ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhcool
Newly Registered
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by bhcool » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:59 pm

sunnysakhi wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:46 pm
bhcool wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:07 pm
Hi All,

I just received update from my Lawyer that there is technical issues on the biometrics taken and hence there are delay in application as we can see for all especially who applied last week, if i get any further update i will let all know
Hi bhcool
May be this is the reason of delays. From where has your lawyer got this information.
I haven't asked him from where he got this info, most probably from some source/connection

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:00 pm

madihaali_304 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm
Quick update from me, called UKVI yesterday to ask for an update as my appointment was on 28 Nov and I hadn't heard back at all. The gentleman on the phone said that if I hadn't heard back by the end of the day, I should call back tomorrow.

As I sort of expected, I had no letter or email yesterday either so called back today and explained my situation. The lady on the phone took down my details and said I should hear back from them between 3 to 5 working days, which is appalling! Genuinely frustrated at how they're able to call this a super priority service...
Same thing with me. Called the HO helpline and similar thing.. after escalation they told me to wait for 3-5 days. Which is very frustrating and killing. It is very strange that the fee is similar as what used to be in Premium service centre and the service is so pathetic. There should be some other mechanism to address this issue. HO helpline is of no use and it is not providing any result.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:01 pm

bhcool wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:59 pm
sunnysakhi wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:46 pm
bhcool wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:07 pm
Hi All,

I just received update from my Lawyer that there is technical issues on the biometrics taken and hence there are delay in application as we can see for all especially who applied last week, if i get any further update i will let all know
Hi bhcool
May be this is the reason of delays. From where has your lawyer got this information.
I haven't asked him from where he got this info, most probably from some source/connection
Ok, Thanks.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:10 pm

manuelabe wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:18 pm
@Maelgrim

I paid £100 for the out of hours in SOPRA STERIA centre in Croydon on november 24th as the next appointment would be december 4th and i didnt want to wait as i have a christmas trip planned. Its now the 9th day after submission of biometrics and I have heard nothing. Have been checking my email like crazy and super anxious at work but now I am seeing that not many people are receiving emails. I dont know if i will receive my BPR before the 22nd when i travel!! But i would have thought so as i paid PRIORITY service and was sure I would get it in 10 days!

Will i get it all in one parcel or do i get a letter and then the BPR card on a different day ??
I hope and pray that you get positive result of your application well in time so that you can go for your Xmas holidays. I can understand your anxiousness, my wife was supposed to attend her brothers wedding, It looks she might have to cancel her travel plan. So much for Super Priority service....

FarooqShah86
Pakistan

Post by FarooqShah86 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:37 pm

Hello
I submitted online application for ilr via tier 2 General on Thursday last week. Then gave my biometrics and supporting documents last saturday in Cardiff. It was supposed to be a super priority service. haven’t heard anything back as yet. I have seen there are a few people on here in the same boat as me. Could you please let us know should you hear anything from the HO?

FarooqShah86
Pakistan

Post by FarooqShah86 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Cja 1234 and Madiha any updates guys?
thanks

cja_1234

Post by cja_1234 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm

FarooqShah86 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:41 pm
thanks
Nothing from me..... no communication whatsoever

norty109

Post by norty109 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Super priority is not working seems like as no one in last one week has posted any confirmation of decision on here. It's a mental torture. I have my appointment coming up but looks like it's going to be a long nerve wrecking wait after that even after paying super priority.

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 pm

FarooqShah86 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:41 pm
thanks
Nothing following my earlier phone call today - will update you guys as soon as I hear anything.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 pm

the DX courier 'live chat' seems to be not working at all - just to add to our sheer pleasure 8)

I've been asking them through private messages on Twitter. They'll check for you if you just give them your address, they'll let you know if there's anything on the way, although it seems like UKVI is the one having the problems so I doubt I'll even both asking them tomorrow unless I read of some on here getting emails/letters.

thakur786
Newly Registered
India

Post by thakur786 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm

sunnysakhi wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:00 pm
madihaali_304 wrote:
Quick update from me, called UKVI yesterday to ask for an update as my appointment was on 28 Nov and I hadn't heard back at all. The gentleman on the phone said that if I hadn't heard back by the end of the day, I should call back tomorrow.

