ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

norty109

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by norty109 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Since someone who applied on 7th got email yesterday, it logically implies that people like me or others (applying from Tier 2 to ILR) who have not got decision yet that our applications might be pending further checks relating to immigration history, HMRC or banking checks. These are only checks I understand are not live and done through protocol. Police checks etc are all live so they cannot take time. So we got to be patient I understand. Good luck fellas.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:09 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:16 pm
allyf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:02 pm
oldmankensey wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:10 am
application: 12th Nov
Mark Lane, London Premium appointment: 30th Nov

just called UKVI and escalated. I also chatted to the woman about the whole situation.

1. They are totally snowed under with work and she said at least half the calls they're getting at the moment are dealing with slow decisions.

2. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some are being badly delayed and others are going through in a day or two. Nothing geographical or based on which route you are on.

3. She took a call this morning from someone who had their premium appointment on 18th November so me, whose appointment was 30th November, didn't feel great about that.

4. "It's all a mess, it's because of the new system, there was no planning for it at all."

I have to say, I'm starting to get nervous because I'm seeing Christmas coming over the hill, my wife's FLR runs out on January 3rd and, most of all, because there's a decent chance we'll be having to re-apply due to the whole date issue.
Hi oldmankensey, would they not consider the fact that your application was submitted before your wife’s expiry deadline? And therefore they accept the submission date as the start of the new visa? I’m assuming it would be like an application that sent by post?
I''m not too concerned about this application, but I may have to re-apply, or appeal due to the date issue that is discussed in the link I posted. Although someone got SET(M) approval in the same circumstances yesterday, so that gave me some hope.
Sorry oldmankensey just read your previous posts on your application posted too early. I’m optimistic that with the cover letter you provided, it will help your cause. And I think HO will be lenient on cases of people who applied too early. Surely they will understand the growing pains of this new process, look at how their “super priority service” is operating!!! I think they will make you sweat a bit longer, but your approval will come before Jan 3....hang in there!

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Just called the same number again today at 14:10.
I told them that I called yesterday and i received a response saying that the application is within the service standard when it clearly is not as I applied for super priority which is 24 hours decision.

The lady took down my details and found my details on the system and sent it back with a note that my application is outside of service standard as it was supposed to be 24 hours.

Hoping to receive some update now.

Has anyone else done this and got a difference response from them?

Min8585
Newly Registered

Post by Min8585 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:56 pm

I went to mark lane London to give documents for scanning and for biometric for ILR set M.

Went on 5/12/18 and it’s 11/12/18. No communication whatsoever ever. I paid for a supe priority service which cost £600 more for 24 hour decision. When I enquired they said it is indeed a 24 hour decision but we get a letter in 5 working days.

I don’t understand some people are getting email and some people are getting letter. It appears they process certain routes/ visa faster. My husband visa expires in 25/12 . hw won’t be be able to work but will have to reapply when visa comes.

The system only allows you to apply 28 days prior to visa finishes which is not enough time l

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi all

I finally got my BRP!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so relieved because now I can travel for xmas

,My time line is as follows:

I applied on 5 November 2018

I was entitled to apply starting 4th December

My appointment in Mark Lane was 5 December

I have not received any letters or emails, BRP just received today dated 6 December

My route is Set(O) Tier 2 General

I would also like to assure those who question whether applying (i.e. submitting online application) before you are entitled is a problem, I did that and there was no problem at all.

ANy questions please ask and I would be so happy to answer

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm

mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm
Hi all

I finally got my BRP!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so relieved because now I can travel for xmas

I have not received any letters or emails, BRP just received today dated 6 December

I would also like to assure those who question whether applying (i.e. submitting online application) before you are entitled is a problem, I did that and there was no problem at all.

did you make any reference to the date problem in your application or did you just wait to see what happened without mentioning it?

also, did you get the BRP via DX or Royal Mail?

