ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New ILR process, Time to decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

badhodor
Mood:
India

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by badhodor » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 am

Called again today at 10 am.
The lady on the phone was really nice, took down my details, case id, date of birth, email, name, nationality and visa application date.

Said she will send my details to the relevant department and they will let me know. (I am assuming this is the escalation that everyone has mentioned on the forum).

Fingers crossed I hear something back today. Either via. email or via. post. This is getting a bit stupid, waiting 10 days for the same thing that used to be done in 1 day before.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:12 am

badhodor wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:02 am
It's good to know that you can still login into the UKVCAS system as I was wondering whether it is for only those who haven't yet got a decision.
Hi badhodor
Have you called HO today.

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:18 am

Called DX as well at 10:18 today and they have nothing for me at the moment. Let's hope Royal Mail brings good news then!!!

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 am

Hello SunnySakhi,

Yes I have used solicitor. Haven't received my parcel yet. called DX and they said they had issues collecting parcels on Saturday. My delivery has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning. Have to wait for one more day.... :|

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:05 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 am
Hello SunnySakhi,

Yes I have used solicitor. Haven't received my parcel yet. called DX and they said they had issues collecting parcels on Saturday. My delivery has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning. Have to wait for one more day.... :|
Is this parcel being delivered to you or your solicitor.

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:14 pm

yes the delivery address is my soicitors address..

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Do we qualify for a refund as the HO has failed its service standard of 24 hours?

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:53 pm

well finally, got my approval, ILR done.
A small recap.
year 2013 got my Tier2 visa under soc code 2124 weekly working hours 32 salary 20600pounds. no payrise in 3 years .. 2016 extended Tier 2 got payrise from 20,600 to 28,200 working hours increased to 35 per week. 2018 3 months before ILR got payrise to 35850 from 28200 weekly hours increased to 39. Applied on 22nd November waited 18days to get approval.. received BRP card on 10th December..

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:44 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:53 pm
A small recap.
year 2013 got my Tier2 visa under soc code 2124 weekly working hours 32 salary 20600pounds. no payrise in 3 years .. 2016 extended Tier 2 got payrise from 20,600 to 28,200 working hours increased to 35 per week. 2018 3 months before ILR got payrise to 35850 from 28200 weekly hours increased to 39. Applied on 22nd November waited 18days to get approval.. received BRP card on 10th December..
Many -2 Congrats.
It seems they were doing extra check on your salary rise (my guess). had they contacted you for these checks (if any).

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm

no contact from them, first point of contact was Brp card.. yet to receive my approval letter

manuelabe
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by manuelabe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:23 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm
no contact from them, first point of contact was Brp card.. yet to receive my approval letter
Hi mani! congratulations and very happy there is sign of hope with your case. I applied 24th but nothing yet.

If you didnt get an email or anything - does that mean it just appeared in the mail?
Did you call or email or escalated it in the 18 days ? or did you just wait ?

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:23 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm
Congrats!!!!
Finally some peace and satisfaction and end to the 5 year struggle!!

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi manuelabe,

Please read my previous comments about how I have escalated the case. I escalated it three times.
first time got an standard email like others get it saying my application is till under standard service time. second time waited for 5 days, third time waited for 3 days and then got it.. no point of communication from UKVI at any stage.. me and my solicitor we both wrote seperate emails complaining abouth the service to different email ID complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. we didnt ask them for the outcome of our application but we did made a complaint aginst there service on December 3rd. Anyways finally got it.

Thanks everyone for your wishes and support.. I wish you all goodluck with your applications. Dont lose hope, the new system may be slow but it will bring on good results..

venk
Newly Registered
India

Post by venk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:43 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:53 pm
A small recap.
Hi,
When did you give your biometrics after applying on 22nd?
And what delivery company delivered your card?
Thanks.

fasssika
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by fasssika » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi Guys,

So I just want to share my experience with you. It was positive, all things being considered. My 28 days started on the 7th of December. Because of how hard it was to find a centre with the old system, I submitted my application on the 3rd of november and booked an appointment for saturday the 8th of december in London(Mark Lane). I uploaded my documents beforehand as I had some free time at work for a few weeks.

My appointment was at 9.30 am and my partner and I got there at 9.00. We were told we would be next (10) as they were currently seeing number (9). I went in and the lady who checked my documents was really friendly and helpful in answering my questions about timelines. She told me that SET(M) normally doesn't take as long as the others and I should hear back soon.

We finished scanning my documents ten minutes after coming in. My husband decided that we should eat some of the food they had there as we had paid so much for it anyway. So we had breakfast at the centre after submitting our docs.

