ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would my infant daughter born in UK need a TB screening test?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

farazk86
Pakistan

Would my infant daughter born in UK need a TB screening test?

Post by farazk86 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi,

My daughter was born in UK in Fenruary 2018. She left UK on 25 April 2018 with her mother to go back home to Pakistan. I am now applying for her visa to join me in March 2019. Would she need to get her TB test done and attached with her application:

The TB test gov link states the following:
You will not need a TB test if any of the following apply:
  • you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
  • you’re a returning UK resident and have not been away for more than 2 years
  • you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months
Does she fall under the second point as she was born in UK and has not been away fro more than 2 year??

Many thanks

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Would my infant daughter born in UK need a TB screening test?

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 am

farazk86 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:22 pm
Hi,

My daughter was born in UK in Fenruary 2018. She left UK on 25 April 2018 with her mother to go back home to Pakistan. I am now applying for her visa to join me in March 2019. Would she need to get her TB test done and attached with her application:

• you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months
Does she fall under the second point as she was born in UK and has not been away fro more than 2 year??

Many thanks
Hi

I think none apply to her and she needs TB test.

Returning Resident means a person wants to come back to live in the UK if they were previously settled (given 'indefinite leave to enter or remain') and They have been away for more than 2 years.

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: Would my infant daughter born in UK need a TB screening test?

Post by farazk86 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 am
farazk86 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:22 pm
Hi,

Many thanks
Hi

I think none apply to her and she needs TB test.

Returning Resident means a person wants to come back to live in the UK if they were previously settled (given 'indefinite leave to enter or remain') and They have been away for more than 2 years.
Understood, thanks for answering