ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

allyf
Canada

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by allyf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:16 am

michali wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:41 pm
I really don’t know! Or maybe do as cemj did? I doubt it really matters especially in these early days when some clarity is needed. We don’t have to apply yet (SET(M) like you), so hopefully others will advise.I would like to think that, once all the necessary documents are uploaded, that they would be accepted even if they are not exactly in the right place! Of course, alternatively, you could get them uploaded at the appointment.
Yes good point! But I really hope someone for Set m can give us some direction. My application date is near approaching and just reading everyone’s horror stories on this week’s submissions are leaving me with no faith (especially as I am applying right before Xmas..😣) I will most likely be scanning/uploading at the appointment however I envision scanner breakdowns and the whole nine yards!!! I guess whatever happens happens! Anyway it’s good to hear everyone’s opinions thanks again !

kmch
Newly Registered

Post by kmch » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 am

I attended UKVCAS Birmingham on 27/11, Received email on 28/11 saying that I will receive BRP and decision letter. So far no trace of any.
I called DX, they dont have any in the system.
Does anybody had similar problem?

General1905
India

Post by General1905 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am

Hi ,

My spouse has attended appointment in East ham service center for Tier 2 General dependent and we have taken "priority" service. But havent got any mail for document submission.

Has anyone have taken priority service. Please let me know how much time did it take for you.

Thanks in advance !!

cja_1234

Post by cja_1234 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:34 am

kmch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 am
I attended UKVCAS Birmingham on 27/11, Received email on 28/11 saying that I will receive BRP and decision letter. So far no trace of any.
Never heard of! But at least you know your case has been approved. So I'd simply contact the Home Office about your situation. Did you get the decision email directly by your case worker?

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi All,

Looking for some advice and been directed here. We submitted my wife's SET(M) application online yesterday and have booked an appointment in Birmingham (core centre) for the free service. There is an option to pay £35 for an additional 'Document Checking' service if we want Sopra to

".....check that you have correctly uploaded the documents for your appointment, that the scanned documents you provided are of an acceptable quality and are complete.To use this service you must upload your documents through our website at least 2 working days before your appointment date."

I thought they already checked the uploaded documents during the appointment? If so, what's the point of paying for this service?

Would be really interested to hear from anyone that has been through the process.

livlivuk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by livlivuk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 pm

I applied today at the Glasgow Sopra Steria (Super Priority Service; free appointment) and I did not pay for the document checking service however I had scanned/uploaded all my documents before my appointment. As far as I know, the Sopra Steria staff in Glasgow check all the scanned documents and also scanned my passport. I am not sure if this is correct but it appears that they are able to scan documents for those who did not pay for the document checking service and they also ensure that the documents match what is required on the checklist. I hope this makes sense.

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi Livlivuk,

Thanks for the info - it does make sense but I wanted to clarify a couple of things:

1. You say you scanned/uploaded all your documents but then they scanned your passport at the centre?

2. Whilst you were there did they go through all the documents you had uploaded and confirm they were good enough quality?

Regards,
SoS

livlivuk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by livlivuk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Hi SpouseOfSettler,

Please find my responses below:

1. You say you scanned/uploaded all your documents but then they scanned your passport at the centre? Yes, I scanned all my documents at home including my passport (I only scanned the data page of my passport) and when I got there, they scanned my passport including majority of the pages. I believe the scanner for the passport is a special one (It's not the same as the one for all the other documents that are scanned). I am guessing it scans other things in a passport that a regular scanner can't detect.

2. Whilst you were there did they go through all the documents you had uploaded and confirm they were good enough quality? Yes, they went through all the documents I had uploaded and confirmed that they were good quality. I know this because I asked them quite a few times if they were okay and they went through it one by one. They usually start with the mandatory checklist documents which I believe they have the list showing on your page in front of them and ensure you have submitted all required documents. I did not see their screen though.

Overall, they were pleased that I had uploaded from home although they still had to check to ensure the documents uploaded were good quality. Also, they did not request to see any of the original documents I uploaded and I asked why to which they replied that they can already see that they are scanned and uploaded correctly. I will advise uploading your documents if you can but if you are unable to, I believe they will help you at least that's my own experience. Hope your app goes well and hope this makes sense.

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 pm

That info is very helpful, thank you very much.

The passport scanning has put my mind at ease. I scanned every page of my wife's passport today using standard office scanner and for some reason it failed to send. I guess it does need a special one.

Re-assuring to know that they will check quality of uploads even though you hadn't paid the £35. I have already started uploading my documents and plan to have them all done by the time of my appointment.

Thanks again for the help. Hope your application is successful!

Regards,
SoS

Usman786000
Newly Registered

Post by Usman786000 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Hello
Can anyone please tell me on which address to send the old BRP card after receiving ILR.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 pm

Usman786000 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 pm
Hello
Can anyone please tell me on which address to send the old BRP card after receiving ILR.
Regards
No need to return it to HO. It would have been cancelled automatically. Keep it for future reference if needed and as a reminder of your journey.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:04 pm

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 pm
That info is very helpful, thank you very much.

The passport scanning has put my mind at ease. I scanned every page of my wife's passport today using standard office scanner and for some reason it failed to send. I guess it does need a special one.

Re-assuring to know that they will check quality of uploads even though you hadn't paid the £35. I have already started uploading my documents and plan to have them all done by the time of my appointment.

Thanks again for the help. Hope your application is successful!

Regards,
SoS

Could it be that the file of your wife's passport was too large? Ie more than 6mb? Does the sponsors entire passport have to be scanned too, please? Can you please also tell me if all the applicant's previous passports have to be scanned and uploaded. I am planning to scan my husband’s and he has several. Trying to find answers so that I know what I have to scan in preparation for my husband’s SET(M) in a few months time.

