ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility - Switch Tier 2 to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anan_88
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility - Switch Tier 2 to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent

Post by anan_88 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi,

Would my time on Tier 2 be counted towards ILR eligibility if I switch my visa from Tier 2 to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent. I know for sure that time on Tier 2 for ILR eligibility is not counted when switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1 entrepreneur. Do same rules apply for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR eligibility - Switch Tier 2 to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent

Post by CR001 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wannabeirish
Newly Registered

Post by wannabeirish » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:13 pm

anan_88 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:16 pm
Hi,

Would my time on Tier 2 be counted towards ILR eligibility if I switch my visa from Tier 2 to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent. I know for sure that time on Tier 2 for ILR eligibility is not counted when switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1 entrepreneur. Do same rules apply for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent?

Thanks.
I had three years on Tier 2 General and switched to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent (which I literally only held for a few weeks before I immediately applied for, and was granted, ILR).

Cost an absolute fortune as I did both the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Stage 2 application in-person, and also the ILR application in-person, but it meant that it was all dealt with quickly. The PSC I used was not familiar with this route though, I was the first Tier 1 Exceptional Talent case going to ILR after three years that they had seen.

bsn1980in
Newly Registered
India

Post by bsn1980in » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi

Thanks for sharing this. Does it make a difference if you are Tier2 main application or Tier2 dependent?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:40 pm

bsn1980in wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:30 pm
Hi

Thanks for sharing this. Does it make a difference if you are Tier2 main application or Tier2 dependent?

Regards
1. Kindly start your own topic with your questions and circumstances instead of tagging onto another members thread.

2. You cannot combine PBS main visa with PBS Dependent visa to make up the 5 years for ILR!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.