ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vcok
Newly Registered

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by vcok » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:54 am

Dear All,

Received an important update today by calling the Home Office.

If you have paid for 24 hour service, but keep receiving the note that 'your application is within the standard service time', it means there is a high chance there was a systematic mistake with your application and at the moment your application is considered under standard 6 month period.

As an action point from your side, please call Home Office an inform that you are under 24 hour Super Premium & there is a systematic mistake.

Background on my application;
1st of December appointment, 24-hour service with Sopra Steria.
Any attempt to receive an update had an email - you are still within the standard service. Only today they finally admitted the mistake.

Best of luck.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 am

Your message is not clear. Do you mean "mistake with your application" or "mistake with their system"?

In my case, I got same message saying it is within standard time but shortly after that a caseworker contacted me about the application. But yes, it appeared that they first contacted me telling me that I am not eligible yet i.e. they might have put my application on hold.
vcok wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:54 am
Dear All,

If you have paid for 24 hour service, but keep receiving the note that 'your application is within the standard service time', it means there is a high chance there was a systematic mistake with your application and at the moment your application is considered under standard 6 month period.

As an action point from your side, please call Home Office an inform that you are under 24 hour Super Premium & there is a systematic mistake.

Any attempt to receive an update had an email - you are still within the standard service. Only today they finally admitted the mistake.

Best of luck.

ecu-daba
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Post by ecu-daba » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 am

mail9 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 am
cja_1234 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 am
Applied online & did biometrics on 1 Dec at Machester Central Library
Application is SET(O) under 5 years' Tier 2 route with "Super Priority" service

Escalated twice on 4th and 10th December.

No news until now (12th Dec in the morning).
same for me , applied on 26th november. no reply. no issues with my application at all, completely straight forward.
escalated twice on 4th and 10th
Hi, I also applied on NOV 26th, and have not received any communications at all. Tier (2 General) 5 year route. No issues at all with my application. I have escalated twice (4th and 12th Dec). The guy at the call centre at UKVI told me that although they haven't received any formal notification from the HO about delays, they are taking dozens of escalations from ILR applicants using the super priority service. They do not why the cases are taking that long but certainly confirmed the delays. I also want to reiterate that there are no issues at all with Sopra Steria. I called them two days after my appointment and were able to confirm the exact time stamp of my uploaded documents and gave me a formal confirmation that all documents, including biometrics were successfully uploaded.

The HO phone line told me they have up to 10 working days to issue a communication. This period has now elapsed. They apologised about the caseworker not contacting me within the 5 working day period, but they also do not know why has this happened.

Basically, there is no follow up or escalation process after the 5 working day deadline has passed. All they do once you call again, is re- escalate the query which brings it back to square one. The caseworker therefore has no incentives to process your application quicker as nothing happens if they do not contact you within the stipulated 5 working days. They know that all we can do is to re-escalate again and wait for another 5 working days. In other words, the call centre seems to be a box ticking service aimed to satisfy the fact that they are required to take in a compliant and/or log a query but nothing happens on the other end. They do not anything about the case, the case worker or the situation with your application. So , basically, you just have to wait until the case worker decides to process your application regardless the 24hr super priority service.

It is totally shocking and unacceptable how they charge you and extra £600 on top of the already overpriced application fee for ILR and simply break their service standards. Hundreds of people opt for the Super Priority Service as they have travel/work deadlines arranged. The worst thing of all is that they do not even have the common sense to at least send an email explaining the reasons for the ongoing delays and expected process times. They can at least do this for all normal applications which seem to be the case for nearly all the people posting on this board.

I will submit an update as soon as I receive any communications.

Good luck to all.

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 am

Just called again today at 11:00 am after my call yesterday to them where they updated my application to 24 hours service standard.

I was told to wait until 2:11PM today as that is when I called yesterday for HO to come back.

I am guessing that maybe HO has made an error with 24 hour super priority ones and only when you call them they are making the applications super priority?

vcok
Newly Registered

Post by vcok » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:33 am

badhodor wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 am
Just called again today at 11:00 am after my call yesterday to them where they updated my application to 24 hours service standard.

