ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marikistin
Philippines

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Marikistin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Alterhase58 thank your reply it is helpful to get insight(s) from other members experiences. :)

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Shoutout to Brasileira... Congrats on your application being approved!!! :) i applied the same time as you and done my biometrics the same date as yours as well,so hoping for some news soon...Enjoy! A good time to end your week :) and thank you for sharing your timeline.

masoodhussain
Newly Registered

Post by masoodhussain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 am

Hi All.

I dont know its a right thread to apply.

I wanna apply for naturalization under 3 years category. but i spent 290 days outside uk in last 3 years instead of 270 days.

so my question is can i apply now ?

Many thanks in advance

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:59 am

Does the Home Office send the Approval letter separate from your documents and the ceremony letter separately as well? Getting really anxious now. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Marikistin wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:59 am
Does the Home Office send the Approval letter separate from your documents and the ceremony letter separately as well? Getting really anxious now. Thanks.
Yes as has been answered many times on the forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brasileira77
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Brasileira77 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:51 pm

Marikistin wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm
Shoutout to Brasileira... Congrats on your application being approved!!! :) i applied the same time as you and done my biometrics the same date as yours as well,so hoping for some news soon...Enjoy! A good time to end your week :) and thank you for sharing your timeline.

Thanks! :)
I do believe what somebody has said here at some point before : your process is as fast as your caseworker!
However, I am pretty certain that our applications are kind of separated into groups (even if informally): EEA, BC spouse, Non EEA Family members of EEA nationals, Refugees, etc, etc... I wasn’t sure where mine was, but even though I am normally just an observer on social media, I thought it was important to share my experience, just in case somebody was on the same boat.
Good luck!!

Brasileira77
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Brasileira77 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:34 pm
Marikistin wrote:
Maybe not always... My Approval Letter just arrived yesterday, on the same pre-paid envelope I have sent with my application (and with all my returned documents - minus the LITUK test certificate)
Ceremony Invitation letter not included though, and it hasn’t arrived yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Brasileira77 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:57 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:34 pm
Marikistin wrote:
Maybe not always... My Approval Letter just arrived yesterday, on the same pre-paid envelope I have sent with my application (and with all my returned documents - minus the LITUK test certificate)
Ceremony Invitation letter not included though, and it hasn’t arrived yet.
It can take a week or two for the ceremony letter to arrive if your approval letter is not the combined approval/ceremony invitation letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brasileira77
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Brasileira77 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:54 pm

[quote=masoodhussain post_id=1711665 time=1543628948 user_id=207440]
Hi All.

I wanna apply for naturalization under 3 years category. but i spent 290 days outside uk in last 3 years instead of 270 days.

I wouldn’t... the Guide says if you are applying as a spouse of BC (I am guessing this is your category), your residency requirements are 3 years, with a maximum of 270 days out of the UK. It doesn’t count your days travelling out/ into the country though...
Anyway, if my office received over 100.000 applications a year, the easiest way to get rid of some of my workload would be to eliminate the ones who didn’t qualify under specific, written rules!

I wouldn’t take the chance not even for one day...

Best wait a little bit longer...

I understand times are uncertain, but if there is a category that I would consider “safe” is the British Citizens’ partners/ spouse (again, I am making assumptions here).

All the best, and please be patience!

masoodhussain
Newly Registered

Post by masoodhussain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:57 pm

hi Brasileira77
many thanks for quick reply . you are absolutely right. that i am going to apply under British citizen' spouse category. but i read on home office website that 300 absences could be disregarded but qualifying period is 270 out of 3 years .

so i am confused what to do now?

many thanks

masoodhussain
Newly Registered

Post by masoodhussain » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:54 pm

hi
Let me clarify my scenario.
aoa
i got ILR so now i wanna apply naturalization under BC spouse category . first i came in uk may 2013 but left after 4 months and then came back uk in 23 dec 2015. but still i spent 288 days outside uk. i read that qualifying period is 270 days out of 3 years but i also read in same file that 300 absenses are normaly disregarded in 3 years.
so in this scenario, can i apply on 23 dec 2018?
many thanks in advance

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Dear Gurus,

Need your Urgent reply got few quires regarding neutralization process for my Child

1. My kid was born in Oct2014, in india at that time me and my wife were on ILR i got my BC in 2015, i recenty brought my kid to UK in 07Jun2018 on ILR, had to keep her in india due to lack of family support in UK.
2. My question is can i apply form my kids Neutralization now or do i need to have to wait for 3 years?

3. If i can apply please can you advise me the correct form i need to use to apply.

Your urgent reply is really appreciated

Thanks
Akvk47

Johnny12
Newly Registered

Post by Johnny12 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi guys,

Hope someone can advise me. I sent my application online and received confirmation email from HO on 13/11 with my case ID. I had my JCAP appointment next day, and the biometric too. Since then nothing happened which is fine but yesterday I received an identical email to the first HO confirmation but this time with a different case ID. What does this mean? Is that normal? I applied with my partner who does not get the second email and case ID. One more thing: passport fee was taken today for both of us. I am bit worried about this second email and secon case ID. I would really appreciate help with this one. Thank you.

