
Marriage Certificate
2 References (1 british at least 25yo, 1 Professional)
UK Permanent Residence Card
Proof that I lived in the uk for the last 3 years (I will upload a letter from my employer, P60s and payslips)
doctorgo wrote:
I did not book the steria service yet. I will problably book it after christmas. I'll keep the forum updated.

W
So let me understand. Once you finish the online application, it doesn’t automatically get sent to Home Office?
You print the application and then you take it to Steria who will submit it with the rest of docs to the Home Office?

At what point do you pay the naturalisation fee?

Also did you try to see if any Steria appointments are available? And if so when are they available and how much do they cost?

Wallace72
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Wallace72 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:11 am

doctorgo wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:23 pm
So let me understand. Once you finish the online application, it doesn’t automatically get sent to Home Office?
You print the application and then you take it to Steria who will submit it with the rest of docs to the Home Office?

At what point do you pay the naturalisation fee?

Also did you try to see if any Steria appointments are available? And if so when are they available and how much do they cost?
It works like this:

You start the online application on https://www.gov.uk/
You can save and resume your application at anytime
At the end of the appilcation process you pay the fee and you are transfered to sopra steria
You upload you documents
You book an appointment in a steria centre

I just finished to then online application, but I didn't pay the fee yet. Until I don't pay I cannot go further, so I cannot answer your questions.

Here detailed info about this process.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/wp-cont ... erpack.pdf

Regards

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:17 pm

Dear All,

Today I attended my appointment at Croydon.

The UKVCAS centre is at a different location than HO building and is located at bell point few mins walk away from Croydon east station.

Staff was very welcoming and helpful. After security checks, we have been asked to go on First floor where we were checked in by scanning our QR codes present on Appointment Confirmation letter. They also scanned info page of my passport. Then I have been asked to go in a booth where I did my biometrics and picture.

Then was asked to wait in the lobby. After 10 min wait , one person took me to ground floor for document verification. The lady asked me for following documents

1- Proof of application
2- Passport
3- Proof of identity ( Passport)
4- Two referee letters
5- LIUK test certificate
6- BRP

I told her that I have already uploaded all these documents on the website. She checked and confirmed that she has found all the documents. Even then she scanned by Passports again including Referee docs and BRP.

I also told her that I have uploaded some additional documents including Marriage certificate and English Language test which she confirmed she found in her records.

My wife was asked the same documents except for one unexpected request from her i.e to provide a proof of address for her. Luckily, I had a utility bill which I provided to her. She then asked for my approval to submit the application which I provided her.

I was out from the centre in an hour time without any issues or hassle. The staff there has no idea about submitting the passport application at the same time, therefore, presumably, it is not possible any more. Also, they were unable to provide any timelines for decision as it still lies with HO and UKVCAS is just a layer between application and HO for docs verification and submission.

I will keep you informed on the outcome. Thanks all for your help.

Ahmad

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience.

In the online application, it asks for details about the referees. In addition to this, does one have to take letters from the referees too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:21 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:15 pm
Thanks for sharing your experience.

In the online application, it asks for details about the referees. In addition to this, does one have to take letters from the referees too?
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:36 pm

irfanahmad186 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:17 pm
Dear All,

The UKVCAS centre is at a different location than HO building and is located at bell point few mins walk away from Croydon east station.

Staff was very welcoming and helpful. After security checks, we have been asked to go on First floor where we were checked in by scanning our QR codes present on Appointment Confirmation letter. They also scanned info page of my passport. Then I have been asked to go in a booth where I did my biometrics and picture.

Then was asked to wait in the lobby. After 10 min wait , one person took me to ground floor for document verification. The lady asked me for following documents

1- Proof of application
2- Passport
4- Two referee letters
5- LIUK test certificate
6- BRP

Ahmad
The post here says that the lady at the Croydon asked for Two referee letters.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:36 pm
irfanahmad186 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:17 pm
Dear All,

1- Proof of application
2- Passport
4- Two referee letters
5- LIUK test certificate
6- BRP

Ahmad
The post here says that the lady at the Croydon asked for Two referee letters.
1. You really should keep your queries in your own topic you already have.

2. That likely refers to the 2 pages of the form each referee signs as they can only sign it once printed. There is NO separate letter required!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.