I was told to wait until 2:11PM today as that is when I called yesterday for HO to come back.

I am guessing that maybe HO has made an error with 24 hour super priority ones and only when you call them they are making the applications super priority?
After my call today, this is my understanding as well. This is in case you keep receiving the note 'it is within the standard service time'.

Please share an update if you have any, more people push for this error, the faster hopefully this will be sorted.

Thanks, badhodor

mail9

Post by mail9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:34 am

what number did you call

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:37 am

mail9 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:34 am
what number did you call
Same number mail9, 03001232241. Option 4 and then option 1

mail9

Post by mail9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:19 pm

For all your information, i just called the number. the lady at the other end said that if i have received an email from home office, now i have to wait for 4 weeks and only call back on January 10th. she was very rude and told me that she is not there to reassure and go on to complain if i want to.

mail9

Post by mail9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:21 pm

ecu-daba wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 am
mail9 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 am
cja_1234 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 am
Applied online & did biometrics on 1 Dec at Machester Central Library
Application is SET(O) under 5 years' Tier 2 route with "Super Priority" service

Escalated twice on 4th and 10th December.

No news until now (12th Dec in the morning).
same for me , applied on 26th november. no reply. no issues with my application at all, completely straight forward.
escalated twice on 4th and 10th
Hi, I also applied on NOV 26th, and have not received any communications at all. Tier (2 General) 5 year route. No issues at all with my application. I have escalated twice (4th and 12th Dec). The guy at the call centre at UKVI told me that although they haven't received any formal notification from the HO about delays, they are taking dozens of escalations from ILR applicants using the super priority service. They do not why the cases are taking that long but certainly confirmed the delays. I also want to reiterate that there are no issues at all with Sopra Steria. I called them two days after my appointment and were able to confirm the exact time stamp of my uploaded documents and gave me a formal confirmation that all documents, including biometrics were successfully uploaded.

The HO phone line told me they have up to 10 working days to issue a communication. This period has now elapsed. They apologised about the caseworker not contacting me within the 5 working day period, but they also do not know why has this happened.

Basically, there is no follow up or escalation process after the 5 working day deadline has passed. All they do once you call again, is re- escalate the query which brings it back to square one. The caseworker therefore has no incentives to process your application quicker as nothing happens if they do not contact you within the stipulated 5 working days. They know that all we can do is to re-escalate again and wait for another 5 working days. In other words, the call centre seems to be a box ticking service aimed to satisfy the fact that they are required to take in a compliant and/or log a query but nothing happens on the other end. They do not anything about the case, the case worker or the situation with your application. So , basically, you just have to wait until the case worker decides to process your application regardless the 24hr super priority service.

It is totally shocking and unacceptable how they charge you and extra £600 on top of the already overpriced application fee for ILR and simply break their service standards. Hundreds of people opt for the Super Priority Service as they have travel/work deadlines arranged. The worst thing of all is that they do not even have the common sense to at least send an email explaining the reasons for the ongoing delays and expected process times. They can at least do this for all normal applications which seem to be the case for nearly all the people posting on this board.

I will submit an update as soon as I receive any communications.

Good luck to all.
they are not helping in any way. unfortunately every time i speak i get connected to the same person.

mail9

Post by mail9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:38 pm

she did not take my details or any thing.

mail9

Post by mail9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 pm

any advise?
is there any other alternative than waiting 4 weeks

mail9

Post by mail9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:50 pm

was there a different lounge for super priority in birmingham, or was it with all the applicants.

Min8585
Newly Registered

Post by Min8585 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi just wanted to share my experience with the new system UKVCAS. Applied for ILR ( SET )

Submitted application online super priority service 24 hour on 28/11/2018. Cost £3200 + Got reply confirming receipt of application same day.

Got the next available appointment 5/12/18 at premium lounge sopra- expensive slot £260 in London- mark lane. Submitted documentation for scanning, biometric ect. Length: 1 hour ten minutes. Not bad.

Received letter on 12/12/18 confirming approval of ILR , await biometric. Letter dated 5/12/18 -same day as appointment. So decision within 24hours.