As I sort of expected, I had no letter or email yesterday either so called back today and explained my situation. The lady on the phone took down my details and said I should hear back from them between 3 to 5 working days, which is appalling! Genuinely frustrated at how they're able to call this a super priority service...
Same thing with me. Called the HO helpline and similar thing.. after escalation they told me to wait for 3-5 days. Which is very frustrating and killing. It is very strange that the fee is similar as what used to be in Premium service centre and the service is so pathetic. There should be some other mechanism to address this issue. HO helpline is of no use and it is not providing any result.
I can understand your pain mate.
If they can't make their decision in 24 hours then of course it is not super priority service, is it?
I am pretty sure we are all educated to understand what they are actually doing and what should be happening with super priority applications.
Clearly they run a pilot project testing first and then went fully live but I feel they are unable to meet the demands of super priority applications e.g staffing issues, issues with sopra steria, more further issues down the line which has made it so difficult for everybody....

please keep posting application updates.

best of luck all

thakur786
Newly Registered
India

Post by thakur786 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm

sunnysakhi wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:00 pm
madihaali_304 wrote:

I can understand your pain mate.
If they can't make their decision in 24 hours then of course it is not super priority service, is it?
I am pretty sure we are all educated to understand what they are actually doing and what should be happening with super priority applications.
Clearly they run a pilot project testing first and then went fully live but I feel they are unable to meet the demands of super priority applications e.g staffing issues, issues with sopra steria, more further issues down the line which has made it so difficult for everybody....

please keep posting application updates.

best of luck all

FarooqShah86
Pakistan

Post by FarooqShah86 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 am

civil service and civil servants! they are all cut and stitched from the same cloth in each and every country. these clerks and baboos!!! You can get married for £3k in Pakistan! ridiculous lol

Jap04d
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jap04d » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 am

mginn79 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi all,

Also wanted to share my experience with the new process:

- Paid £60 for 12pm appointment in Cambridge on Friday 16 November (Set M, premium service)
- Arrived early (11.30am)
- Was told to make sure that I was in the general area 5 minutes before appointment by a worker at the library
- Sat in the cafe area adjacent to the desk
- Happened to ask a member of staff if I needed to inform them that I was here to be told that there were significant delays and they handed me a ticket basically meaning that the paid appointment was void and that other people who should have been after me were probably seen before me
- Other people that had an appointment at 10am had not been seen still when I turned up
- No clear signs up anywhere detailing the delay and what visitors need to do when they arrive
- We were finally seen at around 4.30pm and the appointment took approximately 25 minutes (all of my documents were scanned in prior to the appointment so the 25 minutes were for the biometrics and to confirm all scanned documents were legible)
- Many people were turned away from their appointments because of the delays (biometric machine and internet connections issues)
- There was only 1 station to deal with appointments, it wasn't closed off so it wasn't very private so others could hear and see what was going on
- The staff that were carrying out the appointments were doing the work on behalf of Sopra Steria and did receive a lot of abuse from angry customers which was uncalled for as they were not from Sopra Steria
- Overheard one of the staff say that too many appointments had been issued which also caused a backlog so FYI, be prepared for a very long day!
- Have since sent a complaint to Sopra Steria and requested to have the appointment fee refunded and will also be asking for a contribution to our £25 car park fee because we were there for over 5 hours.
- As another FYI, please do your best to upload your documents in advance as the equipment seemed from reliable.

Now I just wait for my outcome which hopefully will be Monday/Tuesday as the application was submitted just after 5pm so that might cause a slight delay.

Good luck to everyone that has to go through this and also let me know if there are any other topics that I can post this to so more are aware.
Thank you for posting this. How much did you pay extra for the 24hour decision??

