ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Re: FLR (M)

Post by tabs23 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:05 pm

cemj wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 pm
tabs23 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm
Thanks for this, it seems weird that I'm not getting the option to select the new service at all. Even if i do the new application after keying in my IHS number, it just says no appointments available for next 45 business days. This really is stressful!
That's really strange - I hope you get sorted soon
Is the online FLR(M) form different to the postal/ manual one. It seems to me that it's.

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:51 pm

tabs23 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:05 pm
cemj wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 pm
tabs23 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm
Thanks for this, it seems weird that I'm not getting the option to select the new service at all. Even if i do the new application after keying in my IHS number, it just says no appointments available for next 45 business days. This really is stressful!
That's really strange - I hope you get sorted soon
Is the online FLR(M) form different to the postal/ manual one. It seems to me that it's.
Yes it's very different. We had the paper one filled out but had to start again and do the online one!

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:47 am

I wonder if you could kindly help.

I'm completing the FLR(M) application online so we could attend the same day service.

At the child section (our child is British, non-applicant) it asks us (parents) to provide our birth certificates.

Problem is I don't have my birth certificate, have not seen it for ages and as I was not born in the UK, getting a copy is pretty much not possible.

This requirement seems to be only mentioned in the online application. I have not seen this requirement in the paper copy or the guidance notes.

Can someone kindly advise what is the best approach to take in this situation?

Really appreciate your help!!

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm

tabs23 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:47 am

I'm completing the FLR(M) application online so we could attend the same day service.

At the child section (our child is British, non-applicant) it asks us (parents) to provide our birth certificates.

Problem is I don't have my birth certificate, have not seen it for ages and as I was not born in the UK, getting a copy is pretty much not possible.

This requirement seems to be only mentioned in the online application. I have not seen this requirement in the paper copy or the guidance notes.

We are exactly the same and it asked for ours too - not quite sure why but thankfully we both have ours so I'm not sure what to advise for you! Sorry! Hopefully someone can help. I have a feeling that if you have a letter addressed to your child and it's to the same address as you both (as provided in your cohabitiation evidence) then that might be ok?

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:40 pm

cemj wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm
tabs23 wrote:

We are exactly the same and it asked for ours too - not quite sure why but thankfully we both have ours so I'm not sure what to advise for you! Sorry! Hopefully someone can help. I have a feeling that if you have a letter addressed to your child and it's to the same address as you both (as provided in your cohabitiation evidence) then that might be ok?
I just managed to get a same day service appointment in croydon for 14th Dec, which is 30 days before my expiry instead of 28 days, would that be a problem?

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:59 pm

tabs23 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:40 pm
cemj wrote:
tabs23 wrote:

I just managed to get a same day service appointment in croydon for 14th Dec, which is 30 days before my expiry instead of 28 days, would that be a problem?
Is it supposed to be 28 days before expiry? We were advised we could apply up to 3 months before expiry!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:02 pm

cemj wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:59 pm
tabs23 wrote:
cemj wrote:
tabs23 wrote:

Is it supposed to be 28 days before expiry? We were advised we could apply up to 3 months before expiry!
To avoid a shortfall in visa validity for ILR which would require a 3rd extension to cover a month or two, you should NOT apply any sooner than within 28 days of reaching 30 months residence, counted from date of entry. You can apply any time before visa expires though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:02 pm
cemj wrote:
tabs23 wrote:
cemj wrote:

To avoid a shortfall in visa validity for ILR which would require a 3rd extension to cover a month or two, you should NOT apply any sooner than within 28 days of reaching 30 months residence, counted from date of entry. You can apply any time before visa expires though.

Yes that's exactly what we were told. My husband applied when he had been here 30 months and 2 weeks so hopefully we will be fine.

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:00 pm

cemj wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:05 pm
CR001 wrote:
cemj wrote:
tabs23 wrote:

Yes that's exactly what we were told. My husband applied when he had been here 30 months and 2 weeks so hopefully we will be fine.
I just cancelled the appointment as like you said they can refuse if you apply more then 28 days in advance.

