ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu National PR-worker with top up benefits

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Linben123

Eu National PR-worker with top up benefits

Post by Linben123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi there, I have been filling in the PR online form and have a question regarding the part of the form where you need to declare public funds claimed. I am a European national who is practising her treaty rights through work ( mostly full time). I have all the documentation for 5 years to provide the the HO with. I have also been a single parent and have claimed top up benefits, such as Tax credits and Housing benefit. Can they refuse my PR application because of this? I am really keen to hear back from someone that can advice me in this. Many thanks Lin

secret.simon

Re: Eu National PR-worker with top up benefits

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm

No, your PR cannot be refused if you have worked "genuinely and effectively" for five continuous years, even if you have claimed benefits.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Linben123

Post by Linben123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks very much, that is what I have though as well. I worked mostly full time, but there was a year when I only had part-time work, I hope that they will not object to that

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 am

dont worry. we was claiming child tax credit last 3 years and wife works part time also (last 3 yrs). we both got pr in 1 month. no issue at all.

Linben123

Post by Linben123 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Thanks a lot! I am happy to hear that! All our papers are ready, I will just get on with it.