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm

I wrote a cover letter explaining that I called the UKVI on 5 November asking about which date is considered my date of application before I submitted my online application and they confirmed to me over the phone that it is the date of appointment (which is true). I explained all of that in my cover letter which I submitted with my documents and uploaded it under category 'proof of application'

I also included the period between the entry clearance being issued and me entering the UK in my 5 years period and it went fine

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 pm

mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm
I wrote a cover letter explaining that I called the UKVI on 5 November asking about which date is considered my date of application before I submitted my online application and they confirmed to me over the phone that it is the date of appointment (which is true). I explained all of that in my cover letter which I submitted with my documents and uploaded it under category 'proof of application'

I also included the period between the entry clearance being issued and me entering the UK in my 5 years period and it went fine
Important for members who are applying on SET M to note that the period between visa start date and entering the UK is NOT relevant to SET M and is ONLY applicable to PBS route applications for ILR who can enter within 180 days after visa start date if they choose. Two different routes and immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manuelabe
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by manuelabe » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:25 pm

mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Hi all

Congratulations!! happy for you. I have about 8 working days now for it to come and i am super anxious too as i have flights booked for xmas... on the 22nd. Praying mine comes too but I submitted my Biometrics on the 24th of Nov and it was 10 days on friday... so I am hoping it is already somewhere in the mail.

However, your case gives me hope. Can I ask if you had to call / email to escalate your case?
Last edited by manuelabe on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:44 pm

manuelabe wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:25 pm
mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Hi all

Congratulations!! happy for you. I have about 8 working days now for it to come and i am super anxious too as i have flights booked for xmas... on the 22nd. Praying mine comes too but I submitted my Biometrics on the 24th of Nov and it was 10 days on friday... so I am hoping it is already somewhere in the mail.

However, your case gives me hope. Can I ask if you had to call / email to escalate your case?
Thanks very much and I hope you receive yours very very soon and make your xmas plans!

I have called the UKVI on 6 December , they said they cannot really do anything before 5 working days have passed , so it is not an escalation because they even did not ask about my name.

However, I had receieved an email around late November (by that time I have not applied) asking me to submit my biomeric asap otherwise I will suffer delays, I replied to that email on 5 December just after my appointment confirming that I applied and asking for decision within 24 hours as promised.

The email was from 'TIer 2 and 5 work flow team): email address:
T2&5WT@homeoffice.gov.uk

I understand this email address concerns only tier 2 route

Good luck!!!

cemj
Newly Registered

Post by cemj » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:50 pm

My husband received his BRP today via DX - FLR(M)

Submitted application online 29th Nov
Attended Sopra Steria Centre on 3rd Dec
Received email confirming leave was granted 7th Dec
BRP arrived 11th Dec

Hope everyone hears soon!

nishi
Newly Registered

Post by nishi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 pm

mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Hi all

That's a great news !!. Congrats!.

My wife submitted PBS dependant application on 30th Nov and is still waiting for any correspondence. One thing that happened was that they didn't even collect her current BRP which they use to collect in same day appointment. Was your BRP collected or do you have both old and new ones?

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:44 pm

nishi wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 pm
mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Hi all

That's a great news !!. Congrats!.

My wife submitted PBS dependant application on 30th Nov and is still waiting for any correspondence. One thing that happened was that they didn't even collect her current BRP which they use to collect in same day appointment. Was your BRP collected or do you have both old and new ones?
Thanks very much and I hope your wife gets her soon.

I still have my old and new BRP. No one collected my old one at the appointment.

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jane2018 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:51 pm

My case was not decided within 24 hours. Instead I received generic email claiming my case is of an extreme complexity.

My case is a straighfrward spouse application on 5 year route (I already hold a valid spousal leave to remain). I think the Home Office is lying and symply delaying the decision for lack of resources. Absolutely shocking.

But no complaints against Sopra. They are good. Well-organized. It is a shame they are not decision-makers.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm
Thank you Daisy but their explanation re 24 hour turnaround time is ridiculous! They could have said they did not promise but aim to make decision within 24 hours!
daisyuk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi all, I thought I'd share my experience and what I know to date:

Nov 28th I attended my Super Priority appointment at 7:30am at London premium lounge (Mark lane). It was for Tier2 General Visa. I arrived early around 7:05 and was seen at 7:28am; left the lounge by 7:50am.

Today I called the 0300 123 2241 to enquire about the status since 24 hrs have passed. What I was told was:
- the 24 hr is not 24 natural hour window, should be 24 working hr. This means that if my application was made on 7:30am on 11/28, a decision should be made by morning of 11/30
- after a decision is made, I'll be notified of the result in 5 working days
- the way I'll be notified depends on the centre, it could be email, or second class mail
- if i don't hear anything by 12/07, I should call back again

So I guess, allow up to 2 working days after your appt for a decision to be made, and hopefully the case worker/centre chooses email rather than 2nd class mail to notify result so we all know as soon as possible!