I was also told by the lady on the home office helpline that FLRM should be through new VCAS service now and securing an appointments isn't difficult

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
cemj wrote:
tabs23 wrote:
cemj wrote:

Dear Croo1, can you please advise how to deal with the birth certificate issue. Really appreciate, should I just do the cover letter explaining that I don't have a birth certificate. I was born in India and I haven't really seen my birth certificate.

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:56 am

cemj wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm
kneehighh wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm
tabs23 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 pm
I just spoke to spoke to adviser on Home Office helpline, he mentioned Premium Services are now closed and UKVCAS don't do FLR(M) applications. These will have to be submitted via post unfortunately
What they told you on the phone seems incorrect also according to the website...

I just filled out the entire online form for FLR(M) and got to the 'Pay' screen after inputting my IHS number. It then says do for biometrics do you want to use the new or old system (and lets you know the locations of the new system).I selected the new system, after this it gives you two options (see below)

Select a service from the options below. You will not be able to change this after you have submitted your application. (Required)

Standard service : pay 1052.20 GBP, most people get a decision within 8 weeks after attending their biometrics appointment

Super Priority : pay 1662.20 GBP, most people get a decision on the next working day after attending their biometrics appointment

The amount you pay for each service option includes the 19.20 GBP biometrics enrolment fee for each applicable person on this application.

UK Visas and Immigration will contact you if it will take longer to process your application.

So it seems the premium system is available to us on the new system now? I will try this later today after I double checked my application...
My husband had his FLR(M) appointment at a Sopra Steria centre this morning so it's definitely on the new system
I cancelled my premium service appointment yesterday after securing one as the appointment I secured was 31 days in advance. Does anyone know how long the refund takes and is automatically paid back into the card used for booking.

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:43 pm

My husband received his further leave to remain this morning via email. His BRP and letter should be with us shortly.

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:54 pm

cemj wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:43 pm
My husband received his further leave to remain this morning via email. His BRP and letter should be with us shortly.
Many congratulations!

donnal
Newly Registered

Post by donnal » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 am

We did the FLR(FM) using Super Priority appointment Thursday 6th December and hubby got his LTR by email this morning 😊 after 3 years we are very relieved!

@cemj has your husband received his BRC yet?

tabs23
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabs23 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:52 pm

cemj wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm
kneehighh wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm
tabs23 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 pm
I just spoke to spoke to adviser on Home Office helpline, he mentioned Premium Services are now closed and UKVCAS don't do FLR(M) applications. These will have to be submitted via post unfortunately
What they told you on the phone seems incorrect also according to the website...

I just filled out the entire online form for FLR(M) and got to the 'Pay' screen after inputting my IHS number. It then says do for biometrics do you want to use the new or old system (and lets you know the locations of the new system).I selected the new system, after this it gives you two options (see below)

Select a service from the options below. You will not be able to change this after you have submitted your application. (Required)

Standard service : pay 1052.20 GBP, most people get a decision within 8 weeks after attending their biometrics appointment

Super Priority : pay 1662.20 GBP, most people get a decision on the next working day after attending their biometrics appointment

The amount you pay for each service option includes the 19.20 GBP biometrics enrolment fee for each applicable person on this application.

UK Visas and Immigration will contact you if it will take longer to process your application.

So it seems the premium system is available to us on the new system now? I will try this later today after I double checked my application...
My husband had his FLR(M) appointment at a Sopra Steria centre this morning so it's definitely on the new system
The online form doesn't seem to indicate that you need 2 photos, has this been scrapped now and photos are no longer required. Appreciate your help with this!

Neeky
Mood:

Post by Neeky » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:55 am

Yes you are correct. You no longer require two photos anymore. My solicitor told me this early this month and biometrics can be done straight away without waiting on letter in post