ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered

British Citizenship - FPN issue

Post by ashirjavedch » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi guys,
I applied for Naturalization on 20th of November. I had no convictions except an FPN due to speeding in Germany in April 2018. I forgot to mention in my online application. When I realized after a week, I immediately wrote a letter and sent to the Home Office including all letters received to me from Germany. I did not challenge FPN and paid 70 +28.50 Euro administration fee in advance. I sent the letter by special guaranteed delivery.
What do you think, it will be a problem for me? because I have read in the application pack that if you want to change any details, you need to make a new application.
is there any such case before, that someone informed the Home Office after submitting the application.
Thank you in advance for your precious comments.

Ashirjavedch.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: British Citizenship - FPN issue

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:54 pm

no worries. single speeding won't affect
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered

Post by ashirjavedch » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Thank you very much cyclina1for your response, but my question is does Home Office accept such letters because I wrote a letter after one week of submitting my application. I discussed one of my friends, who is solicitor here in the UK, he said, Home Office will consider your letter because your application is not decided yet. However, it is stressful for me until I get my decision. Thank you very much once again.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:29 am

It has no affect anyway, as said before a single speeding offence has no impact on the 'good character' requirement for citizenship.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

zindagi03

Post by zindagi03 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 am

equitydealer wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:29 am
It has no affect anyway, as said before a single speeding offence has no impact on the 'good character' requirement for citizenship.
Hi
how many FPN could be disregarded.
Many thanks

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 pm

zindagi03 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 am
equitydealer wrote:
Hi
Many thanks
Have you read through Annex D to chapter 18: The good character requirement (click link) where at 3.2 Fixed Penalty Notices, Penalty Charge Notices & Penalty Notices for Disorder on page 11 it gives info re the good character requirement and what would be disregarded etc.

zindagi03

Post by zindagi03 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 pm

Ancestor wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 pm
zindagi03 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 am
equitydealer wrote:
Hi
Many thanks
Have you read through Annex D to chapter 18: The good character requirement (click link) where at 3.2 Fixed Penalty Notices, Penalty Charge Notices & Penalty Notices for Disorder on page 11 it gives info re the good character requirement and what would be disregarded etc.
Many thanks Ancestor for quick response.

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Application Question

Post by ashirjavedch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi
I am also a November applicant. My passport fee was deducted on 09 January. I had an FPN and I sent the letters to the home office regarding my FPN. Actually, it was a speeding ticket from Germany. I forgot to mention in the application, so I wrote a covering letter to explain and sent with original letters from Germany. Yesterday Home office returned my documents and covering letter, nothing else in the envelope.
One thing is very strange, that on my covering letter (returned to me), someone may be the caseworker wrote with a pen "CEREMONY APPROVED 16/01/19" Under this sentence, one line is written, CEREMONY INVITE 17/01/19. I cannot understand, what does it mean, I was suspecting further letter from the home office today but nothing. Any comment?