ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New online FLR(M) form - my experience so far

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npumphre
Newly Registered

Re: New online FLR(M) form - my experience so far

Post by npumphre » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:34 am

eclectic wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi Guys,

I am currently filling out this FLR(M) form online (seems to be quite different from the postal one) and have 2 questions on it so far- if anyone can offer some advice please.

1. How long have you stayed in the UK

My wife initially came to UK with me when I was on a tier 1 general visa back in 2013, she then returned home to complete her studies for about 9 months in 2015 (her visa expired in 2015 while she was in her home country) -in a meanwhile I got my ILR and then applied for a spouse visa for her- she returned to UK in 2016 on spouse visa. now I assume when answering this question, I need to include the years from 2013 rather than 2016? is that correct?

2. time spent outside UK

Me and my wife have been to various countries for short term holiday visits over the years including her absence above- would she be required to mention all those absences since 2013? including short holiday visits? there will be too many...and will that have an impact on her extension?

would appreciate if someone could give their input on this. thanks
If it was me I would list everything, including the short holiday trips. At least that way you can't get it wrong. If you skip something and they see a stamp in a passport, for example, you could get pulled up on it.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi Guys,

How's everyone experience with new UKVI's front end service? they are still giving an option via old system i.e. download and print and send in post.

any suggestions on which option works better? We are not in any hurry for decision as such but will be good to know which system is working more efficiently atm. it says, we can send both original or copies of documents. does it mean we are ok to send copies of all documents apart from passports ofcourse. But I suppose no need to send sponsors original passport? can send copy? and does each page need to be copied?

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:09 am

Hey,
It was my question too when I first wrote here. I assume both system are efficient but we decided to do the old fashion one to avoid the possible complications of finding available appointment slots..
Me myself sent originals only. My original passport and copies of all the pages of my spouse passport. In the checklist is exactly written that u can send copies or originals except the passport of the applicant which must be original. So why to make it more complicated for them by sending more papers, it will waste their time to go through everything and find what they need. ( at least it is my thought.)
I also bought reaturn when I was posting to make sure am going to have my documents back.

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 am

eclectic wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:46 pm
Hi Guys,

How's everyone experience with new UKVI's front end service? they are still giving an option via old system i.e. download and print and send in post.

any suggestions on which option works better? We are not in any hurry for decision as such but will be good to know which system is working more efficiently atm. it says, we can send both original or copies of documents. does it mean we are ok to send copies of all documents apart from passports ofcourse. But I suppose no need to send sponsors original passport? can send copy? and does each page need to be copied?
It seems quite good, apart from the strange questions. When it asked me about my other child there was an option to tick to send information. I chose not to tick those as they were irrelevant (e.g my wife's access arrangements to my other son). However, when I got to the final Document section I was forced to tick that I would send the information I'd declined on the previous screen. There was no way to proceed unless I ticked it. I wrote a cover letter to explain that I wasn't going to send.

Other than that it's pretty straightforward. Good luck!

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am

This thread has been very useful, we have been holding off starting the application until the 28 days starts, but from what I've read here we can get most of the application filled in before that time? And submit once the time comes ?

Also, has anyone chosen the new service to scan documents, are there many time slots? Does anyone know if you can go back and choose the postal if it doesn't work out? My worry is we can apply from about 5 days before Christmas so I'm worried the new centres won't even be open for much for the 10 ( or 15) days we have to submit.

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 am

Leaf wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am
This thread has been very useful, we have been holding off starting the application until the 28 days starts, but from what I've read here we can get most of the application filled in before that time? And submit once the time comes ?
Exactly. That's the information I was missing, how far in advance could I start the application. It gives you chance to prepare to submit any evidence you weren't expecting. For example, it now asks you to submit a letter from a friend or relative to say that you've been living where you're living in the last 2 years. I'd never seen that requirement before. Luckily my dad had already written a letter.

I completed the entire form up until the payment section in advance. Then I could print off the declaration forms, sign them, and add them to my pack. I also wrote a cover letter to explain why I couldn't provide some of the evidence they forced me to say I would, even though it was bonkers.

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 pm

npumphre wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 am
Leaf wrote:
Exactly. That's the information I was missing, how far in advance could I start the application. It gives you chance to prepare to submit any evidence you weren't expecting. For example, it now asks you to submit a letter from a friend or relative to say that you've been living where you're living in the last 2 years. I'd never seen that requirement before. Luckily my dad had already written a letter.

I completed the entire form up until the payment section in advance. Then I could print off the declaration forms, sign them, and add them to my pack. I also wrote a cover letter to explain why I couldn't provide some of the evidence they forced me to say I would, even though it was bonkers.
Right, they love making it more and more stressful don't they!

Was there anything else you can remember they added, that you weren't expecting? I saw on this thread something about noting down holidays the applicant has been on? Do they ask for proof for that ?

Thanks!

npumphre
Newly Registered

Post by npumphre » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Leaf wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 pm
npumphre wrote:
Leaf wrote:

Was there anything else you can remember they added, that you weren't expecting? I saw on this thread something about noting down holidays the applicant has been on? Do they ask for proof for that ?

Thanks!
If you don't have a child with someone else, then there won't be any surprises. If you do then they ask for the birth certificate of your ex (lord knows why). They do ask for a letter from a friend or relative to say you've lived in your place, which might be new for some people.

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:50 pm

npumphre wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:18 pm
Leaf wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 pm
npumphre wrote:
Leaf wrote:

Thanks!
If you don't have a child with someone else, then there won't be any surprises. If you do then they ask for the birth certificate of your ex (lord knows why). They do ask for a letter from a friend or relative to say you've lived in your place, which might be new for some people.
Okay, thanks for the info!

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Leaf wrote:

Also, has anyone chosen the new service to scan documents, are there many time slots? Does anyone know if you can go back and choose the postal if it doesn't work out? My worry is we can apply from about 5 days before Christmas so I'm worried the new centres won't even be open for much for the 10 ( or 15) days we have to submit.
yes, same issue. I dont think submitting few days before Xmas is a good idea..everything will be closed until new year...better off doing it right after 1st Jan..ive completed it up to chosing between old or new service...would like to see more feedback from people before going ahead with one..so far ive seen people complaining abt scanning issues at centres and fewer appointments..so probably sensible to let them sort those teething issues first..

does anyone know the price diff between new and old system? and since everything can be scanned over including passport and BRP..can you travel after submitting application (provided u return before expiration of current visa)?

mbist

Post by mbist » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Leaf,
Below might be useful:
-One can start online application 8 weeks in advance, so that's pretty good.
-They do ask for birth certificates for both parents, we couldn't provide one and explained in the cover letter.
-They do ask for applicant's travel abroad in this relevant period, no need to provide proof, just the dates, country and reason.
-No passport photos required now.
-I used the existing service and posted the docs to Sheffield.
-Print all declarations, checklist, sign and post them.

Good luck.

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:10 pm

mbist wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:30 pm
Leaf,
Below might be useful:
-One can start online application 8 weeks in advance, so that's pretty good.
-They do ask for birth certificates for both parents, we couldn't provide one and explained in the cover letter.
-They do ask for applicant's travel abroad in this relevant period, no need to provide proof, just the dates, country and reason.
-No passport photos required now.
-I used the existing service and posted the docs to Sheffield.
-Print all declarations, checklist, sign and post them.

Good luck.
That's great thank you. Is it Birth certificates for the sponsors parents? So strange.

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 am

No no....
It's for the child's parents (ie Spouse and the Sponsor, or if there is another parent), even he/she is British and not in the application.