ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application | Driving Offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application | Driving Offence

Post by irfanahmad186 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:11 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have following Driving offence which expired on Nov 16th , 2018. However, removal date is Nov 2019.

Should I declare it as part of my online application or not ? Thanks in advance.

Offence date: 16 Nov 2015
Expiry date: 16 Nov 2018
Removal date: 16 Nov 2019
Offence details
SP50: Exceeding speed limit on a motorway
Penalty points: 3

Regards,

Ahmad

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Application | Driving Offence

Post by irfanahmad186 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:33 pm

irfanahmad186 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:11 pm
Dear Gurus,

I have following Driving offence which expired on Nov 16th , 2018. However, removal date is Nov 2019.

Should I declare it as part of my online application or not ? Thanks in advance.

Offence details

Regards,

Ahmad
My submission is tomorrow so any answers would be highly appreciated . TIA...

Legia1916
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Legia1916 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:48 pm

hello Ahmad

Don't you worry man, it is an offence but not a criminal one! yes declare it on a separate sheet i.e. page 22

you'll be grand, 100% it will have no impact on your application, as it was only a speeding ticket you got! don't be over thinking

relax and good luck

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Legia

many thanks for the prompt reply. Much Apprecaited !

on a side note, for 10 years employement record, do we have to declare self employment too ? I was self employed for 2 years in last 10 years in UK.

Regards,

Ahmad

AliSufii

Post by AliSufii » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:52 pm

irfanahmad186 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:11 pm
Dear Gurus,

Offence details

Regards,

Ahmad
My understanding:

You must declare it.

And it will not do any negative impact on your application. You will not be refused for this at least.

Mind, you must declare it though. (DO NOT TAKE RISK OF DECEPTION) it is not worth at all, the punishment for deception is 10-year ban. Single driving offense that is about to be removed will never ever do any damage then why taking risk of deception?

Best of luck

AliSufii

Post by AliSufii » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:59 pm

irfanahmad186 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:48 pm
Hi Legia

many thanks for the prompt reply. Much Apprecaited !

on a side note, for 10 years employement record, do we have to declare self employment too ? I was self employed for 2 years in last 10 years in UK.

Regards,

Ahmad
The proper solution would be:

Apply SAR (subject access request) from HMRC and declare everything it is there (Self-employment and PAYE) apply two SAR's.

Declaring according to SAR is the best way to approach this employment section.

HMRC is the one HO checks with. and if anything that is there in HMRC's record that you did not declare (intentionally / unintentionally) it might lead to deception. So why take the risk. Request SAR and wait to receive it, and only then put the application in.

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have my appointment tomorrow at Croydon tomorrow and I will share the experience later once done with it.

I have seen in one of the posts about Bank statements also required for the appointment, is that the case ? If yes, for how long?

Thanks in advance.

Irfan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm

irfanahmad186 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm
Dear Gurus,

I have my appointment tomorrow at Croydon tomorrow and I will share the experience later once done with it.

I have seen in one of the posts about Bank statements also required for the appointment, is that the case ? If yes, for how long?

Thanks in advance.

Irfan
Not required. Presumably you have ILR and have stamps in your passports to prove residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:32 pm

AliSufii wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:59 pm

The proper solution would be:

Apply SAR (subject access request) from HMRC and declare everything it is there (Self-employment and PAYE) apply two SAR's.

Declaring according to SAR is the best way to approach this employment section.

HMRC is the one HO checks with. and if anything that is there in HMRC's record that you did not declare (intentionally / unintentionally) it might lead to deception. So why take the risk. Request SAR and wait to receive it, and only then put the application in.

So SAR is the best way to get employment history up to 10 years? Does anyone know how quickly they send it? I read 28 days somewhere, wonder if anyone has received it quicker.

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi,

My SAR almost took a month to arrive.

Irfan

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Dear All,

Today I attended my appointment at Croydon.

The UKVCAS centre is at a different location than HO building and is located at bell point few mins walk away from Croydon east station.

Staff was very welcoming and helpful. After security checks, we have been asked to go on First floor where we were checked in by scanning our QR codes present on Appointment Confirmation letter. They also scanned info page of my passport. Then I have been asked to go in a booth where I did my biometrics and picture.

Then was asked to wait in the lobby. After 10 min wait , one person took me to ground floor for document verification. The lady asked me for following documents

1- Proof of application
2- Passport
3- Proof of identity ( Passport)
4- Two referee letters
5- LIUK test certificate
6- BRP

I told her that I have already uploaded all these documents on the website. She checked and confirmed that she has found all the documents. Even then she scanned by Passports again including Referee docs and BRP.

I also told her that I have uploaded some additional documents including Marriage certificate and English Language test which she confirmed she found in her records.

My wife was asked the same documents except for one unexpected request from her i.e to provide a proof of address for her. Luckily, I had a utility bill which I provided to her. She then asked for my approval to submit the application which I provided her.

I was out from the centre in an hour time without any issues or hassle. The staff there has no idea about submitting the passport application at the same time, therefore, presumably, it is not possible any more. Also, they were unable to provide any timelines for decision as it still lies with HO and UKVCAS is just a layer between application and HO for docs verification and submission.

I will keep you informed on the outcome. Thanks all for your help.

Ahmad

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Dear All,

After my appointment at UKVCAS on Friday at Croydon, I have not got any confirmation from HO regarding submission of my application. Does anyone know how long it generally takes before you get a confirmation email?

Many thanks.

Ahmad

fahad346

Post by fahad346 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 pm

irfanahmad186 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 pm
Dear All,

After my appointment at UKVCAS on Friday at Croydon, I have not got any confirmation from HO regarding submission of my application. Does anyone know how long it generally takes before you get a confirmation email?

Many thanks.

Ahmad
Hello Irfan,

I attended my appointment at UKVCAS on Friday at croydon too. I have received confirmation email yesterday from UKVI directly with case ref.

Regards

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 am

Thanks Fahad for sharing your experience.

Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the confirmation email from HO. what time was your appointment , as mine was at 13:00 Hrs

Irfan

fahad346

Post by fahad346 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:22 am

irfanahmad186 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 am
Thanks Fahad for sharing your experience.

Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the confirmation email from HO. what time was your appointment , as mine was at 13:00 Hrs

Irfan
I booked sameday appointment at 5pm. Check your junk folder just in case

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:45 am

Yes checked that too Bro, nothing yet.....will wait until CoB today. Thanks

Irfan