ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to apply now ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

simple_vinay
Newly Registered
India

ICT ---> EEA2 ---> British Citizenship

Post by simple_vinay » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi All

My case is a bit unique and any help is very much appreciated.

I came to UK in June2012 on a Tier 2 ICT Short Term Visa for a year, I went back on completion of the year and then got another Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa for the same company/client and came back again in August 2013. Later in the year I got married to my Polish partner and based on that I applied for the EEA2 RC which I got Issued on May 14 with with the renewal date shown as May 19. My partner also applied and successfully got the PR Card and has been in UK for 10 years or so(Always employed). We have a daughter who has a British Passport since birth.

Now with the Brexit etc, We were thinking to sort out our papers and I had few doubts about the same.

A)Should my Mrs apply for British Citizenship at the moment, if it will effect my EEA2 status in anyway, though she will still have the Polish nationality as well or we should just wait till I get PR first.

B)How the PR clock would be counted in my scenario, Can I apply for the permanent residence card now ?will my time spend under ICT would be counted ? or I could only apply after May19.

Many Thanks in Advance for your help.

Regards
Vinay

secret.simon

Re: ICT ---> EEA2 ---> British Citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:32 pm

simple_vinay wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm
A)Should my Mrs apply for British Citizenship at the moment, if it will effect my EEA2 status in anyway, though she will still have the Polish nationality as well or we should just wait till I get PR first.
She should wait until you get PR.
simple_vinay wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm
B)How the PR clock would be counted in my scenario, Can I apply for the permanent residence card now ?will my time spend under ICT would be counted ? or I could only apply after May19.
PR on the fifth anniversary of your marriage. Time on any visa under the UK Immigration Rules won't count.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

simple_vinay
Newly Registered
India

Post by simple_vinay » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Thanks @secret.simon you are a star

When you said, PR on the fifth anniversary of your marriage. Time on any visa under the UK Immigration Rules won't count.

Question - Thanks for clarifying this, so when I could actually apply i.e. the date of my marriage anniversary (Dec 2018) or the month when I got my EEA2 issued on ( May 2019). This is tricky as I understand the final deadline for brexit would be (April 2019) and new rules might kick in post that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 pm

simple_vinay wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:07 pm
Thanks @secret.simon you are a star

When you said, PR on the fifth anniversary of your marriage. Time on any visa under the UK Immigration Rules won't count.

Question - Thanks for clarifying this, so when I could actually apply i.e. the date of my marriage anniversary (Dec 2018) or the month when I got my EEA2 issued on ( May 2019). This is tricky as I understand the final deadline for brexit would be (April 2019) and new rules might kick in post that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

simple_vinay
Newly Registered
India

Post by simple_vinay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 pm

My apologies as I am still learning this platform.

simple_vinay
Newly Registered
India

Permanent Residence or Settled Status ?

Post by simple_vinay » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 am

Hi All

We have a difficult decision to make now.

I am a Non-EEA national who is exercising the EEA2 residence rights in the UK and I have an EEA2 residence card which is valid till MAY-19, However, I have been exercising my rights based on my marriage with my EU partner ( she already has a PR card). We recently had our 5th Aniversary. :D, Now based on the marriage certificate It seems that I can also immediately apply for the PR Card but we are a little confused and would appreciate your views on below points.

1)Should I apply for a PR Card now or we both should wait for March and apply for settled status? Will that is going to be an easy process as compared to the scary EEA2-PR process.

2)Suppose if I(Non-EEA2) apply for the PR now, I have heard that timeline for these applications are huge and up to 6 months (is this true) and if they provide a service for Non-EEA2 residents to return the passport? We have some travels planned and would like to get our passports in hand.

3)Seems like if I even get the PR Card, I would still need to change/apply for the settled status but what I am confused about if PR Card would become invalid, or if it is still going to have more value then the settled status? I am hoping for it to be more useful if we all travel into Europe or perhaps work there in future?

4) If point 3 is true, It makes an impression that It will be better to get the PR card anyways and obtain settled status aligned to UK's sovereign laws?

Looking forward to all wise opinions.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent Residence or Settled Status ?

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

simple_vinay
Newly Registered
India

Re: Permanent Residence or Settled Status ?

Post by simple_vinay » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Not sure - If the topic should have been merged.

Regards
Vin

simple_vinay
Newly Registered
India

What to apply now ?

Post by simple_vinay » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi All

We have a difficult decision to make now.

I am a Non-EEA national who is exercising the EEA2 residence rights in the UK and I have an EEA2 residence card which is valid till MAY-19, However, I have been exercising my rights based on my marriage with my EU partner ( she already has a PR card). We recently had our 5th Aniversary. :D, Now based on the marriage certificate It seems that I can also immediately apply for the PR Card but we are a little confused and would appreciate your views on below points.

1)Should I apply for a PR Card now or we both should wait for March and apply for settled status? Will that is going to be an easy process as compared to the scary EEA2-PR process.

2)Suppose if I(Non-EEA2) apply for the PR now, I have heard that timeline for these applications are huge and up to 6 months (is this true) and if they provide a service for Non-EEA2 residents to return the passport? We have some travels planned and would like to get our passports in hand.

3)Seems like if I even get the PR Card, I would still need to change/apply for the settled status but what I am confused about if PR Card would become invalid, or if it is still going to have more value then the settled status? I am hoping for it to be more useful if we all travel into Europe or perhaps work there in future?

4) If point 3 is true, It makes an impression that It will be better to get the PR card anyways and obtain settled status aligned to UK's sovereign laws?

Looking forward to all wise opinions.

Regards