Hope this helps and hope I'll hear from HO very soon!
I agree with Ilovethebattles. The explanation of 24 hours is complete BS. They could have said, 3 working days and made it cheaper. £3000 is no mean money to come by and most people will agree with me. It takes some borrowing and some hard savings. HO should keep to their timelines and promises of delivering a decision in 24 hours.

jagzmann
Newly Registered

Post by jagzmann » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 pm

I think a few of us are still confused about date of submission / appointment as date of application and i can't find any guideline to support this. Can you please explain how you mean on the highlighted below?
mahmoudsayed86 wrote:

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 pm

mail9 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am
i called the home office and they said it was escalated only yesterday! so it is going to take 3 to 5 days for the decision to be made and 10 days for brp to come through. i could have applied for the standard service ,.
Mail9, can you get a refund?

As a general question, if the 24 hour time period expires OR the 3-4 days waiting period that everyone seems to be getting extends to 5 or more days, can we apply for refunds. From my perspective, thats a good £600

advanceswine
Newly Registered

Post by advanceswine » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi,

just would like to update my application for the benefit of other applicants.

Online application form submitted 11 November 2018
Super Priority Appointment at 20 Mark Lane, London on 4 December 2018
No communication at all
BRP received on 11 December 2018

Please note that I had employment gap of more than 60 days that was previously a reason for rejection but now not a issue as the requirement has been removed.

BRP expires on 2024

I have really benefited from this forum from very beginning for understanding various visas requirements and changes. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Wanted to touch base with others to see if anyone has made a booking for this week or next with sopra steria. I’m within my 28 days starting next week and I’m hopeful that I’ll get an appointment either the 19th, 20th or 21st...I want this application out of my hair before Christmas!! I read on another post someone didn’t get an appointment until Jan 3. Am I being slightly ambitious that appts will be available before Xmas? I was planning for Liverpool but I’m willing to drive anywhere..!!

cja_1234

Post by cja_1234 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 am

Applied online & did biometrics on 1 Dec at Machester Central Library
Application is SET(O) under 5 years' Tier 2 route with "Super Priority" service

Escalated twice on 4th and 10th December.

No news until now (12th Dec in the morning).

jagzmann
Newly Registered

Post by jagzmann » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:20 am

I just called and the lady said the day of submission is the date of application 'confused.com :cry: '

mahmoudsayed86 wrote:

seventimesandmore
Newly Registered

Post by seventimesandmore » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:42 am

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to shine some hope in here, as I was reading this morning while anxiously waiting the promised email informing us whether my husband got his FLR(M) extension (2nd half of the 5yr route, a very straightforward application).

We paid for the Super Priority 24hr Service and he attended a BRP appointment at the Premium Lounge first thing yesterday morning (11th Dec). We received an email this morning (12th Dec) just after 9am confirming his visa has been granted and that the BRP will arrive in the post soon. So it was definitely a true 24hrs for us. Perhaps the teething problems are starting to work themselves out. Sorry to all those frustratedly still waiting and good luck, I hope you receive word very soon, I know from experience (7 visas over the years!) how much stress it can cause waiting.

mail9

Post by mail9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 am

cja_1234 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 am
Applied online & did biometrics on 1 Dec at Machester Central Library
Application is SET(O) under 5 years' Tier 2 route with "Super Priority" service

Escalated twice on 4th and 10th December.

No news until now (12th Dec in the morning).
same for me , applied on 26th november. no reply. no issues with my application at all, completely straight forward.
escalated twice on 4th and 10th

mail9

Post by mail9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:05 am

Ritchie12 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 pm
mail9 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am
i called the home office and they said it was escalated only yesterday! so it is going to take 3 to 5 days for the decision to be made and 10 days for brp to come through. i could have applied for the standard service ,.
Mail9, can you get a refund?

As a general question, if the 24 hour time period expires OR the 3-4 days waiting period that everyone seems to be getting extends to 5 or more days, can we apply for refunds. From my perspective, thats a good £600
it is hard earned money.yes. but dont think they will give any refund as there are so many people in the same boat.

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:35 am

Anyone whose ILR Set (O) application (tier 2 route) has been approved via. the new sopra steira appointment confirm whether they can access the original application still?

i.e. the one that they made via.the visas-immigration.gov.uk link, something like this:-

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/resume/(some characters here)

Just wondering if this is still accessible by the ones whose application is approved and have got BRP or decision email/letter?

As this can confirm whether a decision has been reached or not?
I can still access mine so just wondering and speculating, that is all we can do while we go through this ordeal