ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madarthis
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by madarthis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 am

Soleil20 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:49 pm
i submitted the following documents
-application online
- Marriage certificate
- our join bank statement from Belgium
- 10 pictures of us
- some WhatsApp chat
- history of calls in September
- is card from Belgium
- my son Id and birth certificate he is a Belgian
- our Uk rental agreement in both our names
-spouse 2 month pay slip
- Uk utility bills
- job contract
- Uk bank statement
- NI certificate
- spouse EEA passport
That is all we submitted we made a mistake on online application and we decided to write a cover letter explaining to telling them the mistake and rectification.i hope this helps someone out there
Hello
did You submit just one bank statement?
kind regards

Omarshikheey
Newly Registered

Post by Omarshikheey » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:24 am

madarthis wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:08 am
Hello everyone

I have seen someone already asking about it but without clear answer

I am Polish national living and working in UK for past 12 years and in current employment for 5 years
My wife is Chinese and we got married in february this year

although according to the family permit requirements on Home Office visa it says there is no money requirements for me i have noticed that it seems like bank statements are necessary :(
I have a letter from my employer clearly stating length of my employment, that its permanent, yearly income of 19K+ etc
i also have all the wage slips and p60s
each wage slip states method of payment as BACS so it clearly tells I have money transferred to my account

what i am concerned is the bank statement
i have been in significant overdraft since september due to several expences travelling costs etc

so my question is as follows
does NOT providing bank statements affects my wifes application ? is it necessary?
plus my bank refuses issuing stamped statement and i only recently thought of reactivating my paper statements
according to EU law on which grounds I am applying for EEA Family permit
i do exercise my rights (work ) and we have both polish and european version of our marriage certificate.

can anyone please help ?
any similar situation?
i can provide my email to clarify all details
kind regards

You will be fine. They just want to see the wages going into the bank.

madarthis
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by madarthis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:32 am

Omarshikheey wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:24 am
madarthis wrote:
Hello everyone

I am Polish national living and working in UK for past 12 years and in current employment for 5 years

although according to the family permit requirements on Home Office visa it says there is no money requirements for me i have noticed that it seems like bank statements are necessary :(
I have a letter from my employer clearly stating length of my employment, that its permanent, yearly income of 19K+ etc
each wage slip states method of payment as BACS so it clearly tells I have money transferred to my account

i have been in significant overdraft since september due to several expences travelling costs etc

does NOT providing bank statements affects my wifes application ? is it necessary?
plus my bank refuses issuing stamped statement and i only recently thought of reactivating my paper statements
i do exercise my rights (work ) and we have both polish and european version of our marriage certificate.

can anyone please help ?
any similar situation?
kind regards

will one bank statement be enough?

madarthis
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by madarthis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:34 am

where else would they go anyway in BACS payment method...
plus i would rather not reveal a few bets ;)

Omarshikheey
Newly Registered

Post by Omarshikheey » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:29 pm

madarthis wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:32 am
Omarshikheey wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:24 am
madarthis wrote:
Hello everyone

can anyone please help ?
any similar situation?
kind regards

will one bank statement be enough?
Do you have permanent residence card ? If you do if I'm right you don't have to show any bank statement or payslip. If you don't don't have you need 3 months of each pay slip and bank statement most recent ones when you submit the application.

madarthis
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by madarthis » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 am

I dont have permanent residence card although as EU have been here for twelve years so a resident here by title but with no PR card :)
so my thought was actually similar
if I provide for 6 months worth payslips (which actually state BACS as a payment method) only most recent bank statement should be enough if it's about proving I don't obtain any benefit money and all wages go through my bank account :)

pranab0077

Post by pranab0077 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:06 am

Hi Enka
Can you update your processing regarding the Family permit, please?
I'd also like to bring my parents from India But they were refused for a visit visa.
So, how long should I send money to show that they are dependant on me as I'm an
EEA national.

Thanks again to share again your experience and advise.

Dewan
Enka2018 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 pm
Selina1 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:21 am
Mourning,
I nead a bit of device if any one can help me plz .I applied standard visit visa for my mom in 2015 it's been refused .they point out just one thing ,we r not satisfied she will go to her country . Bcz we didn't submit any kind of document from pakistan bank statement or any other . now I'm planning to apply again visa for her bcz no one is in the Pakistan to help her she is 56 year old and never worked she is fully deepened on me I'm sending money her regularly since 2014 .I'm marride to EEA nation and holds parmant residence card .and we both working .I read some where on this forum FP would be an easier way ,for that reason .
Any device will be greatly appreciated
Hi Selina,

I am going to apply for my parents in law also. I am EEA national married Indian-non eea national.
Best way is to spply for EEA permit for dependent parent. It is bit tricky but in case of success it is best option. You have to wait for 6 month bank transfers to show your mum is dependent on you /financial dependency/.

funnycute20
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by funnycute20 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you our timeline for the FP. I am a romanian citizen, married with an indian citizen. I recently moved to UK, so I was still in India with my husband when he applied for the FP. We applied at Mumbai North VFS Global and initially they said that it can take anywhere between 30 and 60 working days. But...