When I enquired with UKVCAS about reply the confirmed they make decision in 24 hours but you receive letter in 5 working days- which excludes your weekend obviously. Biometric comes in 7 working days from the 5/12/18.

The system only allows you to apply 28 prior to current visa expiry which is not a long time,I think they should allow people to submit at least 3 months prior.

So happy and relieved. My husband is the applicant, now he can update his work.

I hope everyone receives good news too.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 pm

vcok wrote:
Dear All,

Best of luck.
Hi I also have applied under Super Priority Service. When I completed online application(before attending appointment), I received an email stating that it may take up to six months to make decision on your case. Also on 04th December when I escalated it I received an email mentioning we are unable to process your referral as our record shows your application is still with in the service standard.
Yesterday when I called HO, one gentleman called (Ahmed) picked up the call and he mentioned to me there was a technical issue as they were sending referrals to wrong department, now they have rectified the issue and he took my details and mentioned I will hear from HO soon.
I keep my fingers crossed so that i can get some positive response soon.

cja_1234

Post by cja_1234 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:30 pm

vcok wrote:
Dear All,

Best of luck.

I just called the call centre again saying that I received an acknowledgement email addressing to my old names and "it may take up to 6 months" and this email makes me suspicious whether there is a system error. The guy to took my call was kind enough to emphasize and took all my details to escalate again.

To repeat the situation:
ILR SET (O) Tier 2 route, super priority service
Online application and biometrics all on the same day 1 Dec at Manchester Central Library
3 escalations so far including the call just now..

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:51 pm

jagzmann wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 pm
I think a few of us are still confused about date of submission / appointment as date of application and i can't find any guideline to support this. Can you please explain how you mean on the highlighted below?
mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm
I wrote a cover letter explaining that I called the UKVI on 5 November asking about which date is considered my date of application before I submitted my online application and they confirmed to me over the phone that it is the date of appointment (which is true). I explained all of that in my cover letter which I submitted with my documents and uploaded it under category 'proof of application'

I also included the period between the entry clearance being issued and me entering the UK in my 5 years period and it went fine
I mean it is true that the UKVI staff advised me over the phone that the date of application will be the date of appointment and NOT the date of submitting the application online. I have noticed that some people were advised the opposite...I am not sure how the HO thinks about this to be honest but what I am sure about that it worked in my case

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Called again today at 14:31 and xxxxx picked up. He said to wait till end of the day today as I called yesterday at 2:11PM and HO could reply to the end of the day today (if at all) and to call tomorrow as per the escalation.

So... fingers crossed.

nishi
Newly Registered

Post by nishi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:00 pm

badhodor wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:14 pm
Just called the same number again today at 14:10.
I told them that I called yesterday and i received a response saying that the application is within the service standard when it clearly is not as I applied for super priority which is 24 hours decision.

The lady took down my details and found my details on the system and sent it back with a note that my application is outside of service standard as it was supposed to be 24 hours.

Hoping to receive some update now.

Has anyone else done this and got a difference response from them?
Hi, Which is the number on which I can escalate? We have to fly next Thursday but have not got any communication till now.

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:08 pm

03001232241. Option 4 and then option 1

nishi wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:00 pm
badhodor wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:14 pm
Just called the same number again today at 14:10.
I told them that I called yesterday and i received a response saying that the application is within the service standard when it clearly is not as I applied for super priority which is 24 hours decision.

The lady took down my details and found my details on the system and sent it back with a note that my application is outside of service standard as it was supposed to be 24 hours.

Hoping to receive some update now.

Has anyone else done this and got a difference response from them?
Hi, Which is the number on which I can escalate? We have to fly next Thursday but have not got any communication till now.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm

badhodor wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:34 pm
Called again today at 14:31 and xxxx picked up. He said to wait till end of the day today as I called yesterday at 2:11PM and HO could reply to the end of the day today (if at all) and to call tomorrow as per the escalation.

