ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 GAE nothing but dead ends! Please help!

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TexasREFIC
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Tier 5 GAE nothing but dead ends! Please help!

Post by TexasREFIC » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:20 pm

All,

Thanks for your consideration of my problem. I am at the end of my emotional health with this. I'll summarize point-by-point:

1. My fiancee has secured a position in the UK beginning in June 2019. We will be legally married before this date. She will likely work in this position for two years minimum on a Tier 2 visa that is awarded as common practice for the role.

2. I am going into my final semester of my two-year MBA program here in the states, and will study abroad in the UK for the final semester, beginning in January. I have a full-time course load, but I will have very wide capacity to work full time during the semester.

3. I am seeking internships in the UK to work from January to June. I have some companies that are interested in hiring me to work in this capacity. I would further seek full-time employment in the UK after returning to the United States in May to graduate.

4. My UK host school will not consider a Tier 4 (I won't be with them for long or often enough), and the employers cannot/will not sponsor a Tier 2 for an intern.

5. I meet all school and financial requirements for the Tier 5 GAE visa.

6. I began an application with BUNAC for their Intern-in-Britain application, paid the initial application deposit fee, and they were initially very happy to help. In the interests of better coordination, I shared with them that my fiancee will be arriving on a Tier 2 visa in June, so I will join her when she does. The instant BUNAC compliance found out about this, they disallowed my BUNAC Intern-in-Britain application. The Tier 5 visa application was never started, and they now refuse to sponsor me. I have yet to receive word on if I am eligible for a refund of the deposit.

7. BUNAC cited one reason, then a different reason, to disallow my application. The first was my "intention to stay in the UK longer than six months." The second was my "intention to move permanently to the UK."

8. It seems ridiculous to me that my entire sponsorship can be disallowed by my "intent" to do something that's completely legal (joining my spouse on her Tier 2, eventually attaining my own Tier 2 from an employer for full-time work).

I am simply seeking a way to intern in the UK prior to her arrival, from January to June of 2019, as it is critical to our financial plans. Is there any way to do this? Are there any competitors to BUNAC? I'm scared to hide this from another exchange org, as I don't want to jeopardize future Tier 2 eligibility for her or myself, but I didn't think they would altogether shut my application down just because I'm going with her later. We've made a ton of plans and leveraged our announcements to connections in order to facilitate her position which is highly competitive. It feels like everything is trying its best to fall apart. Anything would help at this point.

Very kindly,

The Texan