Application Submitted Online: 03.11.2018
Appointment Date: 12.11.2018
Application received at the UKVI Decision Making Centre: 14.11.2018
Visa Stamp: 23.11.2018
Passport Ready to collect: 28.11.2018 and collected 2 days later, on 30.11.2018

We are very happy that we got it so fast and easy. We submitted every possible document to proove our relationship and also documents to show that I already obtained a job in the UK and my husband will join me in a few weeks. We hope that all of you will get it as well. 🙂

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:57 am

pranab0077 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:06 am
Hi Enka
Can you update your processing regarding the Family permit, please?
I'd also like to bring my parents from India But they were refused for a visit visa.
So, how long should I send money to show that they are dependant on me as I'm an
EEA national.

Thanks again to share again your experience and advise.

Dewan
Enka2018 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 pm
Selina1 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:21 am
Mourning,
I nead a bit of device if any one can help me plz .I applied standard visit visa for my mom in 2015 it's been refused .they point out just one thing ,we r not satisfied she will go to her country . Bcz we didn't submit any kind of document from pakistan bank statement or any other . now I'm planning to apply again visa for her bcz no one is in the Pakistan to help her she is 56 year old and never worked she is fully deepened on me I'm sending money her regularly since 2014 .I'm marride to EEA nation and holds parmant residence card .and we both working .I read some where on this forum FP would be an easier way ,for that reason .
Any device will be greatly appreciated
Hi Selina,

I am going to apply for my parents in law also. I am EEA national married Indian-non eea national.
Best way is to spply for EEA permit for dependent parent. It is bit tricky but in case of success it is best option. You have to wait for 6 month bank transfers to show your mum is dependent on you /financial dependency/.
Hi Dewan,

You need to show at least 6 months bank transfers, also you need to show evidence of expenses of your parents- how they use money you send to them. (food, utility bills, medical expenses, car etc.). Their bank statements- they should not have savings in their account. In case they have any property that is considered to be fine, because for this EEA they have right to own property without need to sell. Immigration cannot ask them to sell. I am going to apply next month, because also I am waiting to comete this 6 month period. I will keep you updated :)

priyankadasssaharia5
Newly Registered
India

Post by priyankadasssaharia5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:22 am

Hey. In the advent of Brexit talks in the UK is anyone facing delays with the Permit application.

My time line is as follows with location as VFS New Delhi (India) -
Biometric - 27 November 2018
Forwarded Email - 30 November 2018
Inquiry to UKVI on status made on 7 December 2018 and 10 December 2018. Both times they sent a generic email that Visa is getting processed.
It's been 8 working days if one counts 30 November (the date of reception)

Any leads? Thanks much and Happy Christmas :)

johnfm
Newly Registered
Australia

Application under Regulation 11(4)

Post by johnfm » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:10 pm

I've just submitted an application for an EEA Family Permit on the basis of my husband's Greek citizenship (I'm Australian/US), but we've made the application using alternative evidence of his citizenship (no passport or national ID card). Regulation 11(4) of the EEA Regulations allows people to prove their citizenship by other means. Does anybody else have experience with this, and how long it takes to process?

Some background: I was unexpectedly offered a job in the UK, but because of the nature of position the company couldn't sponsor my visa. My husband was born in Australia to Greek parent, and is a citizen, but Greece requires people to go through a lengthy registration process. My husband and I had started the process, but the Greek bureaucracy is notoriously bad and can take years.

We were able to get his birth registration and family certificate (the Greek equivalents of a citizenship certificate), but he can't get his Greek ID card and passport until they process his exemption from mandatory military service. Because this could take months, and I'm meant to start my job at the end of January, we decided to press on without a passport/ID card. I submitted the application yesterday, with priority processing, but am nervous that it might be delayed or even rejected.

tl;dr Applied for EEA family permit using only a citizenship certificate, wondering how long application will take and what the issues might be

Luciaferrer
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Luciaferrer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Hello, your information has helped me a lot
I have a question, if you are not married, what papers did you present to justify your time as a couple?
Please thank me for helping me with that answer

Hi guys,

I have been reading this forum avidly over the past few months and wanted to give you an insight to my timeline of rejection and eventual acceptance and help answer any questions if I can.

