ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Scanning for UKVAS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

frmglasgow

Passport Scanning for UKVAS

Post by frmglasgow » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi there,

Do we need to scan all the pages of the passport to upload or the front page with all pages with stamps on? I got new passport and its unused, wondering if I scan just the front page or complete?

Thanks!

michali
Member of Standing

Re: Passport Scanning for UKVAS

Post by michali » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I would scan all pages even if blank. Also if you have a new passport, I would think you need to scan your previous passport(s)

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:38 pm

I scanned all pages including blank. Better take few more minutes for peace of mind.
frmglasgow wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 pm
Hi there,

Do we need to scan all the pages of the passport to upload or the front page with all pages with stamps on? I got new passport and its unused, wondering if I scan just the front page or complete?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:17 pm

I would personally scan all the pages for the passports that cover my qualifying period (5 years time period for ILR) (in my case it falls under 2 passports)

I would not bother scanning all previous 5 passports (that is irrelevant to my qualifying period) that go back to 1987! I think the first page and stamps are ok with previous passports but scan all passports pages that cover qualifying period.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:17 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:17 pm
I would personally scan all the pages for the passports that cover my qualifying period (5 years time period for ILR) (in my case it falls under 2 passports)

I would not bother scanning all previous 5 passports (that is irrelevant to my qualifying period) that go back to 1987! I think the first page and stamps are ok with previous passports but scan all passports pages that cover qualifying period.
So are you scanning just the bio pages and stamps of any previous passports? My husband’s go back to 1961!! I still might scan all of them, just in case.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Yes just the bio page and stamps for previous passports that are not relevant to my qualifying period. But this is just my personal opinion.

Tbh the online form only asks for the current passport. It does not even mention about any previous passports so I dont think it will be a problem. Anyways I will take all original passports to the centre and if they want they can scan the rest if needed.

I remember the old paper form asked for any previous passports also and I remember inputing numbers also. But the online form only asks for the current passport surprisingly.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 pm
Yes just the bio page and stamps for previous passports that are not relevant to my qualifying period. But this is just my personal opinion.

Tbh the online form only asks for the current passport. It does not even mention about any previous passports so I dont think it will be a problem. Anyways I will take all original passports to the centre and if they want they can scan the rest if needed.

I remember the old paper form asked for any previous passports also and I remember inputing numbers also. But the online form only asks for the current passport surprisingly.
Thanks, that is interesting! Good idea about taking previous psssports with you in case.