ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employee requirement ILR 10 YEARS ROUTE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abacus123
Pakistan

employee requirement ILR 10 YEARS ROUTE

Post by abacus123 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi everyone

I need some help. I am applying next year november for my ILR(10 Year route) as my 10 year stay in uk is going to complete NOV next year . I have recently got extension for Tier 1 Enterpreneur (50K) route. I asked my solicitor whether I need to hire two full time employees till november or not, according to him as I am going to apply under 10 year route and my 10 years complete before tier 1 expiry, I don't need to keep two full time employee till my ILR application date. Is this true as I don't want to risk anything .

Kind Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: employee requirement ILR 10 YEARS ROUTE

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 am

Correct. Under long residence you do NOT need to maintain two positions in your business given that the Tier 1E requirements for ILR do not apply. Remember that does NOT mean you could be in breach of the Tier 1E conditions of stay (like losing access to the money for investment or working in capacity of an employee, etc)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 am
Correct. Under long residence you do NOT need to maintain two positions in your business given that the Tier 1E requirements for ILR do not apply. Remember that does NOT mean you could be in breach of the Tier 1E conditions of stay (like losing access to the money for investment or working in capacity of an employee, etc)
Zimba Very useful comment, is there any chance that case worker/HO might ask for the business documents at the time of ILR application?? will this not effect the LR application. thank you.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 pm

alpharomeo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:30 pm
Zimba wrote:
Zimba Very useful comment, is there any chance that case worker/HO might ask for the business documents at the time of ILR application?? will this not effect the LR application. thank you.
Anything is possible. The caseworker can assume you took the ENT visa just to complete your time for ILR other wise.
Register urself to begin with.
It took me about a year and half establishing my business to a stage where it required a number of employees.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:43 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 pm
alpharomeo wrote:
Zimba wrote:
Anything is possible. The caseworker can assume you took the ENT visa just to complete your time for ILR other wise.
It took me about a year and half establishing my business to a stage where it required a number of employees.
Experts, gurus (CR001, zimba, casa) please shed some light on the above things mentioned by aman90. thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm

alpharomeo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:43 pm
aman90 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 pm
alpharomeo wrote:
Zimba wrote:
Experts, gurus (CR001, zimba, casa) please shed some light on the above things mentioned by aman90. thank you
1. Useful to ask questions in your own topic so as not to create confusion in this OPs thread.

2. HO could and do often ask for extra documents. They have a right to check that all visa conditions for all visa categories held by an applicant have beene met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.