Jap04d
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jap04d » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:12 am

Is anyone able to share how much the priority service fees? I’ll be applying for ILR Set M. Seems as though there’s a 10 day decision option as well as a 24 hour one. I cant seem to find the cost of these services anywhere on the internet. Help is much appreciated!

thakur786
Newly Registered
India

Post by thakur786 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:48 am

Jap04d wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 am
mginn79 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi all,

Also wanted to share my experience with the new process:

- Paid £60 for 12pm appointment in Cambridge on Friday 16 November (Set M, premium service)
- Arrived early (11.30am)
- Was told to make sure that I was in the general area 5 minutes before appointment by a worker at the library
- Sat in the cafe area adjacent to the desk
- Happened to ask a member of staff if I needed to inform them that I was here to be told that there were significant delays and they handed me a ticket basically meaning that the paid appointment was void and that other people who should have been after me were probably seen before me
- Other people that had an appointment at 10am had not been seen still when I turned up
- No clear signs up anywhere detailing the delay and what visitors need to do when they arrive
- We were finally seen at around 4.30pm and the appointment took approximately 25 minutes (all of my documents were scanned in prior to the appointment so the 25 minutes were for the biometrics and to confirm all scanned documents were legible)
- Many people were turned away from their appointments because of the delays (biometric machine and internet connections issues)
- There was only 1 station to deal with appointments, it wasn't closed off so it wasn't very private so others could hear and see what was going on
- The staff that were carrying out the appointments were doing the work on behalf of Sopra Steria and did receive a lot of abuse from angry customers which was uncalled for as they were not from Sopra Steria
- Overheard one of the staff say that too many appointments had been issued which also caused a backlog so FYI, be prepared for a very long day!
- Have since sent a complaint to Sopra Steria and requested to have the appointment fee refunded and will also be asking for a contribution to our £25 car park fee because we were there for over 5 hours.
- As another FYI, please do your best to upload your documents in advance as the equipment seemed from reliable.

Now I just wait for my outcome which hopefully will be Monday/Tuesday as the application was submitted just after 5pm so that might cause a slight delay.

Good luck to everyone that has to go through this and also let me know if there are any other topics that I can post this to so more are aware.
Thank you for posting this. How much did you pay extra for the 24hour decision??
For each super priority application, the fee is £610.00
So, a family of 4 have to pay £2440 in addition to the normal application fee.

thakur786
Newly Registered
India

Post by thakur786 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:50 am

Jap04d wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:12 am
Is anyone able to share how much the priority service fees? I’ll be applying for ILR Set M. Seems as though there’s a 10 day decision option as well as a 24 hour one. I cant seem to find the cost of these services anywhere on the internet. Help is much appreciated!
For each super priority application, the fee is £610.00
I have not seen anybody so far yet whose decision have been made in 24 hours, so please think before you burn your £610.00 fee.

mail9

Post by mail9 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:12 am

I spoke to the customer care and they said they are not aware of any technical issues for delay. they escalated my case on Friday and on Monday they said they have escalated it again as the Friday one was just a progress update.so it is not yet 5 days .( they say 3rd to 7th si not yet 5 days)

The reason i spoke to them is that my solicitor is on annual leave from 28th Nov to 17th and she has an out of office reply in her email. If at all they needed any details or extra documents the adviser said they would only email her and not me. if we dont give the documents within 15 days the decision will be taken based on existing documents. nobody in the solicitors office is able to help me and they asked me to wait until 17th dec. when she comes back. it would be well over 15 working days then.

The customer care adviser said the only other alternative is to do a change in circumstances form at this point, which sounds completely ridiculous as it may delay it further more.

thakur786
Newly Registered
India

Post by thakur786 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 am

mail9 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:12 am
I spoke to the customer care and they said they are not aware of any technical issues for delay. they escalated my case on Friday and on Monday they said they have escalated it again as the Friday one was just a progress update.so it is not yet 5 days .( they say 3rd to 7th si not yet 5 days)

The reason i spoke to them is that my solicitor is on annual leave from 28th Nov to 17th and she has an out of office reply in her email. If at all they needed any details or extra documents the adviser said they would only email her and not me. if we dont give the documents within 15 days the decision will be taken based on existing documents. nobody in the solicitors office is able to help me and they asked me to wait until 17th dec. when she comes back. it would be well over 15 working days then.

The customer care adviser said the only other alternative is to do a change in circumstances form at this point, which sounds completely ridiculous as it may delay it further more.
It's ridiculous, if you have paid your solicitors to look after your application then they will need to provide you the services regardless of if and when their employees are off on holidays.

