ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Photos for new service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SpouseOfSettler

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 pm

Thanks allyf, would be great to know.

Glad it's not only me that thinks it is different to paper form!

SoS

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:15 am

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 pm
Thanks allyf, would be great to know.

Glad it's not only me that thinks it is different to paper form!

SoS
Ok I have now finished the finance section...you are right SpouseOfSettler..they appear to be asking “evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live” AND Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live”.....
I own the house with my husband and we have a joint mortgage together. This appears to be causing the issue...

However, it does give a disclaimer at the bottom of that page... “This evidence is not needed but is preferred. You must check this box even if you are not giving this evidence to show that you have understood this”

What does this mean really?! Do we or don’t we?

I have the mortgage agreement and was planning to submit as one of my proof of address with my husband...not sure if I can apply same evidence for this section too?

CR001, what do you think?

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 am

Hi allyf,

Thanks for the update. I did not notice the disclaimer but it just adds to the confusion!

I would like to know if the same document can be submitted in multiple categories. I have council tax bills that I plan to use for proof of address as well as evidence of council tax costs.

CR001, you have been helpful so far and would appreciate your thoughts on this?

Regards,
SoS

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:48 am

The system is pretty new and not properly updated yet. I am Tier 1 and the online form asks for evidence for 2 things which is NOT required by the guidance.

So I would suggest follow the guidance only. If the guidance says its not required dont worry about checking the boxes in the online form.

Also the passport size photos are no longer required for the new online system. A digital photo will be taken at biometric appointment. A service message was rolled out regarding this on 1st Nov when the new system started.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 am

Hi tier11417,

Thanks for confirming about the passport photos no longer being required.

With regards to the guidance, are you saying it has not been updated for the new service?

SoS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:01 am

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 am
Hi tier11417,

Thanks for confirming about the passport photos no longer being required.

With regards to the guidance, are you saying it has not been updated for the new service?

SoS
As I said, the rules and requirements have not changed. It is only the application process and submission system that has changed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:39 am

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:48 am
The system is pretty new and not properly updated yet. I am Tier 1 and the online form asks for evidence for 2 things which is NOT required by the guidance.

So I would suggest follow the guidance only. If the guidance says its not required dont worry about checking the boxes in the online form.

Also the passport size photos are no longer required for the new online system. A digital photo will be taken at biometric appointment. A service message was rolled out regarding this on 1st Nov when the new system started.
HI tier11417 and SpouseOfSettler, online advises to tick the box “even if you are not providing evidence”....which means it is coming up on the checklist at the end...I’m Assuming we need to definitely tick the box?
Also can you please send the link of the guidance?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 pm
See below links for the Set M paper form (archived) and the Set M Guidance Notes.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-setm

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -07-18.pdf
Already provided on page 1!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 pm
See below links for the Set M paper form (archived) and the Set M Guidance Notes.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-setm

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -07-18.pdf
Already provided on page 1!
Sorry thank you I just noticed you posted it earlier

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:44 am

Final document check

Thank you to everyone who has contributed in this thread. I just wanted to do a final document check before we go to the Visa centre tomorrrow. I would like particular attention to the dates of documents that show proof of cohabitation over last 2.5 years - are they spaced out evenly enough?

Wife visa expiry: 31/12/18

Mandatory documents

- mine and my wife's passports
- my signed declaration

Other documents

- mine and my wife's signed contracts of employment
- mine and my wife's letters from respective employers

- my printed bank statements from Mar - Dec (these are online version as paper copies have not come through depsite ordering 2 weeks ago, so had to print online and get stamped in branch)
- my payslips from Mar - Nov (I've been in employment longer but wanted to match bank statements)
- my P60

- wife's posted bank statements from May - Dec
- wife's payslips from May - Nov (she started her job in May, was unemployed prior to that)

- wife's Masters degree certificate taught at University in the UK
- wife's Life in UK test pass letter
- my passport again for proof of settled status in the UK
- wife's current BRP

- latest utility bills for evidence of monthly housing costs

Proof of cohabitation

10 documents in total (2 joint, 8 individual):

1. Council tax bill 2017-18 in Joint Names
2. Council tax bill 2018-19 in Joint Names

3. Wife's NHS letter June 2016 (will this be accepted as part of 2.5 years??)
4. Wife's mobile bill Dec 2016
5. Wife's mobile bill Dec 2017
6. Wife's HMRC letter Sep 2018

7. My gas bill July 2016
8. My gas bill Sep 2016
9. My water bill Nov 2017
10. My electricity bill May 2018

Other documents

- our marriage certicate
- signed mortgage acceptance form

Thanks,
SoS

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm

The new online form gives a checklist at the end. I meant, it can make some errors as the new online form is very new.

As I said, similarly the check list for Tier 1 also demands for two documents which are not required by the guidance but we have to tick the boxes to proceed.

But we have to follow the guidance so dont worry about checking the boxes in the check list.

If you think something is not required as per the guidance but the online form check list is demanding that, you should follow the guidance as the final source. You can explain that in the cover letter if needed.

I cant comment any further on your particular case as I am not aware of your category but I just wanted to draw a similarity how the online form check list can be misleading.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Sorry, should have mentioned my wife is applying for her ILR through the 5 year route using form SET(M).

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm
The new online form gives a checklist at the end. I meant, it can make some errors as the new online form is very new.

As I said, similarly the check list for Tier 1 also demands for two documents which are not required by the guidance but we have to tick the boxes to proceed.

