ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AMH

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by AMH » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:34 pm

shreehari wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Hi
I paid 3018 gbp for super premium service at Croydon . Yeah looks like even though they say you can book appointment within 5 days, doesn't seem to be the case, probably because of upcoming holidays.

Anyway's, coming back to my question, when you submit your documents, does the date of it count as per online application date or biometric enrollment date when you have the appointment ?
Please let me know, i applied on 11 Dec,but my appointment date is on jan3, do i need to show salary slips and bank statements of jan1 or the around the date i applied which is dec 11 ?
As per guidelines it says,
"28-day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application"
...its a bit of ambiguity here with the introduction of online application system.

Thanks,
The date of submission is the date that'll be taken into consideration and it should not be over 28day Qualifying period.
You need to show the documents whatever available when you applied online. If you have any additional documents on the day of BR appointment then that can uploaded on that day.
7A8M6H

neilajgaonkar
Newly Registered

Post by neilajgaonkar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 pm

shreehari wrote:
Hi
I paid 3018 gbp for super premium service at Croydon . Yeah looks like even though they say you can book appointment within 5 days, doesn't seem to be the case, probably because of upcoming holidays.

Anyway's, coming back to my question, when you submit your documents, does the date of it count as per online application date or biometric enrollment date when you have the appointment ?
Please let me know, i applied on 11 Dec,but my appointment date is on jan3, do i need to show salary slips and bank statements of jan1 or the around the date i applied which is dec 11 ?
"28-day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application"
...its a bit of ambiguity here with the introduction of online application system.

Thanks,
Sreehari, did you look for appointment only at Croydon? and did you look at enhanced service points? Having no appointment for so many days with 50 centres seems not right

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:26 pm

neilajgaonkar wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 pm
shreehari wrote:
Hi

Thanks,
Sreehari, did you look for appointment only at Croydon? and did you look at enhanced service points? Having no appointment for so many days with 50 centres seems not right
That’s what I was thinking as well, there are 50 centers now. I’m due to submit next Tuesday and am hoping to attend an appointment between the 19th- 21st...

livlivuk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by livlivuk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 pm

AidenUK wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm
livlivuk wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm
Hi AidenUK,

No, I have not heard anything from them; not even an acknowledgement email. I called Sopra Steria Customer service on Saturday and they confirmed they had indeed submitted to Home Office on the 6th Dec which was the day of my appointment. Will update if i hear anything. Hope this helps.
Much appreciated livlivuk.
Hi AidenUK,
Have you heard from the HO? I am still waiting myself. Thanks

Kancho
Newly Registered

Post by Kancho » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:21 pm

I have applied online application for Set M yesterday my qualifiying period is from 23 december cant find any appoinments by that dates i have looked every where its again the same issue as it was with PEO centre

shreehari
Nepal

Post by shreehari » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:46 pm

neilajgaonkar wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 pm
shreehari wrote:
Hi

Thanks,
Hi,
Yup ..i looked everywhere around london , not just specific location. One of my friend also had the same issue when he looked for appointment after online submission , he booked for Jan05. also, Btw, i paid extra 100 gbp , so i could book for jan03, as none of it was available.
Yup , i was expecting the same , that i would get appointment with in 5 days , didn't happen with me :/

AMH

Post by AMH » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Kancho wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:21 pm
I have applied online application for Set M yesterday my qualifiying period is from 23 december cant find any appoinments by that dates i have looked every where its again the same issue as it was with PEO centre
To get to appointment section, you need to submit the application which you did before Qualifying period starts? Can you apply and submit before your Qualifying period starts?
7A8M6H

sprakash81
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sprakash81 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am

Hello Dear members,
I'm due soon for my ILR application, I'm a bit confused about the new UKVCAS system all together:

1. 24 hours service isn't 24 hours yet...I presumed it will get better as the system get used.....Is it better now after a month of introduction?

2. what is the difference between Core & Enhanced Centres? Which is better interms of quick decision and delivery please.

GKJ5
Newly Registered

Post by GKJ5 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:18 am

livlivuk wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 pm
AidenUK wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm
livlivuk wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm
Hi AidenUK,

No, I have not heard anything from them; not even an acknowledgement email. I called Sopra Steria Customer service on Saturday and they confirmed they had indeed submitted to Home Office on the 6th Dec which was the day of my appointment. Will update if i hear anything. Hope this helps.
Much appreciated livlivuk.
Hi AidenUK,
Have you heard from the HO? I am still waiting myself. Thanks
Hi Guys,
@ AidenUK & livlivuk.

