ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reissue of Indian Passport in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geetaghanti0123
Newly Registered

Reissue of Indian Passport in UK

Post by geetaghanti0123 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 am

hi All,

I have been living in UK since 2011, and i hold Tier 2 General Visa, and my current Indian passport has been expired.

In the address section of the Passport re-issue application form, my Indian address - one in the passport is very old, and nobody actually lives there.

does this mean I need to provide my updated address in India? and i doubt if i have any address proof for updated address in India? do they actually verify this address in India ? or are they concerned about the only the UK address.

Quick response will be much appreciated, many thanks.

srsw

Re: Reissue of Indian Passport in UK

Post by srsw » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:45 am

When did your passport expire?

Yes, you need to provide new address proof and they may verify the address as well.

UK address is only to send your new passport and it's not going to be printed on your Indian passport unless exceptional circumstances.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

katanayi
Mood:

Re: Reissue of Indian Passport in UK

Post by katanayi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:41 pm

attach aadhar copy, that would be enough for address proof