For reference I am the EEA Family member and my partner (non-married but living together for three years) is an EU Citizen.

I firstly applied in February and was rejected with documents and passport returned inside 18 business days. I forgot to include his passport - silly me. We reapplied and I paid the priority fee. I was promised a decision would be made within 5 business days. This was not the case, however.

Here is the timeline:

24/03/2018 Application received by decision making centre
27/03/2018 biometrics
28/03/2018 Confirmation of supporting documents received email.
08/04/2018 called UK Immigration paid service call centre - was told no decision had been made and to wait longer despite paying priority fee.
10/04/2018 received all my documents back via mail except for my current passport and older passports and had been told these were sent off to a processing centre.
16/04/2017 called UK Immigration paid service call centre - was told there was no decision made, and to call back that Wednesday if I had heard nothing via email.
18/04/2018 called UK Immigration paid service call centre - was finally allowed to escalate my case.
25/04/2018 received an email from UK immigration saying a decision had been made on 18 April 2018. No other information. Information of refusal or acceptance not available online.
26/04/2018 passport arrived with EEA Family Member Visa acceptance. 🍾❤️🎉

From our initial application in February through to today it took approximately 2.5 months. Definitely not the 15 business days we were told. However, we are ecstatic! I have been missing my partner like crazy and we finally get to be reunited!!! Can’t wait :)!!!

Will definitely be back on here to get advice about the next steps for the 5 year visa once I’m in the UK next week. For now, I can finally sleep again. This insomnia and deep dread/worry has been all consuming.
[/quote]

priyankadasssaharia5
Newly Registered
India

Post by priyankadasssaharia5 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:25 am

Here's my timeline and it seems there are no Brexit/Holiday season delays. This was my second application after refusal for minor inadequate documentation.

27 November - Biometrics
30 November - Received at UKVI
10 December - Decision Made and Visa Stamped
14 December - Received Passport with FP stamped.

7 working days counting 30/11/2018 and 10/12/2018. Happy Christmas all :)

bawbags
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by bawbags » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:12 pm

hi everyone, i am new here but been following this forum for 5 months as i want to applying for an EEA Family Permit.
we're same sex married couple, i am non EEA National (Indonesia) and my husband is British. We live and work in Switzerland since Dec 2017. He had a working B permit and i have Residence Permit B (Family Permit B of an EU citizen).
We were thinking to go to UK this christmas.
My question is:
1) if i can travel to UK without visa but my Switzerland Family Permit B. (i travel with my husband)
2) is Switzerland Family Permit B (of an EU citizen) is a valid Article 10 Residence Card ? (https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/indo ... ourism/yes)

i really want to know what you guys knows about this case

ahmad123321
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by ahmad123321 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am

hello everyone,
I hope everyone is good. I have a question if someone can answer me pleaseeee

I submit my documents with VFS Islamabad on 17/12/2018 for EEA FAMILY PERMITS while submitting my documents the guy scanned my documents with digitalized scanner. the guy who scanned my documents returned my marriage certificate and my TB certificate plus my application form.

is it normal to return these documents ? I don't know if he put my documents in sequences , I am so worried. :cry:

please someone answer me I will be appreciated.

zafran1
Iran

Post by zafran1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:09 am

ahmad123321 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am
hello everyone,

I submit my documents with VFS Islamabad on 17/12/2018 for EEA FAMILY PERMITS while submitting my documents the guy scanned my documents with digitalized scanner. the guy who scanned my documents returned my marriage certificate and my TB certificate plus my application form.

is it normal to return these documents ? I don't know if he put my documents in sequences , I am so worried. :cry:

Yes. Quite normal. I had the same experience with the application for EEA FP made yesterday.
BTW i need to go on a holiday end of Jan and it looks like the timeline may be too tight. Anyone knows as to how to get the passport returned and how long it takes. Just in case.

ahmad123321
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by ahmad123321 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:48 am

thank you so much for your reply
zafran1 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:09 am
ahmad123321 wrote:
hello everyone,

Yes. Quite normal. I had the same experience with the application for EEA FP made yesterday.
BTW i need to go on a holiday end of Jan and it looks like the timeline may be too tight. Anyone knows as to how to get the passport returned and how long it takes. Just in case.

Omarshikheey
Newly Registered

Post by Omarshikheey » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:44 pm

zafran1 wrote:
ahmad123321 wrote:
hello everyone,

You should get before end of Jan. Your passport. They are doing it fairly quick now the eea applications.

ahmad123321
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by ahmad123321 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:58 pm

thank you Omarshikheey.
I hope to get a positive answer from them.
Omarshikheey wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:44 pm
zafran1 wrote:
ahmad123321 wrote:
hello everyone,

You should get before end of Jan. Your passport. They are doing it fairly quick now the eea applications.