But we have to follow the guidance so dont worry about checking the boxes in the check list.

If you think something is not required as per the guidance but the online form check list is demanding that, you should follow the guidance as the final source. You can explain that in the cover letter if needed.

I cant comment any further on your particular case as I am not aware of your category but I just wanted to draw a similarity how the online form check list can be misleading.
Thank you Tier11417 for the information. I have checked the boxes for those two new items and I will just go ahead and submit those docs (as I have them anyway)... just to make sure I have no issues raised down the line..

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:28 pm

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:19 pm
Sorry, should have mentioned my wife is applying for her ILR through the 5 year route using form SET(M).
I’m also SET M 5 year route ILR so I can’t take any chances so will provide what I can. Online form has also asked about problems at immigration which I unfortunately had on my arrival in the UK as a fiancé..the old paper form did not ask this but the online is..so Ever so slightly irritating as I thought all that was behind me but it’s all being dredged up again. I’m guaranteed to have delays on this aspect… Luckily I kept all the paperwork from that including reference numbers so fingers crossed. I wasn’t aware this question would be used so have just hired an immigration lawyer to assist in a few aspects of my application. Let’s see...

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:11 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:28 pm
SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:19 pm
I’m also SET M 5 year route ILR so I can’t take any chances so will provide what I can. Online form has also asked about problems at immigration which I unfortunately had on my arrival in the UK as a fiancé..the old paper form did not ask this but the online is..so Ever so slightly irritating as I thought all that was behind me but it’s all being dredged up again. I’m guaranteed to have delays on this aspect… Luckily I kept all the paperwork from that including reference numbers so fingers crossed. I wasn’t aware this question would be used so have just hired an immigration lawyer to assist in a few aspects of my application. Let’s see...
That is annoying. Looks like you have all the paperwork to back it up and good idea hiring an immigration lawyer.

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:13 pm

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:44 am
Final document check

Thank you to everyone who has contributed in this thread. I just wanted to do a final document check before we go to the Visa centre tomorrrow. I would like particular attention to the dates of documents that show proof of cohabitation over last 2.5 years - are they spaced out evenly enough?

Mandatory documents

- my signed declaration

Other documents

- my printed bank statements from Mar - Dec (these are online version as paper copies have not come through depsite ordering 2 weeks ago, so had to print online and get stamped in branch)
- my payslips from Mar - Nov (I've been in employment longer but wanted to match bank statements)
- my P60

- wife's payslips from May - Nov (she started her job in May, was unemployed prior to that)

- wife's current BRP

Proof of cohabitation

7. My gas bill July 2016
8. My gas bill Sep 2016

Other documents

- our marriage certicate

Thanks,
SoS
Can anyone confirm if these documents are sufficient? Do I need a cover letter to explain why the bank statements are printed and stamped? Also, is my proof of cohabitation documents spaced evenly enough?

Just want to make sure everything is there for tomorrow.

SoS

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 pm

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:13 pm
SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Final document check

Mandatory documents

- my signed declaration

Other documents

- my P60

- wife's current BRP

Proof of cohabitation

7. My gas bill July 2016
8. My gas bill Sep 2016

Other documents

- our marriage certicate

Thanks,
SoS
Can anyone confirm if these documents are sufficient? Do I need a cover letter to explain why the bank statements are printed and stamped? Also, is my proof of cohabitation documents spaced evenly enough?

SoS
I don’t think you will need a cover letter from bank explaining why stamped, I am doing the same and not providing any cover letter.

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 pm
SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:13 pm
SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Final document check

Mandatory documents

- my signed declaration

Other documents

- my P60

- wife's current BRP

Proof of cohabitation

7. My gas bill July 2016
8. My gas bill Sep 2016

Other documents

- our marriage certicate

Thanks,
SoS

SoS
I don’t think you will need a cover letter from bank explaining why stamped, I am doing the same and not providing any cover letter.
Great, I won't add one then.

Do you reckon I am missing any documents?

SoS

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm

It looks good to me… I would just recommend providing more than less.. so if there are any other correspondence throw in a couple more.
I have a slightly more complicated case where we moved houses three times in the last 2.5 years. Only because we were waiting for our house to finish building... i’ve provided about 12 pieces of correspondence (6 each) and anything joint we have ( mortgage, council bill).. however those two are going to be placed in both the evidence of housing costs !! I was organized until I started filling out the online form !!
Best of luck tomorrow and please do keep us posted

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Thanks allyf.

I know how you feel....we were organised too until we realised the system has changed!

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 am

Just wanted to say a big thank you to CR001 and allyf for the help and advice.

We (finally!) submitted yesterday. Our experience of the service centre was not pleasant. Took close to 4hrs to go through the whole process. This was due to too many appointments and not enough staff. To their credit, the staff never got grumpy and showed a lot of patience.

Thankfully it's all done, now just have to cross fingers and wait for the decision.

SoS

PatSGold
Newly Registered

Post by PatSGold » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:54 am

Why are you sending your marriage certificate? My online application list does not ask for that...

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:05 pm

My didn't too. I included as just an extra document as evidence of our marriage date/location as there were questions related to it on the form.

You don't have to include if you don't think it is necessary.

SoS

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:34 am

Did you send signed consent declaration to allow home office to check your documents?

MonsterJb
Newly Registered

Post by MonsterJb » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:53 am

Hi,Did you have to provide the photos ? Iam going for set O ILR .please can someone confirm this for the new visa system for super priority.