Go back to your solicitor and ask them if she will go on sick soon after her holidays and won't come back to work for few weeks/months then what will happen? Will you need to wait until she comes back? Caseworker might make the decision if they won't hear anything from your solicitor in 15 days...

Good Luck

thakur786
Newly Registered
India

Post by thakur786 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am

FarooqShah86 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 am
civil service and civil servants! they are all cut and stitched from the same cloth in each and every country. these clerks and baboos!!! You can get married for £3k in Pakistan! ridiculous lol
Good quote but you know what we all should be getting vale for our money...

At the end of the day, it's all hard earned money which takes months and months to earn and save to get around £3k.

manuelabe
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by manuelabe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 am

sunnysakhi wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:10 pm
manuelabe wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:18 pm
@Maelgrim

I paid £100 for the out of hours in SOPRA STERIA centre in Croydon on november 24th as the next appointment would be december 4th and i didnt want to wait as i have a christmas trip planned. Its now the 9th day after submission of biometrics and I have heard nothing. Have been checking my email like crazy and super anxious at work but now I am seeing that not many people are receiving emails. I dont know if i will receive my BPR before the 22nd when i travel!! But i would have thought so as i paid PRIORITY service and was sure I would get it in 10 days!

Will i get it all in one parcel or do i get a letter and then the BPR card on a different day ??
I hope and pray that you get positive result of your application well in time so that you can go for your Xmas holidays. I can understand your anxiousness, my wife was supposed to attend her brothers wedding, It looks she might have to cancel her travel plan. So much for Super Priority service....
thank you !! i hope your wife's arrives soon too :(

manuelabe
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by manuelabe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:36 am

Maelgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm
ripon5102 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 pm
Congratulations. It seems the quickest case I have seen reported here. Is it under new system?
ripon5102 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am
Hello All
I have applied for my wife for PBS dependent extension on Super-priority service. Here is the timeline for reference:

Appointment at Croydon: 26/11/2018 at 10.00
Got an email from Case worker for additional statement: 26/11/2018 13.15 (Statement was 86 days due to not having any transaction fro few days)
Sent new 4 months statement: 26/11/2018 at 16.45
Got decision by email: 27/11/2018 at 08.15

No phone calls or anything, only emails. Case worker seems to be Sheffield based.
So it been less than 24 hrs. I am not sure if emailing is the protocol to confirm that Visa has been approved. But it says that letter will follow soon. But this case was straight forward as it gets.

Hope it helps. Thanks
Yes. New UKVCAS on Super Priority Service
That almost sounds like the ideal
I submitted my Biometrics and Documents on Sat (24th) and haven't had any communication whatsoever (i also paid for priority), which has left me feeling a little more anxious.

Will you let us know when you receive your letter confirming approval?

Cheers!
Hi Maelgrim !! i was also at the appointment in croydon on the 24th! and paid priority.... .have you heard anything or gotten your letter?? today is meant to be the 10th day for us i guess.... :(

mail9

Post by mail9 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:51 am

thakur786 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 am
mail9 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:12 am

It's ridiculous, if you have paid your solicitors to look after your application then they will need to provide you the services regardless of if and when their employees are off on holidays.

Go back to your solicitor and ask them if she will go on sick soon after her holidays and won't come back to work for few weeks/months then what will happen? Will you need to wait until she comes back? Caseworker might make the decision if they won't hear anything from your solicitor in 15 days...

Good Luck
Exactly.

nobody is of any help now. i have paid 9000 plus GBP. cancelled our home country trip. cancelled an out of UK trip. still no news from any one , no help from customer service at all.
is it worth emailing to ukvigeneral@mailgb.custhelp.com. Does any one think it is safe to email them at this point.
The telephone line at UKVI seem to recognise me with the phone number i called.

mail9

Post by mail9 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:33 am

it is ridiculous how they ask me to submit a change of circumstances form for asking them to contact me ,in my email , for my own application!

manuelabe
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by manuelabe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 am

Anyone knows if the letter comes in the mail and then the BPR card is sent out after this ? Or does it come all together???