ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Service appointment for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vibe123
India

New Service appointment for ILR

Post by vibe123 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:47 am

Hi There,
First of all thanks for all the info regarding the immigration queries.
I will be eligible for ILR from 23rd December 2018. I was trying to apply for premium service (45 days in advance), but have no appointment for next 45 days available.
So, I was thinking of applying for Premium service through Sopra Steria. My question is that do I get to choose the dates of appointment after payment because I cannot see any options to choose the appointment on the website or does this have to be done through a different website ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Service appointment for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:39 am

You apply online and pay and as far as I understand, you then book the appointment after that.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

Have you read any of the numerous topics and posts on this or done any research before asking???

general-uk-immigration-forum/new-appoin ... 7-280.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanks a lot, I did actually searched but was unsuccessful in finding the right answer. So appreciate your help.

vibe123
India

Date of application/new premium service for ILR

Post by vibe123 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi Guys,
I will be eligible to apply for ILR from Tier 2 General on 23.12.2018 (Tier 2 general started on 20/01/2014). I remember that we could book same day appointments 45 days prior to appointment under old system.
Is this the same under the new Sopra Steria service as well ? I will be going for new premium service (Next day). Is the date of submission the date of application ? I have my application ready and I was ready to pay today and was aiming to take a date on or after 23rd December. Is this ok or should I submit and pay for my application on 23rd Decemeber ?
Thanks guys

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:05 am

The day you apply online is the day of your application. You must apply when you are eligible only :!: :!:
There is no same day process at all. The UKVCAS is simply a front that collects docs/biometrics. All applications will be sent to UKVI for processing
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am

Zimbabwe is correct! Don’t submit your application until you are eligible to apply. Having submitted it, you can then make an appointment within a few days if you wish and, if you pay extra, the next day if there is availability. If you have paid for priority processing, within 24 hours the HO will make a decision. However, in the past week, applicants are having to wait much longer for a decision. Even when the decision is made, quite often the result is sent by post which takes several days.

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks a lot @Michali and @Zimba for clarification. For some reason my post appeared to be deleted next day after posting it but it appeared again today. Can someone please help me with one more question.
So my qualifying period starts for ILR from 23rd December (Tier 2 started 20th Jan 2014), My manager is going on Leave from 21st December to 10th January, 2019. If my Letter of Employment states the 21st December and I apply on 23rd December, will this be a problem ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:31 pm

If my Letter of Employment states the 21st December and I apply on 23rd December, will this be a problem ?
You are overthinking this. There is no rule that the letter must be the same date as the date you apply online. 21st is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks CR001. I was just being extra cautious but thanks again for clarification.

AP07
Newly Registered
India

Post by AP07 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:24 pm

michali wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am
Zimbabwe is correct! Don’t submit your application until you are eligible to apply. Having submitted it, you can then make an appointment within a few days if you wish and, if you pay extra, the next day if there is availability. If you have paid for priority processing, within 24 hours the HO will make a decision. However, in the past week, applicants are having to wait much longer for a decision. Even when the decision is made, quite often the result is sent by post which takes several days.

Is there any guidance regarding above - that you can only submit application once qualified.

Didi06
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Didi06 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I submitted my ILR application on the 24th Jan, I received a confirmation for the payment of £3018.20 for super priority service. I clicked "Book appointment" on the "further actions" section, got directed to the UKCVAS site, but i have not been able to book my appointment. When i type in my email address and password (the one i used to complete the application form), it says "username & password incorrect".

Did anyone have this challenge? could you kindly tell me what you did? Do you have to receive a different email that gives you a username? or do i have to register my account myself? if so, how?

Thanks in advance
Di06

bhai86
Pakistan

Post by bhai86 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:14 am

Didi06 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:29 pm
Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I submitted my ILR application on the 24th Jan, I received a confirmation for the payment of £3018.20 for super priority service. I clicked "Book appointment" on the "further actions" section, got directed to the UKCVAS site, but i have not been able to book my appointment. When i type in my email address and password (the one i used to complete the application form), it says "username & password incorrect".

Did anyone have this challenge? could you kindly tell me what you did? Do you have to receive a different email that gives you a username? or do i have to register my account myself? if so, how?

Thanks in advance
Di06
UKVCAS is a different system than UKVI. When I did my appointment, it sent an access code to my email (the email I used on the UKVI) and then it let me create a username on UKVCAS. Check your spam/junk email too.