ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Safina000

Accommodation requirements

Post by Safina000 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum and i was wondering if someone could please help.

I’m applying for my spouse visa soon. I have all the paperwork completed etc. Payslips. P60. Bank statements. Sponsor letter. Call/chat history.

Not sure 🤔 what to do about the accommodation requirements. I currently live with my mother and 2 brothers and 1 sister in a council property (which i was thinking 🤔 of buying on the right to buy scheme but takes few months) my mother gets full housing benefit and council tax reductions due to being on higher rate of PIP (persobal independence payment). Would this affect my application? My mother has wrote no objection letter but council is refusing to provide one and they said. They don’t get involved in home office matter. Please help :? Any suggestions what can be done? Thank you

Safina000

Re: Accommodation requirements

Post by Safina000 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Safina000 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 pm
Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum and i was wondering if someone could please help.

I’m applying for my spouse visa soon. I have all the paperwork completed etc. Payslips. P60. Bank statements. Sponsor letter. Call/chat history.

Not sure 🤔 what to do about the accommodation requirements. I currently live with my mother and 2 brothers and 1 sister in a council property (which i was thinking 🤔 of buying on the right to buy scheme but takes few months) my mother gets full housing benefit and council tax reductions due to being on higher rate of PIP (persobal independence payment). Would this affect my application? My mother has wrote no objection letter but council is refusing to provide one and they said. They don’t get involved in home office matter. Please help :? Any suggestions what can be done? Thank you

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:55 am

Safina000 wrote:

I would recommend calling some professional solicitor for advice. Search best immigration solicitors in London on google, you'll find a few who will give free advice over the phone. I have done that for few of my issues and got really good advice.
What is this sponsor letter?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Alam- wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:55 am
Safina000 wrote:

I would recommend calling some professional solicitor for advice. Search best immigration solicitors in London on google, you'll find a few who will give free advice over the phone. I have done that for few of my issues and got really good advice.
What is this sponsor letter?
I don't think that is there any professional solicitor who can give free advice except this forum.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Safina000

Post by Safina000 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Thank you for your response. I have spoke to few people regarding my issue and they all said. It shouldn’t be a problem. But I have raed loads of forums and there’s loads of people said it is a issue. Not sure 🤔 who yo believe 😂

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:05 am

UKVI mainly care about if there is adequate space to accomodate you both in that property and that you have permission to live there.

Living in a council house or receiving PIP is no issue at all. In your case you do no need a lawyer to tell you this, all you need is No objection letter from the council stating they are fine with your spouse joining the property, similar letter from main tenant (your parent), tenancy agreement to show your parent is the main tenant. InshaAllah this should be sufficient.

You haven't mentioned how many bedrooms the property have so cannot tell you if you have enough room
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Safina000

Post by Safina000 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:05 am
UKVI mainly care about if there is adequate space to accomodate you both in that property and that you have permission to live there.

Living in a council house or receiving PIP is no issue at all. In your case you do no need a lawyer to tell you this, all you need is No objection letter from the council stating they are fine with your spouse joining the property, similar letter from main tenant (your parent), tenancy agreement to show your parent is the main tenant. InshaAllah this should be sufficient.

You haven't mentioned how many bedrooms the property have so cannot tell you if you have enough room

Thank you for your helpful reply. 😀. There are 3 bedrooms and 2 living rooms. There’s 4 of us living at the property including my mother 5. Council is refusing to provide any letters to support any home office application:(. They said, we don’t get involved in the home office business. My mother has a secure tenancy with them so she can give permission as long as there is space. Thats all they said.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Safina000 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 am
Londoner007 wrote:

Thank you for your helpful reply. 😀. There are 3 bedrooms and 2 living rooms. There’s 4 of us living at the property including my mother 5. Council is refusing to provide any letters to support any home office application:(. They said, we don’t get involved in the home office business. My mother has a secure tenancy with them so she can give permission as long as there is space. Thats all they said.
Try to complain the senior officer of council because they shouldn't have any objection in issuing NOC letter because you all are related adults causing no overcrowding.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Safina000

Post by Safina000 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:27 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 pm
Safina000 wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:

Try to complain the senior officer of council because they shouldn't have any objection in issuing NOC letter because you all are related adults causing no overcrowding.

They absolutely useless and i did complain which they said, they can still refuse to provide a letter. I’ve done everything i can. I’m now thinking of moving out but its soo expensive specially when I’m on my own. It’s soo stressful but Insha’ALLAH will get there.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Safina000 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:27 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 pm
Safina000 wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:

They absolutely useless and i did complain which they said, they can still refuse to provide a letter. I’ve done everything i can. I’m now thinking of moving out but its soo expensive specially when I’m on my own. It’s soo stressful but Insha’ALLAH will get there.
If all of your efforts haven't worked out then find an alternative place of accomodation but before start living there get it confirmed with landlord as what documents/permission you need.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Try and speak to a different housing officer. They need to simply state that they have no objection with wife joining you as there are no overcrowding. You may want to explain to them that once wife comes to UK you will fully register her with the council etc, after this they may be more willing to give the letter. Try to ask nicely but firmly.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:57 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:10 pm
Try and speak to a different housing officer. They need to simply state that they have no objection with wife joining you as there are no overcrowding. You may want to explain to them that once wife comes to UK you will fully register her with the council etc, after this they may be more willing to give the letter. Try to ask nicely but firmly.
Read previous post. Op has already complained.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:30 am

Well this is the council he is dealing with so good luck getting complaint to move anywhere soon especially around this time of year -will take ages, so a sensible thing would be try a different officer in the mean time

Safina000

Post by Safina000 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:40 am

Hi Guys,

I had to call a state agent to get the housing inspection report done. Didn’t get the council involved in anything. Hopefully will get a positive response.

I have finally managed to submit my application on Friday 4th Jan 2019. Priority visa fee paid.
Bio appointment at Islamabad on 07/01/2019.

Hopefully will be sending all the documents to Sheffield by 11/01/2019.

Will keep you all updated on the process. Thanks 😀

Woodyd
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Woodyd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 am

It was the same for me last week with a council flat. The Council would not say they 'have no objection to my spouse staying in the the property' in their letter. Just stated I live there and there is enough space.

Maybe the govt should have a fixed form for landlords to complete..

Safina000

Post by Safina000 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 am

I know, they don’t get involved in home office stuff they said. So I thought i might as well call the state agent to get the report done so hopefully they accept this.

Have you submitted your application yet?

Safina000

Post by Safina000 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:32 am

Application submitted online: 05/01/2019 - Priority
Biometric appointment: 08/01/2019 - Islamabad
Documents received by Sheffield: 14/01/2019
Email received from UKVI: 19/01/2019 - Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Documents received back from Sheffield: 22/01/2019

Anyone else has there documents returned? How long do they take after they returned the documents.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:37 pm

My documents were returned before the ECO email and decision was made 5 days after the ECO email and I was contacted 4 days after the decision date, collected my passport last Tuesday. Priority application and visa granted. It was in my case, yours might be quicker or might take little longer time but priority application is obviously worth it. Good luck.

Safina000

Post by Safina000 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and congratulations.

Mine is priority too. As you can see my timeline in my previous post. I haven’t had any more emails from them just one i had was on 19th jan. My documents are returned on 22nd Jan. waiting game now. Hopefully i get a positive reply. Have you had an email once the deciom was made? Can you please post your timeline.

Thank you