ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling to India on British passport without surrendering indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sierra82
Newly Registered

travelling to India on British passport without surrendering indian passport

Post by Sierra82 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:01 am

Hi all,

Could one of the experts help me with a query please.
We got our naturalisation certification in Aug 13 2018.
However we got passports only in Oct last week.
We are having to travel to India in Dec last week.
We are thinking of travelling to India on British passport + e-visaJust wanted to know, if this will incur any penalitiesWe will not be using indian passport anywhere.
We will surrender indian passports after coming back to UK in jan - if this will incur any penalities?
I want to surrender my passport - however no appointments are available before Jan.
Please advice the best way to deal with this scenario.

Thanks

supernova

Re: travelling to India on British passport without surrendering indian passport

Post by supernova » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:55 pm

British passport + e-visa is the correct route. I have traveled with my family and not used Indian passport. No issues whatsoever.

drpbalaji1960

Re: travelling to India on British passport without surrendering indian passport

Post by drpbalaji1960 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi
u won't have issues travelling to india. but when u want to surrender the indian passport there will penalty which needs to be paid.

process is that u will submit the indian passport for surrender to the vfs and it will go to the embassy and u'll get a call from vfs asking u to pay the penalty and only after that u'll get ur surrender certificate of indian passport.

hops this helps as i went through the same process.