I really was hoping to hear something by Wed as I have been reading that it takes some time for feedback. However I got an email at 9.30 am stating that my ILR has been approved and I would receive my card in the mail. I applied before my 28 days, made sure my appointment was within the 28 days and had no problems with that.

I hope this helps.

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Doesn't matter when we submitted online.. It will be staying only with stay sopra steria.. it will be forwarded to Ukvi only after biometrics.. I did my biometrics on 22nd..

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 pm

fasssika wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:58 pm
Hi Guys,

So I just want to share my experience with you. It was positive, all things being considered. My 28 days started on the 7th of December. Because of how hard it was to find a centre with the old system, I submitted my application on the 3rd of november and booked an appointment for saturday the 8th of december in London(Mark Lane). I uploaded my documents beforehand as I had some free time at work for a few weeks.

My appointment was at 9.30 am and my partner and I got there at 9.00. We were told we would be next (10) as they were currently seeing number (9). I went in and the lady who checked my documents was really friendly and helpful in answering my questions about timelines. She told me that SET(M) normally doesn't take as long as the others and I should hear back soon.

We finished scanning my documents ten minutes after coming in. My husband decided that we should eat some of the food they had there as we had paid so much for it anyway. So we had breakfast at the centre after submitting our docs.

I really was hoping to hear something by Wed as I have been reading that it takes some time for feedback. However I got an email at 9.30 am stating that my ILR has been approved and I would receive my card in the mail. I applied before my 28 days, made sure my appointment was within the 28 days and had no problems with that.

I hope this helps.
Hello fasssika,
Congrats.
May I ask you under which category yoi applied for ILR?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:45 pm

gbpmatrix wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 pm
fasssika wrote:
Hi Guys,

I hope this helps.
Hello fasssika,
Congrats.

Thank you
Did you not read the users whole post??? Highlighted above for you!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:45 pm
gbpmatrix wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 pm
fasssika wrote:
Hi Guys,

I hope this helps.
Hello fasssika,
Congrats.

Thank you
Did you not read the users whole post??? Highlighted above for you!!
Thank you cr001

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi all,

I have just looked at my letter and found that it says the following:

If you hold a BRP because your leave has expired, or you were issued with a replacement you must now return it to the Home Office as it no longer valid. You should cut the card in half and post it in a plain, windowless envelope.

My understanding is that we can keep the old BRP (Limited Leave) after having new ILR BRP but just a bit confused with the word "replacement" above - does everyone have the same phrase above?

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi all

I have attended my appointment in London premium Lounge on Wednesday 5 December. I was told that the UKVI should inform me of the outcome of my application within 24 hours by email. Today is Monday and no news yet. I called the UKVI, they told me that they cannot help until 5 working days have passed!

Really puzzled, How on earth they increase the price and worsen the service, and why we pay for what so called "super priority" with promise of 24 hours roll over when in fact we wait for a week or two! I am travelling home for xmas holiday next week and already scared of not receiving the decision before then

Can I travel using my current BRP if I have valid leave? or it is revoked once I apply for a new one?

I also applied i.e. submitted my online application) before the 28 days but my appointment itself was within the 28 days, hope this is not a problem

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Once you have given the biometrics, you cannot travel with old BRP.
It has been reported by a member that it is fine to submit before the 28 days but appointment must be within 28 days.
mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm
Hi all

I have attended my appointment in London premium Lounge on Wednesday 5 December. I was told that the UKVI should inform me of the outcome of my application within 24 hours by email. Today is Monday and no news yet. I called the UKVI, they told me that they cannot help until 5 working days have passed!

Really puzzled, How on earth they increase the price and worsen the service, and why we pay for what so called "super priority" with promise of 24 hours roll over when in fact we wait for a week or two! I am travelling home for xmas holiday next week and already scared of not receiving the decision before then

Can I travel using my current BRP if I have valid leave? or it is revoked once I apply for a new one?

I also applied i.e. submitted my online application) before the 28 days but my appointment itself was within the 28 days, hope this is not a problem

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 am

Got this email today @9:35 am. Don't know what to do now.

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your referral as our records show that your application is still within the service standard.

For further information about Front End Services please visit:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. Please access the survey using the following link:

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

Please note, any emails received into this mailbox will be deleted and no action will be taken.

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:19 pm

To avoid the constant duplicating of posts by some members, it is not necessary to post multiple identical posts in all topics!!!

Please continue in the existing topics we have, this one will now be locked.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... 5-360.html

general-uk-immigration-forum/new-appoin ... 7-340.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.