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Johnny12 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:35 pm
Hi guys,

Hope someone can advise me. I sent my application online and received confirmation email from HO on 13/11 with my case ID. I had my JCAP appointment next day, and the biometric too. Since then nothing happened which is fine but yesterday I received an identical email to the first HO confirmation but this time with a different case ID. What does this mean? Is that normal? I applied with my partner who does not get the second email and case ID. One more thing: passport fee was taken today for both of us. I am bit worried about this second email and secon case ID. I would really appreciate help with this one. Thank you.

Same thing happened to us too. This means HO has lost your Biometrics info and will send you a letter prepaid for another biometric enrolment request. Unfortunately it has caused our application to bedelayed and i hope tis not the same case for you.

Johnny12
Newly Registered

Post by Johnny12 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:00 am

Johnny12 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:35 pm
Hi guys,

Same thing happened to us too. This means HO has lost your Biometrics info and will send you a letter prepaid for another biometric enrolment request. Unfortunately it has caused our application to bedelayed and i hope tis not the same case for you.

Dear Amyski04, thanks for your help! Do you happen to remember how much delay had this caused? Days, weeks? Thank you.

Mood:

Post by avatar16 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 am

masoodhussain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 am
Hi All.

Many thanks in advance
is better to avoid it now. try to apply after your absence for the last 3 years will be less than 270

mt0007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by mt0007 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 am

Dear Gurus,

A quick question - I recently changed my first name using deedpoll so my valid BNO and HK passports are of the same name but I have not changed the name on BRP yet. I can apply for naturalisation later this month - can I apply using my existing BRP?

OR I need to change the name on it first? :roll:

thanks for any help here :mrgreen:

masoodhussain
Newly Registered

Post by masoodhussain » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:30 am

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 am
masoodhussain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 am
Hi All.

Many thanks in advance
is better to avoid it now. try to apply after your absence for the last 3 years will be less than 270
many thanks avatar16 for clearing the confusion and giving me right direction . otherwise i was going to apply in few days .
thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:52 am

HO usually disregard the small extra absence. 20 days extra should not be an issue at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

masoodhussain
Newly Registered

Post by masoodhussain » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:52 am
HO usually disregard the small extra absence. 20 days extra should not be an issue at all.
Hi
Many thanks CR001. i am really thankfull for all the guidance got from all moderator and specially CR001.
i am going to apply naturalization on 23rd december , even though its 288 days.
many thanks again

Vasco82
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Vasco82 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Good afternoon,

Please accept my apologies and feel free to point me in the right direction in case information regarding this specific aspect is available. This is my first time and message on this forum.

Referring to the last page (31) of the Form AN, more specifically section 10 which alludes to documentation requirements to prove NI contributions, the the following 3 document types are listed:

- payslips
- P60's
- Employer(s) letter(s) to confirm employment period(s) including start and finish dates.

Myself and my wife are both applying for British Citizenship and we both worry about the fact that the wording either /or is not mentioned on this section for what we believe are redundant documents between themselves. We wonder if someone could confirm that the requirement is really for all of the above document types to be attached to our application meaning the option to send one type of document/letter covering the relevant period listed (for instance the employers letters only) is not an option. We have received contradictory information on the phone regarding this aspect hence the context remains unclear to us.

Thank you for you assistance much appreciated

mt0007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by mt0007 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Please may I ask if anyone thinks there is an issue? thanks
🙏🙏🙏

mt0007 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 am
Dear Gurus,

A quick question - I recently changed my first name using deedpoll so my valid BNO and HK passports are of the same name but I have not changed the name on BRP yet. I can apply for naturalisation later this month - can I apply using my existing BRP?

OR I need to change the name on it first? :roll:

thanks for any help here :mrgreen:

Malikss

Post by Malikss » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:04 am

Hello every one sir i have a question i am non eea pr holder and applied natrulization and which was granted i made my ceremony on 12th of December and i am going out of country on 25 December for 3 months hopefully i will get my british passport. if dont i have my pr biomatric card with me cause at the time i applied with ndrs+jcap so my question is can i travel with my biomatric card or i need to give it back after ceremony please i already made my ticket help me with this thank you every one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:28 am

Malikss wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:04 am
Hello every one sir i have a question i am non eea pr holder and applied natrulization and which was granted i made my ceremony on 12th of December and i am going out of country on 25 December for 3 months hopefully i will get my british passport. if dont i have my pr biomatric card with me cause at the time i applied with ndrs+jcap so my question is can i travel with my biomatric card or i need to give it back after ceremony please i already made my ticket help me with this thank you every one.
Yes you can travel as your PR card appears to be issued under the eea rules.

You will likely have your British passport by the time you travel anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Malikss

Post by Malikss » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Thank you cr001