ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does UK Naric certificate for English language assessment is mandatory ??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi Experts,

I need urgent help from you guys

VERY VERY VERY URGENT GUY'S as I don't have time and my appointment is on 17th Monday

As I am applying for British citizenship from NEW SERVICE called SOPRA STERIA on Monday 17 December, So I have little time to prove it

Query:-

I have studied Degree in BSC and Masters from INDIA and medium of language is ENGLISH

I am just confused myself that Do I need to provide UK NARIC certificate for English Language assessment for British citizenship or If I just show my INDIA degree BSC certificate, then is it going to be considered for british citizenship application.

Please help me guys

I don't have the NARIC certificate at the moment to prove my degree was taught in english

What I have at the moment are...

1) my INDIA degree certificate and was taught in English

2) Comparability for British bachelor degree but it doesn't say that it was taught in English ( I have applied this more than 4 years ago when I have applied for ILR)

3) A letter from my University (india) and it says that degree was taught in English ( But i took this letter more than 10 years ago)

Please experts let me know if take all above 3 options then its okay for applying british ctizenship from Sopra Steria service or just show ONLY DEGREE is fine or not??

or

Do I definitely need NARIC certified for my INDIA degree??

I am just confused then please let me helps

Thanks

LongResidence

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does UK Naric certificate for English language assessment is mandatory ??

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:46 pm

The same advice you were given in 2016 applies.

british-citizenship/applying-for-britis ... l#p1382386

What did you use to meet the English requirement for ILR and when did you apply for ILR (exact date)??

You do realise that your previous bad quality documents/deception issue can still affect the outcome of your citizenship application.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-refu ... l#p1175832
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:49 pm

Thanks for the information

I forgot to mention that the question I was asked in relation to my wife's applying British citizenship application for the above topic now

I am sorry that I should have mentioned it before

Anyway could you please let me know as per the below topic, as I have really little time

Below is the topic that I have asked

Thanks

LongResidence

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:42 am

Q2: Which are the Exempt categories?:

You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you:
1. met this requirement, on or after 28th October 2013, in order to obtain settlement (ILR or PR), or
2. are under 18, or
3. are aged 65 or over, or
4. are unable to, because of a long-term physical or mental condition (You must provide a letter from a doctor confirming your physical or mental condition), or
5. are a national of the any of the following countries:
Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
Dominica
Grenada
Guyana
Jamaica
New Zealand
Republic of Ireland (for citizenship only)
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
USA

Q3: I am not exempt. How do I go about fulfilling the requirement on the basis of a degree taught or researched in English?

You will need to apply for a document from NARIC.

Q4: I need to apply for a document from NARIC as evidence of English language proficiency requirement. Should I apply for ELA / SoC or through the newly launched Visa & Nationality Service (V&NS)?

UK qualification - The new V&NS does not allow you to input "UK" as the country of study.
Academic qualification - You don't need any document from NARIC. If in doubt, check with NARIC if they can issue ELA for a UK academic qualification.
Vocational qualification - You cannot use a vocational qualification as evidence without a confirmatory document from NARIC. You will need to apply for ELA from NARIC.
Overseas qualification - If you need to apply for a NARIC letter and will be doing so on / after 06-Apr-2016, IMHO, you should apply using the newly launched Visa & Nationality Service (costs) and should not opt for the standard ELA / SoC. This will save you from changes regarding naturalisation application wrt English language proficiency.

Note: Please check with Home Office whether ELA / SoC letters are still accepted for naturalisation applications submitted after 06-Apr-2016.
I think this (highlighted in red) applies to you, as you are not on the exempted list of countries and you have a degree taught in English outwith the exempted countries, therefore from my understanding you do require a document from NARIC.

Already answered by CR001 in 2016, but here is the link again.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.