ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help applying indian passport renewal from London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skum

help applying indian passport renewal from London

Post by skum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:15 am

hello
my indian passport is expiring next month.

I started filling up the application but bit confused

- my current passport ( issued from London) has Indian address in it.
should I change it to UK address?

- do I need to fill up whole online form to take appointment?

- what are the timelines for London? it is better to apply for tatkal passport?

Many thanks!!!

srsw

Re: help applying indian passport renewal from London

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:48 pm

skum wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:15 am

- my current passport ( issued from London) has Indian address in it.
should I change it to UK address?

No, you need to keep it same unless your Indian address has changed.

- do I need to fill up whole online form to take appointment?

No, appointment system is different to passport system so you can book appointment. You need to fill the passport application before you go to the centre though.

- what are the timelines for London? it is better to apply for tatkal passport?

Check consular website for timelines. It shouldn't take long but if you have travel plans then Tatkal is an option.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

skum

Post by skum » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:06 am

Many thanks for reply.

Do I need to provide address proof of my indian address (which is currently on my passport)?
I have indian driving licence and pan card with me here.
I do recieve bank statements in Indian address. Do I need those?

and anyone knows the timeline for renewal of passport in London?

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 am

You need to submit your old passport so no further address proof necessary. But if you have other proofs just take them with you as a backup.

Indian bank statements not necessary.

But do read their checklist and any annexure docs you may need to submit. Some info I saved previously below:

New & Renewed Passports will be delivered by Post/Courier only once ready. Applicants are required to provide Two self-addressed return envelopes (Royal Mail Special Next Day Delivery, Silver, tamper proof envelope only) or seek information from the advisor at the application centre for courier services.

Four colour photographs of size 2 inch X 2 inch with white/off white background are required to be enclosed. Paste one photograph on the application form and hand over the others in an envelope with the application at the centre. The Indian passport, requiring re-issue, needs to be submitted with the application. The applicant also needs to produce document (valid visa/ILR) to prove that he or she has valid landing rights/ stay permit in the UK.

Re-issue of Passport on expiry or up to one year before expiry (having a valid Visa):
The current or recently expired Indian passport along with the self-attested photocopies of the Bio Page (photo page), last page with the address & observation page, if any observations have been noted, or any other visa page with any observation details should also be provided.

Residence Permit (card) wherever applicable needs.to be enclosed along with self-attested photocopies

If the applicant is married and his/her spouse name is not entered in the passport, he/she should submit a self-attested photocopy of marriage certificate and self-attested photocopies of Passport of the applicant’s spouse (original Passport & marriage certificate to be submitted at the time of application) for adding spouse name in the new passport. Please refer to the Addition/Deletion of Spouse name

This is a mandatory requirement; applicants who do not have their spouse’s name endorsed on their passport, should carry the above mentioned documents (self-attested photocopy of marriage certificate, self-attested photocopies of Passport of the applicant’s spouse, along with the original Passport & marriage certificate) when applying to renew their Indian Passport

For passports that expired for up to one year, a self-explanatory letter as to why the passport was not renewed in time needs to be submitted.

Change of address in the passport:
The current Passport having valid Visa or Residence Permit is required to be enclosed with self-attested photocopies of pages containing detailed passport particulars, Visa page and the page containing observation (s), if any. In case the latest Passport is additional booklet(s) issued to the original Passport, the additional booklet(s) plus the original Passport must be furnished.
Documents establishing new address in the form of utility bills, latest monthly bank statements, property papers etc.
In some cases, clearance/verification is required from the Indian authorities. Processing time would be around MINIMUM 4-6 weeks.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

skum

Post by skum » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:50 pm

many thanks!

anyone who has applied recently for passport renewal? processing time? my current passport is issued from London and I am not changing any info on it.

psyk89
Newly Registered
India

Post by psyk89 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:05 am

All - I applied for passport reissue since it is expiring and also my spouse's name isn't in it, on the 27th of September 2019. Today it's 14th of October 2019 (11th working day), and I still have no update from anywhere. I'm getting slightly nervous since I have tickets for India for 24th of October 2019. Is there a way to speed things up/get old passport back? Should I visit HCI London for anything?

Appreciate any help on this.

Parth.