ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending documents assistance - Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

barokut
BANNED

Spouse visa - How to provide evidence that all documents submitted?

Post by barokut » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:53 am

Hi,

My spouse from abroad will apply for a Spouse Visa shortly and I will take the documents to an appointment/biometric centre then submit to Sheffield. Some people I know have been refused their visas due to "missing documents" even though all of the documents have indeed been submitted. I'm aware this doesn't happen often but I noticed this situation have been increasing more and more as this is a way of making more money for the Home Office and I do not want to be a victim.

Is there anything I can do to keep evidence that I have submitted all of the documents in order to reduce the risk of refusal? I was thinking of video recording while I am in the appointment centre showing the documents I'm sending and also do the same when sending them to Sheffield by post but is there any alternative way? I'm asking this because I'm not sure if I''m even allowed to record in an appointment centre.

I would appreciate a response. Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa - How to provide evidence that all documents submitted?

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:43 am

Video recording won't work. In my view a signed covering letter highlighting what has been attached is more effective.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Ahhh I see. In regards to signature, should it be signed by me or the solicitor or the staff at the appointment centre?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 pm

barokut wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 pm
Ahhh I see. In regards to signature, should it be signed by me or the solicitor or the staff at the appointment centre?
Whoever is writing covering letter, usually you/solicitor.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Oh ok. Thanks.

barokut
BANNED

Sending documents assistance - Spouse Visa

Post by barokut » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:53 am

Hiya mate,

I'm going to apply for my spouse visa shortly but I noticed on forums online that all documents must be A4 size. Does this mean for original documents or just the photocopied documents?

My original relationship photos are A6 size for instance. Another example is my passport.

So do those original documents need to be scanned to A4 size and submitted to Sheffield? Here is the link so it's easier for you to understand my question:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ms/en/sitec ... -documents

I'd greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Sending documents assistance - Spouse Visa

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:37 am

Any document that are not A4, you send the original and also send a photocopy of that document printed into A4 paper. For example marriage certificates in Bangladesh or Pakistan are bigger than A4 and a weird size, so that would need to be photocopied and sent with original.

They ask to send in A4 sizes so that it is easier for them to scan all documents into their systems.

You do not need to send a seperate file of photocopies for everything else.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:49 am

Hi Londoner007,

How about wedding photos, do I need to photocopy them onto A4 size paper as well?

Thanks

Shah

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:55 am

Some people send original plus print it onto A4 paper. Others even stick them 2 x 2 on a A4 paper. I would personally send original and then send printed onto A4.

Make sure at the back of the photos you write brief description - who, where and when for example " Shah and Amina Wedding reception, Biswanath community centre, Sylhet: 12/12/2017 "
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Ohhhh. Ok thank you brother.