ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No bank statement for flr(fp) application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Likl2
Newly Registered

No bank statement for flr(fp) application

Post by Likl2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:26 am

Hi everyone, i’m trying to make an application for an flrfp. It says to include bank statements but I do not own a bank account anymore as it has been closed due to too many unplanned overdrafts and my balance being on negative for too long. What can I do in this case? Will my application be refused because of no statement?

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: No bank statement for flr(fp) application

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm

What is the base of your visa? and what is your legal status before you apply FLR(FP)? you need to further elaborate about your situation.

Likl2
Newly Registered

Post by Likl2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:08 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm
What is the base of your visa? and what is your legal status before you apply FLR(FP)? you need to further elaborate about your situation.
Thanks for your reply. It’s via the parent route. I’m a single parent with sole parental responsibility to for my child who is a British citizen. Father has chosen not to be involved and has never seen her. I’m an overstayer for 2 years. I do have a bank account but i’d rather not include my statement because it’s quite embarrassing. This is my choice. Is this possible or will HO find out I have a bank account in my name and ask me to provide the statement?

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:44 pm

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/parent

It's part of the application requirements to show you're financially stable.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Likl2
Newly Registered

Post by Likl2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:48 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:44 pm
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/parent

It's part of the application requirements to show you're financially stable.
Thanks for your reply. If I decide to say I do not have a bank account. Can the HO find out if I have a bank account or not. That’s what I really want to know.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 am

You mentioned you don't have a bank account

Then you said you have

In my experience with the home office is to maintain honesty in the application as eventually it will be caught up with you.

They are only interested in income. Not to scrutinise how much over draft or what you spend on groceries.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.