James0
Newly Registered
India

Post by James0 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:30 am

priyankadasssaharia5 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:25 am
Here's my timeline and it seems there are no Brexit/Holiday season delays. This was my second application after refusal for minor inadequate documentation.

27 November - Biometrics
30 November - Received at UKVI
10 December - Decision Made and Visa Stamped
14 December - Received Passport with FP stamped.

7 working days counting 30/11/2018 and 10/12/2018. Happy Christmas all :)

Hello. mine was refused recently. What was your minor inconvenience?

madarthis
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by madarthis » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:15 am

Can anyone please tell me as I am struggling here and panicking.
Can I submit all documents ? As they go to Sheffield anyway. I am not sure if my wife needs to send docs there and me my part here. Or all the docs should be submitted by one person.
She has been advised to send all to me so I can submit.
Is it true?
I'm guessing she'd still have fill application
Book appointment and submit her passport somehow?

I am Polish living In UK
My wife is Chinese. Married In February2018

How to arrange all documents?
I have so far:
2-3 month bank statements (recent ones though with overdraft used to maximum 2,5k:( )
Half a year pay slips
Statement from employer(more than 5 years for same)
I can provide some cards she sent me with wishes
Photos from our travels together
I can provide a statement from my mum she has met and known my wife for 5 years
We can write our love stories of our relationship how it evolved
I could try to print some records from wechat (Chinese equivalent of messenger)

What else should I require to avoid infamous
Minor inadequacies?
Feel free to pm me
I can provide my mail or phone if that's allowed

We would plan to bring her to UK by our anniversary 24/02 Or definitely by the Brexit.
I'm planning to go to China to pick her and travel together
I'm in UK all the time by the way

I'd appreciate precise answer
If You can recommend any lawyer or agent in Edinburgh or Glasgow area I'd appreciate that too

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:40 am

madarthis wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:15 am
Can anyone please tell me as I am struggling here and panicking.
Can I submit all documents ? As they go to Sheffield anyway. I am not sure if my wife needs to send docs there and me my part here. Or all the docs should be submitted by one person.
She has been advised to send all to me so I can submit.
Is it true?
I'm guessing she'd still have fill application
Book appointment and submit her passport somehow?

I am Polish living In UK
My wife is Chinese. Married In February2018

How to arrange all documents?
I have so far:
2-3 month bank statements (recent ones though with overdraft used to maximum 2,5k:( )
Half a year pay slips
Statement from employer(more than 5 years for same)
I can provide some cards she sent me with wishes
Photos from our travels together
I can provide a statement from my mum she has met and known my wife for 5 years
We can write our love stories of our relationship how it evolved
I could try to print some records from wechat (Chinese equivalent of messenger)

What else should I require to avoid infamous
Minor inadequacies?
Feel free to pm me
I can provide my mail or phone if that's allowed

We would plan to bring her to UK by our anniversary 24/02 Or definitely by the Brexit.
I'm planning to go to China to pick her and travel together
I'm in UK all the time by the way

I'd appreciate precise answer
If You can recommend any lawyer or agent in Edinburgh or Glasgow area I'd appreciate that too
1. You don't have access to the privilege of the PM function yet. Also note that the forum members are all strangers and general public (all unpaid volunteers) and not necessarily qualified immigration advisors.

2. Posting of personal contact information on the forum is not permitted for your own safety. We have many scammers and spammera who visit the forum every day.

3. Members are not permitted to post names and details of lawyers or recommendations on the forum.

4. You have also posted all your queries in this general discussion thread that not many members look at anymore. You would likely get better responses to your queries if you posted and started your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

madarthis
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by madarthis » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:40 am

I am aware of this and also would love Your help how to start new topic

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:41 am

madarthis wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:40 am
I am aware of this and also would love Your help how to start new topic
Click the "new topic" icon top left of the EEA sub forum page, ie not while in a topic or thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nomignomeo
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by nomignomeo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:03 am

Hey everyone!

I am going to be applying for the EEA Family Permit quite shortly and I want to make sure that I have everything. But here are a few questions that I have:

1. I have noticed that a lot of people have printed out THOUSANDS of pages of conversation between them and their partner. My husband and I undoubtedly message every day and thus I strongly believe it isn't necessary to show EVERYTHING. Has anyone used less?

2. Would it be okay to show proof of purchasing flight tickets in my bank statements rather than the actual plane tickets? I've been trying to search for the plane tickets in my emails and have had no luck.

My husband and I really want to get this right the first time and not have any problems. Any advice would help!

PS. I am American and my husband is a EU Citizen living in the UK.