ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Tourist VISA for Indian passport holder in UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jasminedutta

Schengen Tourist VISA for Indian passport holder in UK

Post by Jasminedutta » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi,

I am holding ILR visa and my husband holds dependent visa. He used to used to work as a permanent employee with an Indian IT company previously but has quit his job 3 months back.

Since last 3 months he is working as an individual IT contractor and opened a private limited company for the same. We’ve holidays planned and we’re applying for Schengen Visa. Now with own private limited company, what are the documents required for applying tourist Schengen visa?
Can you advise on the same, please. Thank you.

IJOS

Re: Schengen Tourist VISA for Indian passport holder in UK

Post by IJOS » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

What country are you travelling to in the Schengen? Go to their website and you will see a list of requiremnts.

secret.simon

Re: Schengen Tourist VISA for Indian passport holder in UK

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:14 am

Holding an ILR visa does not give either you or him any special status within the EU. ILR is a purely domestic visa in the UK.

Your application would have the same requirements as if you were an ordinary Indian passport holder.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.