Usman786000
Newly Registered

Post by Usman786000 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 pm
Usman786000 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 pm
Hello
Regards
No need to return it to HO. It would have been cancelled automatically. Keep it for future reference if needed and as a reminder of your journey.
Oh ok
Thank you 🙏

AidenUK
Newly Registered

Post by AidenUK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:57 pm

livlivuk wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm
Hi SpouseOfSettler,

Please find my responses below:

1. You say you scanned/uploaded all your documents but then they scanned your passport at the centre? Yes, I scanned all my documents at home including my passport (I only scanned the data page of my passport) and when I got there, they scanned my passport including majority of the pages. I believe the scanner for the passport is a special one (It's not the same as the one for all the other documents that are scanned). I am guessing it scans other things in a passport that a regular scanner can't detect.

2. Whilst you were there did they go through all the documents you had uploaded and confirm they were good enough quality? Yes, they went through all the documents I had uploaded and confirmed that they were good quality. I know this because I asked them quite a few times if they were okay and they went through it one by one. They usually start with the mandatory checklist documents which I believe they have the list showing on your page in front of them and ensure you have submitted all required documents. I did not see their screen though.

Overall, they were pleased that I had uploaded from home although they still had to check to ensure the documents uploaded were good quality. Also, they did not request to see any of the original documents I uploaded and I asked why to which they replied that they can already see that they are scanned and uploaded correctly. I will advise uploading your documents if you can but if you are unable to, I believe they will help you at least that's my own experience. Hope your app goes well and hope this makes sense.
Hi livlivuk,

Thank you for the updates. I had an appointment at Glasgow centre on Friday last week. which I had the same process as yours. I am wondering whether you have received a confirmation from Sopra Steria after submission or not? I have not received anything. and also I am not sure whether my application has been sent or not!!
I still have access to Sopra Steria appointment page which still can change my appointment and can upload document too. This makes me worry!! Basically if it has been submitted I should not be able to change anything after.

livlivuk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by livlivuk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi AidenUK,

No, I have not heard anything from them; not even an acknowledgement email. I called Sopra Steria Customer service on Saturday and they confirmed they had indeed submitted to Home Office on the 6th Dec which was the day of my appointment. Will update if i hear anything. Hope this helps.

AidenUK
Newly Registered

Post by AidenUK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm

livlivuk wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm
Hi AidenUK,

No, I have not heard anything from them; not even an acknowledgement email. I called Sopra Steria Customer service on Saturday and they confirmed they had indeed submitted to Home Office on the 6th Dec which was the day of my appointment. Will update if i hear anything. Hope this helps.
Much appreciated livlivuk.

kmch
Newly Registered

Post by kmch » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm

cja_1234 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:34 am
kmch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 am
Never heard of! But at least you know your case has been approved. So I'd simply contact the Home Office about your situation. Did you get the decision email directly by your case worker?
Yes. I received the email from case worker on 28/11.
Received letter in royal mail on 8/12.
BRP not yet received.

shreehari
Nepal

Post by shreehari » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Dear members,
I have submitted my on-line application today 11th of December, but my appointment date is booked for 03 Jan, if i upload my documents now, will that be considered as the final documents or do i need to submit the fresh documents when i go on appointment on 03 Jan.
Considering the office would have just opened on 02 Jan , getting salary slips and bank statements would be quite tricky :/
Any idea ?

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:09 pm

You can collect all your documents and upload them just 48 hours before appointments , I did the same and it worked

shreehari
Nepal

Post by shreehari » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm

but ..is it not that the documents shouldn't be more than a month old from the date of ilr application ( online form submitted date ) ?
so, if we upload now , it will still be valid or did you mean to say , once uploaded , you can upload it again ?

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:45 pm

shreehari wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:22 pm
Dear members,
I have submitted my on-line application today 11th of December, but my appointment date is booked for 03 Jan, if i upload my documents now, will that be considered as the final documents or do i need to submit the fresh documents when i go on appointment on 03 Jan.
Considering the office would have just opened on 02 Jan , getting salary slips and bank statements would be quite tricky :/
Any idea ?
What date your 28day period starts? Also is the appointment at Core or Enhanced centre? Please advise.
7A8M6H

shreehari
Nepal

Post by shreehari » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm

28 days qualifying period starts in 8th dec , applied online today at dec 11 , appointment at premium service is at jan03 2019.

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 pm

shreehari wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm
28 days qualifying period starts in 8th dec , applied online today at dec 11 , appointment at premium service is at jan03 2019.
Thanks. Premium service you mean enhanced service point? How much you need to pay to schedule this appointment? Were there no appointments at Core centre? (they might taken away quickly as they're free)
7A8M6H

shreehari
Nepal

Post by shreehari » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi
I paid 3018 gbp for super premium service at Croydon . Yeah looks like even though they say you can book appointment within 5 days, doesn't seem to be the case, probably because of upcoming holidays.

Anyway's, coming back to my question, when you submit your documents, does the date of it count as per online application date or biometric enrollment date when you have the appointment ?
Please let me know, i applied on 11 Dec,but my appointment date is on jan3, do i need to show salary slips and bank statements of jan1 or the around the date i applied which is dec 11 ?
As per guidelines it says,
"28-day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application"
...its a bit of ambiguity here with the introduction of online application system.

Thanks,

General1905
India

Post by General1905 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:42 am

Hi All,

My spouse has attended appointment on 5th Dec in East ham service center for Tier 2 General dependent and we have taken "priority" service. But havent got any mail for so far.

We are little tensed about it.

Has anyone have taken priority service. Please let me know how much time did it take for you.

Thanks in advance !!