So... fingers crossed.
xxxxx was the one who told me that problem with the system and the HO will contact you immediately. However other person who pick the phone still say you have to wait for 3-5 days. Lot of contradiction... and chaos. I hope we have some resolution soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:32 pm

sunnysakhi wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm
badhodor wrote:
Called again today at 14:31 and xxxx picked up. He said to wait till end of the day today as I called yesterday at 2:11PM and HO could reply to the end of the day today (if at all) and to call tomorrow as per the escalation.

So... fingers crossed.
xxxxx was the one who told me that problem with the system and the HO will contact you immediately. However other person who pick the phone still say you have to wait for 3-5 days. Lot of contradiction... and chaos. I hope we have some resolution soon.
@ users 'badhodor' and 'sunnysakhi' - DO NOT name HO or call centre staff on the forum. They have NOT given you permission to post their names, even a first name, on a public internet forum for all to see and have the right to their privacy!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:32 pm
sunnysakhi wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm
badhodor wrote:

So... fingers crossed.
@ users 'badhodor' and 'sunnysakhi' - DO NOT name HO or call centre staff on the forum. They have NOT given you permission to post their names, even a first name, on a public internet forum for all to see and have the right to their privacy!!!
Hi CR001
pOINT nOTED.. will not mention names.

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm

I called again this afternoon to re-escalate my case and the lady who answered the phone said she's done it again and put urgent on the request. I asked her to confirm if my application was being processed as standard or super priority, and she said she can't see that information. I asked her if she was sure it was being escalated to the team dealing with super priority service and she said yes. She was really polite on the phone but said this is all she can do for me and that if I haven't heard back again, there's no other option for me but to call back again!

I'm not sure if making it urgent would have made any difference but I will let you all know if I hear back from anyone. It's been two full weeks today since my Sopra appointment on 28th Nov...

X LIN
Newly Registered
China

Post by X LIN » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi everyone I have book super priority appointment this week. I have one question to ask. My solicitor have uploaded all document already. So the day I come to the service center do I need to upload again? Because I have been told even I have uploaded before the appointment day, I still need to take all the original document to the service center. So do I need to upload again in the service centre? Is anyone know the answer will very appreciate. Thanks

X LIN
Newly Registered
China

Post by X LIN » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi I have a question to ask you please. You mentioned you uploaded the document before come to the appointment. My solicitor have uploaded document already so the day I come to center do I need to upload again? Thanks
mginn79 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi all,

Also wanted to share my experience with the new process:

- Paid £60 for 12pm appointment in Cambridge on Friday 16 November (Set M, premium service)
- Arrived early (11.30am)
- Was told to make sure that I was in the general area 5 minutes before appointment by a worker at the library
- Sat in the cafe area adjacent to the desk
- Happened to ask a member of staff if I needed to inform them that I was here to be told that there were significant delays and they handed me a ticket basically meaning that the paid appointment was void and that other people who should have been after me were probably seen before me
- Other people that had an appointment at 10am had not been seen still when I turned up
- No clear signs up anywhere detailing the delay and what visitors need to do when they arrive
- We were finally seen at around 4.30pm and the appointment took approximately 25 minutes (all of my documents were scanned in prior to the appointment so the 25 minutes were for the biometrics and to confirm all scanned documents were legible)
- Many people were turned away from their appointments because of the delays (biometric machine and internet connections issues)
- There was only 1 station to deal with appointments, it wasn't closed off so it wasn't very private so others could hear and see what was going on
- The staff that were carrying out the appointments were doing the work on behalf of Sopra Steria and did receive a lot of abuse from angry customers which was uncalled for as they were not from Sopra Steria
- Overheard one of the staff say that too many appointments had been issued which also caused a backlog so FYI, be prepared for a very long day!
- Have since sent a complaint to Sopra Steria and requested to have the appointment fee refunded and will also be asking for a contribution to our £25 car park fee because we were there for over 5 hours.
- As another FYI, please do your best to upload your documents in advance as the equipment seemed from reliable.

Now I just wait for my outcome which hopefully will be Monday/Tuesday as the application was submitted just after 5pm so that might cause a slight delay.

Good luck to everyone that has to go through this and also let me know if there are any other topics that I can post this to so more are aware.