I am in the same boat as you guys. I applied on 1st of Dec and I haven’t received any updates from HO.
Any good news from you guys?

Thank you.

Kancho
Newly Registered

Post by Kancho » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:36 am

Applied online for Set M using super priority service on 12 Dec paid £ 3018
Got email from HO next day stating received the application and being considered and it may takes up to 6 month .

dont know why they said this as it is 24hr service

Book appoinment at supra today paid £100 for 27 DEC

Qualifying period start from 23 dec
Applied online 12 dec
Appoinment at supra 27 dec

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Attended premium lounge (London)
Quite a pleasant experience with refreshments, coffee and food.
Slightly over-jovial staff considering the applicants may be under stress with the Home Office rules they have to adhere to.

Overall slightly better than the Croydon service, but, missing the same day decision. Lets see how this goes. This is a 8 week SLA so at least versus the paper application we save approx 2 weeks by not waiting for a letter from the HO with the biometrics form.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

AMH

Post by AMH » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Kancho wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:36 am
Got email from HO next day stating received the application and being considered and it may takes up to 6 month .

Applied online 12 dec
How can you submit an application before your Qualifying period? Can anyone advise if it's acceptable and does HO consider applications received before QP?
7A8M6H

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Kancho wrote:
How did you get a date for Dec 27? Did it come up after you applied?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:24 pm

It appears that not only is the HO unable to deliver decisions within the 24 hour period promised for priority applications but Sopra Steria is also not able to offer appointments within five days from the online application as promised. Very disturbing!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:58 pm

michali wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:24 pm
It appears that not only is the HO unable to deliver decisions within the 24 hour period promised for priority applications but Sopra Steria is also not able to offer appointments within five days from the online application as promised. Very disturbing!
Ok i think I might actually start crying now. My week to apply is next week and suddenly it’s all shabbles😔 why isn’t there any availability in any of the 50 Sopra Steria locations around the country? Have they all taken annual leave for 2 weeks? I braced myself for no 24 hour decision, but not taking any appointments until the new year?! It’s all reminiscent of the days of trying to book an appointment at the PSA. Absolutely shocking that the new online process has had a meltdown within a matter of weeks.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 am

AMH wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:32 pm
Kancho wrote:

Applied online 12 dec
How can you submit an application before your Qualifying period? Can anyone advise if it's acceptable and does HO consider applications received before QP?
I agree, how are you applying ahead of your qualifying period?

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 am

Can someone please remind me, if an appointment is booked, are you allowed to re-schedule if something comes up earlier?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Allium, just to encourage you, I know of two applicants today who got appointments within a few days at Sopra Steria Centres.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:13 pm

michali wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 pm
Allium, just to encourage you, I know of two applicants today who got appointments within a few days at Sopra Steria Centres.
Thank you for your encouragement Michali😁 are you able to send me the links of where you may have read this? Thank you!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:14 pm

michali wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 pm
Sorry, allyf! Predictive text messed that up!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:17 pm

It was actually my nephew going for FLR(M) for his wife and a friend of his going for ILR so no links. My nephew says there were quite a few available and he could have even got an earlier one. He went for a free one but could have paid £60 for an earlier one.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:29 am

michali wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:17 pm
It was actually my nephew going for FLR(M) for his wife and a friend of his going for ILR so no links. My nephew says there were quite a few available and he could have even got an earlier one. He went for a free one but could have paid £60 for an earlier one.
Thank you for the clarification! I will keep my fingers crossed for when I go in to book on Tuesday.

Kancho
Newly Registered

Post by Kancho » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:39 am

Its the appoinment date which must be within your qualifying period
allyf wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 am
AMH wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:32 pm
Kancho wrote:

Applied online 12 dec
I agree, how are you applying ahead of your qualifying period?

Kancho
Newly Registered

Post by Kancho » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:44 am

I was keep looking in different centre finally i got slot free on 27 DEC on extra £100 so i booked it without thinking . 8)

When u submit your application then you direct to supra steria web site for further steps the first one is appoinment and then document upload
allyf wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:06 pm
Kancho wrote:

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 am

Kancho wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:44 am
I was keep looking in different centre finally i got slot free on 27 DEC on extra £100 so i booked it without thinking . 8)

When u submit your application then you direct to supra steria web site for further steps the first one is appoinment and then document upload
allyf wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:06 pm
Kancho wrote:
Which center are you attending on the 27th?