ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LOST BRP BUT TRAVELLING IN 10 DAYS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monetamo321
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

LOST BRP BUT TRAVELLING IN 10 DAYS

Post by monetamo321 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:26 pm

I lost my BRP around a month ago and was hoping that I could get it back. Seemed like I couldn't so I just reported lost and reapplied for one. I was wondering if I could exit/enter the country without my BRP. I'm currently holding a Hong Kong passport which doesn't require a VISA to UK.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: LOST BRP BUT TRAVELLING IN 10 DAYS

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm

monetamo321 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:26 pm
I was wondering if I could exit/enter the country without my BRP.
You can leave the UK without a BRP.

To re-enter the UK, you will need a BRP. If the replacement BRP arrives while you are away, and you can trust someone to sign for it and send it to you wherever you are, you can do that if you wish. Otherwise, you will need to apply for a single-use BRP visa that you can use in order re-enter the UK. To do this, follow UKCISA's guidance for people who lose their BRP outside the UK:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6156

You also might want to alert the Home Office to not deliver it while you are away, as this university suggests to its students:

https://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/guides/i ... -can-i-do/

You might want to speak directly to the international student adviser at your own university for their advice too.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.